*** Official Day Three Mosconi Cup Updates

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Like I said you must not be watching because the score is not telling the whole story. Not even close.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, having seen the WWYD threads lately on AZ from The Old Nineballer poster....it's very understandable seeing and reading each post, Many have no clue, it's more yadee yadee than anything else.
I've seen the best pros, like Hall and Varner in their prime in Reno make one or two or NO errors in a race to 11 and get beat 11-zip. Just like any sport with round objects, it depends on how they are rolling or bouncing. :eek:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, having seen the WWYD threads lately on AZ from The Old Nineballer poster....it's very understandable seeing and reading each post, Many have no clue, it's more yadee yadee than anything else.
I've seen the best pros, like Hall and Varner in their prime in Reno make one or two or NO errors in a race to 11 and get beat 11-zip. Just like any sport with round objects, it depends on how they are rolling or bouncing. :eek:

Exactly, ID. Some are too quick in their rush to judgement. As you say, so much has to do with simply how the balls roll out.

Lou Figueroa

Corey just smashes the 2 ball into the open and runs both the 2 and CB down table. Hits the 7 open and it lays good for Europe. 8 and 9 tied up dome but 5 and 7 nearby. 7 straight in. Can bump 8 open. CB and 8 straight into 2nd diamond on longrail. No easy shot...could duck behind 9 and does so very well.
John has 8 ball long bank and missed by a wide margin.
Europe cuts 8 in and makes 9.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn corey didn't want to jump that 1 ball?

shane jumps balls like that all day long.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe breaks 1-1, left blocked. Elect to push and leave a jump shot for the US who refuses.

Boyes knocks in the jump. A little weird on the two, but they drain it.

Gray breaks and makes ball. Can't see 1 ball so push to a 5 foot jump shot down long rail. 2 ball won't be easy to get on. USA gave it back and he spears it. 2 ball is tough but gray made it....easy from here they will get out.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't wait to get new rails, if this is how a pool table is supposed to play, I've been playing on some serious hard equipment. That Mark grey shot on two hit two diamond up and still fell.

I can't wait to get new rails, if this is how a pool table is supposed to play, I've been playing on some serious hard equipment. That Mark grey shot on two hit two diamond up and still fell.

You need to change the cloth every 2 weeks and put heat lamps on it to get a Diamond to play like these. Slippery off rail and it just glides in.

This match is huge. 7 to 6 or 8 to 5. A world of difference going to 11 .