*** Official Day Three Mosconi Cup Updates

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That Match 11 Nikos/Boyes-Schmidt/Hall is worst quality pro match I have seen in long time . It will go down in MC history as worst match ever . The Accustats TPA must be lowest in MC history . What a painful match to watch. Multiple errors in almost every each by both sides. No one wanted to win . Joke of a match. They should be penalised by deducting their prizemoney

Game 1. Misses by Hall, Boyes, and Ekonomopoulos.
Game 2. No misses, but Schmidt hooked his partner going from the 3 to the 4.
Game 3. Misses by Schmidt, Boyes, and Hall (who also scratched on the miss).
Game 4. Boyes scratched making the 3.
Game 5. Misses by Boyes and Ekono. Schmidt pocketed a ball on a safety, thereby hooking his partner. Schmidt scratched making the 9.
Game 6. Schmidt hooked his partner going from the 2 to the 4. A miss by Ekono.
Game 7. Schmidt fouled, missing a kick.
Game 8. Break and run!

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
I've seen John play in person numerous times and that's just the way he deals with it. He jokes about choking, dogging it, how bad he's playing, or hit a shot. I'd guess everyone on the team knows that that's John just being John and he didn't bring anyone down.

Lou Figueroa

There is a time and place for everything. I don't care how he deals with it. John being John? thats funny

If I am analyzing, or down shooting and he is talking about dogging it,choking, the girl with nice legs, grabbing the chalk, chalking his cue in my view, approaching the table as I am shooting the shot like it is a gimme and he can't wait to shoot.

I am telling him to STFU and get away from me, Mark Wilson isn't doing it so somebody has to.

When he was telling Justin Hall to cut that ball in the corner, take your time buddy, see it in, 1 rail, take your time, you can do it, 1 rail, roll it smooth.

He was talking to him like he was teaching him how to play.
Justin was analyzing the shot, and this guy is running his mouth destroying his focus and concentration. He should STFU and let Justin do what he does.
Without focus and concentration, throw your cue in the fireplace.

Shaddap, save your yak yak personality for the interviews, play pool.
This is me, being me.

I repeat, WHERE IS THE COACH ?

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When he was telling Justin Hall to cut that ball in the corner, take your time buddy, see it in, 1 rail, take your time, you can do it, 1 rail, roll it smooth.

He was talking to him like he was teaching him how to play.
Justin was analyzing the shot, and this guy is running his mouth destroying his focus and concentration. He should STFU and let Justin do what he does.

Nope. They were discussing the shot. Hall said something like, "I might not shoot at this." and Schmidt responded with, "On this table you should shoot that, cut it thin and it'll slide in one rail." Or whatever. There is discussion on a lot of shots, Hall just missed that one.

Schmidt played poorly, but I don't think he was at fault there. The shot was on. If Hall didn't feel comfortable he should have gone his own way and ducked. As it was he took it on and missed.

Desmondp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man so many scratches by both teams !

USA had it's chances but no cigar

still, this USA team has a heap of potential in future years

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John and Charlie williams are good friends. In Bonus ball Tournament they both argued with each other on every shot charlie was shooting. John advises charlie how to shoot the shot and charlie does not want to do the way John was suggesting. These arguments occured before every shot.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we got one on the team, I say it is time to call in the navy seal!:thumbup:

By the way, British Marines have the reputation of being the Best Bar Room Brawlers/street fights.
Our Marines/seals can`t handle the British Marines in the street Brawls.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PSA:

Emily Longden & Jade Slusarczyk are our Mosconi Cup girls. Everyone commenting on how bad they look, must be blind.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Nope. They were discussing the shot. Hall said something like, "I might not shoot at this." and Schmidt responded with, "On this table you should shoot that, cut it thin and it'll slide in one rail." Or whatever. There is discussion on a lot of shots, Hall just missed that one.

Schmidt played poorly, but I don't think he was at fault there. The shot was on. If Hall didn't feel comfortable he should have gone his own way and ducked. As it was he took it on and missed.

I agree on some shots discussion is a good thing. Justin is a player, he was thinking it over, he may have felt more comfortable going across table twice , letting the stroke out,instead of slow rolling it. he may have been more comfortable ducking.
Its easy on that shot to lose the cue ball and land on the wrong rail.

