On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll guarantee I'll call you when I'm ready for sure...

I don't even want to play him even anymore it's not fair.
Ill come to where he is at and give him the 9 playing 10 ball wild on a 9ft table . He said he would bet 5 k. So ill put up 6 k to his 5 k .

Hi there Chris,

I know your a good player. I think you under estimate my ability.

I will remember what you said here and that is how we will play.

If I get that spot we might have to sign a contract and play for a week or 2;)

Right now i have some terrible physical things going. I'm trying to lose another 25 lbs that will make me pretty skinny. It is my next step in trying to cure or slow down being diabetic.

If I can get the weight down that far maybe my body can repair the damage that has been done over the last 3 years from shoulder surgery and the motor home falling on me. With diabetes it's hard for your body to heal. When the blood sugar gets too high your veins can leak kind of and that's why they need to start cutting off toes and feet sometimes. When they leak too much that part of the body starts to die.

When you got this going on it's hard to get anything to heal. If you bump into a doorway just wrong it might take a week to quit hurting.

Some days I can't beat my sister and other days I can't seem to miss and feel strong for awhile.

It's all about me getting this body healed up. If I can't get this problem solved I might as well join the non playing pool teachers association.

We could call it the N.P.P.T.A.

When I get there, and I'm determined that I will, you'll know all about it because I will be making some noise all over with some games here and there.

I've been working on this healing up now for awhile with not so good results.

Last night I had to come back to the room and ice my shoulder and ribs and back. Today i can't even play pool. Can't hardly raise my arm or turn my head to the right.

I know you didn't know this and that's OK.

I'm not ducking you at all. I just can't play anyone right now and feel good about it.

One of my friends in Minneapolis called me up when he read the post all excited and wants me to go play. I told him I wouldn't do that with his money right now. If i wouldn't do it with mine, I wouldn't do it with his.

He wanted to post up 2 sets. He was all excited. He knows how I'm capable of playing. he just didn't understand my physical situation right now.

The 9 ball and 6 to 5 on the money playing 10 ball does sound pretty good.

I want to tell you thanks for giving me a little motivation to get there as soon as I can. I'm going to us our upcoming game to try and motivate me and stay on track with my task at hand here with my health.

Right now I am fighting a battle I can't seem to win with the road and my health.

This is going to be one of my short term goals in my pool life. To be in good enough shape to play Chris Bartram some $5,000 sets of 10 ball and feel good about it.

I might still lose because I know Chris, your a great player and play real solid for the cash. But is I can get in good enough shape to play that will be a huge victory for me.

I want to say thanks for your words here on the thread.

One more reason for me to get there............

One man a van and the road...........

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there Chris,

I know your a good player. I think you under estimate my ability.

I will remember what you said here and that is how we will play.

If I get that spot we might have to sign a contract and play for a week or 2;)

Right now i have some terrible physical things going. I'm trying to lose another 25 lbs that will make me pretty skinny. It is my next step in trying to cure or slow down being diabetic.

If I can get the weight down that far maybe my body can repair the damage that has been done over the last 3 years from shoulder surgery and the motor home falling on me. With diabetes it's hard for your body to heal. When the blood sugar gets too high your veins can leak kind of and that's why they need to start cutting off toes and feet sometimes. When they leak too much that part of the body starts to die.

When you got this going on it's hard to get anything to heal. If you bump into a doorway just wrong it might take a week to quit hurting.

Some days I can't beat my sister and other days I can't seem to miss and feel strong for awhile.

It's all about me getting this body healed up. If I can't get this problem solved I might as well join the non playing pool teachers association.

We could call it the N.P.P.T.A.

When I get there, and I'm determined that I will, you'll know all about it because I will be making some noise all over with some games here and there.

I've been working on this healing up now for awhile with not so good results.

Last night I had to come back to the room and ice my shoulder and ribs and back. Today i can't even play pool. Can't hardly raise my arm or turn my head to the right.

I know you didn't know this and that's OK.

I'm not ducking you at all. I just can't play anyone right now and feel good about it.

One of my friends in Minneapolis called me up when he read the post all excited and wants me to go play. I told him I wouldn't do that with his money right now. If i wouldn't do it with mine, I wouldn't do it with his.

He wanted to post up 2 sets. He was all excited. He knows how I'm capable of playing. he just didn't understand my physical situation right now.

The 9 ball and 6 to 5 on the money playing 10 ball does sound pretty good.

