One piece slate vs 3 piece slate

wirednine

Registered
I had rotator cuff surgery last year along with some bone grinding, I was playing pool 4-5 days later. It was on my bridge arm, I would put my hand in place then move my body away from my hand into position so I didnt need to use my shoulder to lift my arm.

Dude, that is more than inspiring. I don't think I'll be able to do that. Pool is the main reason I'm getting the surgery done. It's when I go down on the shot, chin over cue is when it screams at me. I'll be happy when it's done!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 35 years ago I bought an oversized 8’ table from some California manufacturer. The rack came with some flat plastic thing that fit under the rack to protect the cloth from the balls while racking the balls

ratdaddy

Registered
Resurrecting an old thread, but it makes more sense than starting a new one.

I'm going to be purchasing a 9ft Diamond for my new house I'm moving into in about a week. I also had the 1 piece vs 3 piece question.

Finally, can anyone recommend a good vendor and/or installer in the St. Louis, MO area? I'll pay for it to be done right. A good roll and rails are far more important to me than a couple hundred $$$.

Appreciate if anyone can assist with this. I've always just been a pool hall player and this will finally be my first table after many years of paying by the hour.

I would suggest calling Mark Wilson and ask him who he hired to set up the Diamond tables at the Lindenwood University Billiards Arena in St. Charles...he is a cool guy and am sure would be glad to help. It's a top-notch facility. I'm sure he knows who to use in the St. Louis area.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So if it warps your pretty much done , oh that's right slate don't warp lol

IF it warps??? Slate lays down on a pool table according to how flat the frame is, that's why slates are shimmed to level, to compensate for a frame that's not flat. I've been working leveling slates for over 34 years, how long have you been working on them?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have only worked with 1 piece slates so take this as you will, but I have heard that 3 piece slates can be leveled more precisely.

You may have heard that from some that don't know shit, when you level a 3 piece slate, you're in fact trying to emulate a one piece slate when you're done!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
IF it warps??? Slate lays down on a pool table according to how flat the frame is, that's why slates are shimmed to level, to compensate for a frame that's not flat. I've been working leveling slates for over 34 years, how long have you been working on them?

Glad to see you back, Glen....take no prisoners

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glad to see you back, Glen....take no prisoners

Pisses me off when ppl giving out information on here have NO idea what they're talking about, even when i tell them they're wrong....they still INSIST they're RIGHT!