Looks to me like Justin was caught up mentally from the discussion, he missed that ball poorly, a sure sign of mixed emotions

Some things are better off not being discussed, sometimes you have to trust your teamates decisions, right or wrong.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 4 lineup is out. Svb first two matches, then hall, bergman, Deuel, Schmidt. This is exactly how my line up would have went. Put your strongest players up first. Shane has to come with it today and get the first two wins. I believe he will. Then you have hall who has been the MVP for the usa so far. It's not over yet! Let's go USA!!!!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Game 1. Misses by Hall, Boyes, and Ekonomopoulos.
Game 2. No misses, but Schmidt hooked his partner going from the 3 to the 4.
Game 3. Misses by Schmidt, Boyes, and Hall (who also scratched on the miss).
Game 4. Boyes scratched making the 3.
Game 5. Misses by Boyes and Ekono. Schmidt pocketed a ball on a safety, thereby hooking his partner. Schmidt scratched making the 9.
Game 6. Schmidt hooked his partner going from the 2 to the 4. A miss by Ekono.
Game 7. Schmidt fouled, missing a kick.
Game 8. Break and run!

Great stuff Atlarge, thanks. Incredible the number of errors per rack is equal or more than number of whole match of other players
I don't know how to calc TPA but I am guessing it will be one of lowest if not lowest in MC history :)

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
By the way, British Marines have the reputation of being the Best Bar Room Brawlers/street fights.
Our Marines/seals can`t handle the British Marines in the street Brawls.

are you in Blackpool? i've been looking for Lee & Jim in the stands, but haven't seen them yet.

(funny post)

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Social Media

Social Media and the Mosconi Cup

It's no secret opinions are like a$$hole$.
From the day the team was chosen this place, and the pool world has been lit up with opinions, including my own.

Speaking for myself, at times my opinions can be insensitive; most times I try to be diplomatic.

What holds true is this.
Our team is there, foreign soil, TV cameras, social media, hometown crowd, under the microscope, and all the crap and chatter in the pool world they heard leading up to the first break.

Yet all 5 players step into the box when their time is called and do the best they can. They should be held in high regard just for being there.

I would love to see this team run out the match today, what an awsome ending that would be.
I have been a little hard on John Schmidt. I would like to see John play well and show the world how capable he is of playing great pool.

I would love to see the entire team play to their capabilities and celebrate with the Trophy.

Opinions are just that, opinions. I will be watching and pulling for them to win, despite my own personal beliefs or opinion.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Social Media and the Mosconi Cup

It's no secret opinions are like a$$hole$.
From the day the team was chosen this place, and the pool world has been lit up with opinions, including my own.

Speaking for myself, at times my opinions can be insensitive; most times I try to be diplomatic.

What holds true is this.
Our team is there, foreign soil, TV cameras, social media, hometown crowd, under the microscope, and all the crap and chatter in the pool world they heard leading up to the first break.

Yet all 5 players step into the box when their time is called and do the best they can. They should be held in high regard just for being there.

I would love to see this team run out the match today, what an awsome ending that would be.
I have been a little hard on John Schmidt. I would like to see John play well and show the world how capable he is of playing great pool.

I would love to see the entire team play to their capabilities and celebrate with the Trophy.

Opinions are just that, opinions. I will be watching and pulling for them to win, despite my own personal beliefs or opinion.

Good points except I don't think Schmidt will be playing anymore in this Mosconi cup and quite sure in anymore Mosconi cups.I'd rather see Earl than Schmidt as both of them are major distractions but it's obvious Earls level of play has much much more to offer.
I'd like to see Earl and Johnny back on the team along with SVB and the Justins and Varner as the Captain.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Good points except I don't think Schmidt will be playing anymore in this Mosconi cup and quite sure in anymore Mosconi cups.I'd rather see Earl than Schmidt as both of them are major distractions but it's obvious Earls level of play has much much more to offer.
I'd like to see Earl and Johnny back on the team along with SVB and the Justins and Varner as the Captain.

Agree 100%.
They may have to make room for Dechaine, he is growing very strong mentally.
I have said it before, If I were Dechaine and Mark Wilson is the coach, I tell him to take a flying leap up the wazoo.
The whole teaching Mike a lesson thing was ridiculous.

I like Nick to coach.