I want to tell you thanks for giving me a little motivation to get there as soon as I can. I'm going to us our upcoming game to try and motivate me and stay on track with my task at hand here with my health.

Right now I am fighting a battle I can't seem to win with the road and my health.

This is going to be one of my short term goals in my pool life. To be in good enough shape to play Chris Bartram some $5,000 sets of 10 ball and feel good about it.

I might still lose because I know Chris, your a great player and play real solid for the cash. But is I can get in good enough shape to play that will be a huge victory for me.

I want to say thanks for your words here on the thread.

One more reason for me to get there............

Hats off to ya GENO! Keep up the hard work and you will get there! Just remember that Anytime Fitness is calling your name and so is the pool table! With those two things requiring your time and attention you will be working hard and feel fulfilled. That is a big spot that Chris is offering and I think he has bit off a little too much here but that is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...well ...you know. :eek:

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Hats off to ya GENO! Keep up the hard work and you will get there! Just remember that Anytime Fitness is calling your name and so is the pool table! With those two things requiring your time and attention you will be working hard and feel fulfilled. That is a big spot that Chris is offering and I think he has bit off a little too much here but that is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...well ...you know. :eek:

Lol. Gene is a nice guy. But
He will never play me with the 9 ball playing 10 ball on a good 9 ft table and my 6 k to his 5 k
Ill side bet anyone 200 he don't play with in the year this way
And that means ill bet him 200 he don't play

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. Gene is a nice guy. But
He will never play me with the 9 ball playing 10 ball on a good 9 ft table and my 6 k to his 5 k
Ill side bet anyone 200 he don't play with in the year this way
And that means ill bet him 200 he don't play

Gene seems to be pretty excited about the challenge...if he says he will play I'm sure he means it!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure hope it takes less than a year for this to heal up...

Gene seems to be pretty excited about the challenge...if he says he will play I'm sure he means it!

Right now the way it is it doesn't feel like it will ever heal up.

Once I slow down this Diabetes thing I think it will. Then the body will be able to heal.

I hope I don't need another shoulder surgery betting I am betting I don't.

Losing this weight is my only chance I think so the body can do it's thing.

Kind of comical today though.

I'm switching rooms at the Value Place. Can't sleep in the one I got. The guy is 6'9" in the room above me and it sounds like drums on the ceiling when he walks. He's moving around all morning long and that's the middle of my night being on pool players hours.

I got a ton of stuff to move. Like about 3 carts full being on the road all the time. I got the big ice bag on my shoulder trying to stop the pain so I can play some pool tonight. The shirt kind of keeps it in place. I'm trying not to use my right arm to move all this stuff and the ice bag keeps falling down on my arm a little.

People here look at me kind of funny with this ice bag bulging out but if they knew what I do they would understand I just want to play a little pool.

Got to finish with the last load. Doesn't feel like I will get lucky tonight and be able to play at all.

About 3 days rest should do it though.

Oh well.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene, you may have done more than "dinged" your shoulder last week lifting weights. If it is hurting as bad as you describe, there may be something else going on. Indy has some of the best Sports Medicine people in the country, you may want to check it out.

Gene, if your shoulder is hurting so bad you're concerned about doing some heavy lifting when you move out of the hotel to hit the road again, just give me a couple of hours heads up, I'd be glad to drive down that way and do the heavy lifting. Seriously, just call.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the offer and the help.........

Gene, you may have done more than "dinged" your shoulder last week lifting weights. If it is hurting as bad as you describe, there may be something else going on. Indy has some of the best Sports Medicine people in the country, you may want to check it out.

Gene, if your shoulder is hurting so bad you're concerned about doing some heavy lifting when you move out of the hotel to hit the road again, just give me a couple of hours heads up, I'd be glad to drive down that way and do the heavy lifting. Seriously, just call.

It's going to be OK. I just havn't had it flair up like this for awhile but I've been playing someone everyday for awhile and then the tourny where I'm blasting the break or trying to.

I did the wrap around ice thing last night. Iced up like I was a fish in a box and this morning it feels pretty good.

This is the first time in a long time that it was actually painful. Usually it would just feel extremely tired. Like I couldn't lift it up. This time it was like i couldn't lift it up or it hurt.

A couple more days of this icing and it should be on the mend. And no breaking the balls.

The good news is it finally felt better from the icing. Doc told me that if it was a ligament the icing won't help. If it's a muscle the ice will help and it will heal.

I just didn't use enough.

Thanks again

Today will be a teaching day.

If I can get this shoulder back to where it was before it blew up I'll be one happy camper.

One man a van and the road........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keeps me going........

Gene,
Thanks much for taking the time to clear up a question I had from your dvd. In light of the fact that you already have a lot on your plate between your health, finances, business, travel and game, not to mention reporting on here, it meant a lot. You had nothing to gain, other than the satisfaction of knowing that another fellow player has been set on a path to improve their game by learning what you have figured out, and can explain so clearly. Good luck with your upcomong, expanded dvd. If you do make it to the Super Billiards Expo, I hope to shake your hand.

Thank You Bill for being a Perfect Aim customer.

It's players like yourself that I can help that keep me going.

I just wish there would be some way to let every know that this will help anyone more than they could ever imagine.

My Perfect Aim kind of gets lost in the mix. there's allot of junk out there for a player to sift through before they find the real deal.

Glad you found me and Perfect aim.

Again this gave me the opportunity to show you that you made a great purchase when you bought the video.

Have fun with it and I hope to see you someday.

Expo looks out of the picture for now but you never know.

Thanks again geno...........

brock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Geno, Nice shooting at the brick yard tourney!!!! How long do you think you will be up that a way???? Let us southern boys know when you are coming south!! It was a pleasure meeting and playing you.. And the lessons really helped, can't wait for my tune up.. Thank you Geno for all you do for all of us pool players!!!!!!!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be heading to the Expo.......

Trying to find a room right now that won't break the bank.

it's about a 12 hour drive from where I'm at right now in Indy.

Shoulder is feeling pretty good and starting to hit them well again but it's still a little delicate.

Played last night and the playing didn't seem to hurt it.

I guess I'm going to have to stop trying to work out with that shoulder. That is what aggravated it and got it out of wack in the first place.

The weight thing is going good also. I quit taking my meds for diabetes and plan on keeping the blood sugar down with the diet. this will also help me keep from over eating.

Tonight I'm going to play someone. Don't know who but I need to bet a little and get the competitive juice flowing a little.

One man a van and the road.............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got action tonight. Bobby Sr or Jr.......

I know they both want to play.

I'll flip a coin with them to see who I play.

They'll get a kick out of that.

Then I have a lesson later.

Sounds like a pretty good night of pool..

It don't get any better than this.

Can you ever get enough of pool........

But the best good news is I have this diabetic thing on the run.......

I ate my veggy formula this morning and topped it off with about a quarter pound burger. Blood sugar went up to 131 tops and within an hour was back to 101.

No meds now for a week. This is the best... If your diabetic yourself you know how amazing this is.

I will share with all AZers what I have been doing to get there. It's only been 5 weeks and I'm not starving myself. Losing weight though.

One man a van and the road.............

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got down there and Bobby Jr was ready.......

Sr was in action already.

We started out Bobby wins the first set 7-9.

I win the next 3 and shooting pretty good. The only way i can beat bobby is to run racks and I know that. He plays too darn good.

Playing the fifth set and Bobby jumps out front 7-1. I'm showing signs of my energy being in trouble.

I bear down and almost get there and lose 7-9.

I tell bobby I quit. Can't play anymore. I can tell now when that is and need to be careful because there is no reason to just give the money back. About 5 hours did it. That's pretty good for me right now. Better than a month ago.

During the last set I even lost my balance and fell against a table in back of me. . It kind of hurt a little even.

Bobby wanted to play one more. He was stuck one set but he knows how it is with me. I can only play for so long right now.

I gave in and said OK, we'll play another set. it didn't take much convincing because I want to play anyway.

After the first game I knew i had made a mistake. Down 4-0 and it could have been 3-1 the other way had I not missed shots or played bad safes. I'm playing real bad and feeling real wore out.

I bear down and bring the score back to 4-3. I'm running out again and miss the 4 ball straight in on a seeing eye rack. Stop, stop, stop, and stop was all I had to do.

Now it's 5-3 instead of 4-4. My legs are starting to cramp and my eyes are burning. I had to take one of those darn metformin earlier because my blood sugar got too high. I think that is what makes the eyes burn for no apparent reason. They say it isn't from those pills but if I don't take them it doesn't happen. It had been 1 week since i took the metformin and the burning was pretty obvious.

I play a bad safe the next rack making it 6-4.

I looked at Bobby and said I quit. i don't think he believed me at first. I told him to keep the money. I was mad at myself for even playing that last set. Kind of rediculous.

It ain't worth me having a stroke or a heart attack trying to win a few games of pool.

