Old pool magazines

scott1313

Registered
Magazines from the 90's have, for the most part, little value unless you have issues of The Snap which sell for a decent amount.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are pool magazines from the 90's worth anything? Have a couple boxed away.
If you have the right magazines and find the right person, you might get $5/issue, but $1 to $2 is more likely. Which magazines do you have, what condition are they in and do you have complete runs (no gaps)?

scott1313

Registered
ctyhntr,

If you Google The Snap Magazine there is a write up that explains its popularity. Quality of the articles, limited quantity and short lifespan.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Ya' know being somewhat of a pack rat I saved all back issues of many magazines and fairly recently with encouragement from "The Warden" I finally just tossed them in the recycling bin. Glad to hear they were not worth much.

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya' know being somewhat of a pack rat I saved all back issues of many magazines and fairly recently with encouragement from "The Warden" I finally just tossed them in the recycling bin. Glad to hear they were not worth much.

I sold all my old pool mags that the wife wanted me to throw out.
I bought a 70 inch led flat screen with the money and had a few bucks to spare

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By coincidence I also have pulled mine out to sell? Most years are complete except when it comes to Inside Pool which I'm sure you all know. All are in very good condition. Anyone interested?

Pool & Billiard.....95 --- 03
Billiards Digest....92 --- 09
Inside Pool..........03 --- 11

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By coincidence I also have pulled mine out to sell? Most years are complete except when it comes to Inside Pool which I'm sure you all know. All are in very good condition. Anyone interested?

Pool & Billiard.....95 --- 03
Billiards Digest....92 --- 09
Inside Pool..........03 --- 11

You'll have better luck in the wanted/for sale section.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Options

You might have considered giving them to someone who would have appreciated having them, rather than discard them.

Where I live we have semi-annual book sales put on by the Public Library. They sell tens of thousands of books, - many old library copies, but most donated by the public.

In the past fifteen years I've purchased at least 300 books there, probably at an average cost of about 25 cents. Including a dozen books about pool. Also, cassettes, CDs, DVDs and magazines.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magazines from the 90's have, for the most part, little value unless you have issues of The Snap which sell for a decent amount.

Don't be so sure. I had hundreds on old mags and have sold many of them on ebay a number of times. They always sell often for more then you would imagine. I had a bunch of European billiard mags and they were bought by Paul Sorvino from "Goodfellas".
All it takes is a willing buyer and a willing seller.

Last edited: