Old Falcon Cue

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's mine. I love these cues. IMHO, they are right between a Joss and a Schon.

lonewolfdoss

falcon nick varner used....

I was reading this thread and seen that I have the same cue with some differences. I emailed falcon and was told the cue was made for a player they sponsored after sending them pictures... I lived in Madisonville Kentucky for a few years and went to Nick's place every 2 weeks. I may be interested in selling this cue if anyone is interested.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No joss in that photo. The cue on the left is an old school fullsplice from the 60's that a local cue maker converted for a friend if mine. It's my main cue now.

lonewolfdoss

falcon Nick Varner used....

Here are the pictures so you can see the differences...

Attachments

• Snapshot_20140709_4.JPG
    Snapshot_20140709_4.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 939
  • Snapshot_20140709.JPG
    Snapshot_20140709.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Snapshot_20140709_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20140709_1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Snapshot_20140709_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20140709_2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Snapshot_20140709_3.JPG
    Snapshot_20140709_3.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 987

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's mine that looks exactly like the Varner one above. Logo on the forearm. Does anyone know if the white is ivory on these early Falcons? Sure looks like it.
egeveqev.jpg
u4ujebaz.jpg
egesabez.jpg

Sent from my HTC One via Tapatalk

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a close up of my inlay. A quick way to check is to use UV lighting. Ivory comes up a different color.

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Falcons used Bone, not Ivory when made here in Canada. One of the best production cues ever in terms of bang for your buck. Couple rare ones in this thread!

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sale on eBay now. Ending soon. Someone's gonna get a great deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251611473175?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

FYI...It has been confirmed by Dick Abbott as an ultra rare prototype for the F24 model made for Nick Varner, four points ebony w/ ivory
& mother of pearl inlays, ebony butt sleeve with ivory & mother of pearl inlays, ivory joint and butt plate, one-of-a-kind, very good condition ~
58"/19oz ~ two shafts 12.7mm ivory ferrules

This one isn't bone but ALL IVORY.

Here's mine that looks exactly like the Varner one above. Logo on the forearm. Does anyone know if the white is ivory on these early Falcons? Sure looks like it.
egeveqev.jpg
u4ujebaz.jpg
egesabez.jpg

Sent from my HTC One via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone in this thread noted that some of the Falcon cues were (or may have been) made by JOSS cues. I am curious if the AC (American Collection) Nick Varner signature series cues may have been made by JOSS (for Falcon)? I think that it is possible, because JOSS did make a series of cues for Brunswick (the Brunswick Gold Crown collection), and they have a very similar Phenolic Joint Collar on that series of cue. I think that maybe the Nick Varner signature series cues in the AC series may have been made by JOSS, but this is just a thought, because of the joint that was used on those cues. Many (if not all) of the Nick Varner signature series cues were made using a Phenolic Joint Collar, and this is a type of joint that was used on many JOSS cues back in the same era that the AC Falcon cues were made, just like this Brunswick Gold Crown cue (that was made by JOSS in the link below).

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=268892

So, what are the odds that JOSS was the cue maker for some of these Nick Varner signature series Falcon cues (like the ones in the AC series that have the Phenolic Joint Collar)? Has anyone contacted Dan Janes, and asked him about this? Just curious. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Joss either made some of the early Falcon and Brunswick cues,OR they helped set up their shop equipment,because as far as joint dimensions and pin choice,there is almost no difference. I also think they made some of the early Predator butts.

The phenolic jointed cues played quite well most of the time. Tommy D.

Yeah, I really love the phenolic joint cues (that were made by Joss). I am getting a Nick Varner Signature series Falcon cue in the mail tomorrow or in a few days (hopefully), and it looks identical to the AC5 model, but there are 4 diamond shaped inlays in the butt (but other then that, it looks a lot like the AC5 model, but maybe a little different in the wood stains). I was just thinking that it would be really cool of the cue was actually made by Joss (for Falcon), but it might be a long shot that they were made by Joss. I have just never seen a Falcon cue with that same phenolic joint (that I have seen on Joss cues in the past). And yeah, it is true that the older Predator butts were made in Canada by Falcon cues.

Joss either made some of the early Falcon and Brunswick cues,OR they helped set up their shop equipment,because as far as joint dimensions and pin choice,there is almost no difference. I also think they made some of the early Predator butts.

The phenolic jointed cues played quite well most of the time. Tommy D.

Attachments

• falcon cue 1.JPG
    falcon cue 1.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,323
  • falcon cue 2.jpg
    falcon cue 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,592
  • falcon cue 3.jpg
    falcon cue 3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,445
Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice acquisition! I still think the green AC-3 is my favorite. The contrast to the brown phenolic is badass. PM me if someone here want's to sell or trade one!! I shouldn't have passed the one up that was for sale on craigslist near me. I saw the How it's Made episode on cues and Falcon was the factory they featured. The one that was for sale was actually featured in the first few frames of the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUbpn7WZYA