It's not good to start having your muscles cramp up especially if your diabetic. The heart is a muscle also.

Anyway. Who knows. I might have pulled off a miracle and won the set but I doubt it.

From now on I will set a time limit to play with everyone and stick to it.

it's 7:30 AM and I'm still not sleeping. it kind of screws up the whole system when you get wore out like that.

The good news is I was playing lights out for those 3 sets that i won. Hardly missed a ball.

Need to lose the weight and get rid of this monkey on my back, diabetes, and then see how long I can play at a higher level.

That's the goal. 20 more lbs to go.

One man a van and the road............

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rested all day........

Still feel like I got a hangover from yesterday.

Need to make sure I don't play until I'm totally drained.

Have a couple of mini lessons to do down to brickyard that I'm sure will turn into full lessons.

Monday will be my last day at brickyard and as usual there will be some players that will wish they learned this while I was there.

Got a pretty special lesson with a great player on Sunday. This is a player that played at a pretty high level 15 years ago and is having trouble seeing the shots like he used to.

I'm pretty pumped about this. i know this will bring it all back again plus.

Tonight and today will be dedicated to teaching and eating right, getting the health back on track.

It sure is good to feel good.

Many of us take our health for granted, but take it from someone that knows. Enjoy it and do everything you can when your health is good.

Take care of yourself and your body will reward you with great results.

One man a van and the road............

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a heads up on the action tonight..........

Bobby called me and it sounds like Strong arm John is going to play Steve Oaks.

I don't know which game they were playing but I know they will bet big.

I asked Steve to play before I played Bobby. he declined.

He asked me to play 2 years ago when I was at Brickyard. I sure wish we could play.

Oh well. There is still time.

Should be fun to keep an eye on.

Bobby Sr is there also . I'll have action there for sure if a lesson doesn't happen.

Got to go have some fun...........

Today if I play I will practice playing when I'm a little tired. need to play tired to get used to focusing when your tired.

tonight would be Perfect.........

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Go get em Gene. We haven't talked in a week or two, but I'm keeping up with your thread. Only 20 lbs to go, buddy. I know you will get there.

I need a tuneup, so I'll be calling you next week when I have time. After filming about a thousand shots at the White Diamonds and Big Tyme Classic, and practicing the last few weeks, I've realized that I'm probably left-eye dominant after all.

I've played with my chin on the cue so long, and tried so many different things with eye dominance, that I've (unfortunately) been able to force one or the other to take over at will. But I always look through the camera with my left eye, and I play much better when I line up with my left eye.

I've gone through the steps that I remember but I'd like to get you on the phone to walk me through it again.

Stay safe, shoot the lights out, keep working towards your goal, and keep having fun. We enjoy your stories, and we appreciate your help!

Best of luck,

-Blake

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg Sullivan matched up with Big Arm John........

I thought that Steve Oaks was going to play John.

Evidently they couldn't agree on a game.

In comes Greg Sullivan and they get a game going with john.

$200 a game one pocket. I think john plays that one pocket pretty sporty.

Greg took him to the house winning all 4 games that they played.

Each game took about an hour.

They also won about $400 on the side.

Oh and by the way. Not only does Greg Sullivan play a mean one pocket game but he makes a bad ass pool table also. It's called a Diamond.

For those of you that don't know it he's the man.

I did a tour of the Diamond Factory and was really amazed. Those tables are built like a tank. I can't imagine anyone spending money on any other table.

The places that I go to always have the diamonds full. the others sit empty.

If I had a poolhall right now it's a no brainer. Diamond Tables for sure.

As for me I just played Bobby Sr some races to 9 10 ball. He beat me 2 sets in a row. He was playing good and I was playing terrible. Isn't that the way it goes when your losing.

I gutted it out and beared down and won the 3rd set. Bob quit, he was pretty tired.

I've only got Sunday and Monday left here in Indy. So if anyone wants to catch me before I leave you better do it quick.

715-563-8712

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy easter everyone...........

Hope everyone has the best time today.

This is one of the best holidays there is. Not real expensive and allot of fun for the kids.

I think the grammas and grampas have allot of fun with all the grand kids.

My day will be spent with what I consider a high profile player.

Plays for allot of money and is capable of playing at a real high level. Hadn't played for about 15 years and never got that real sharp shooting technique back quite.

Perfect Aim will do that and much more. i'm really excited about this lesson.

This will show the local players how strong this is because they will have to deal with this player after I'm gone and he's winning the cash.

Up up and away.

For another fun day.

Happy Easter Everyone...........