One Year Ago Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott,
Your teaching skills are well known but I'm starting to question your eye sight. This guy was running out from everywhere? Maybe it's time we all chip in for some eye procedures?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And in scotch doubles

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because of the way John acted prior to the match, if I was Lou, there would be photos in my signature, I would have had someone photoshop John's face onto a mule, and I would still be talking smack.

No matter how you feel about Lou, he endured a TON of smack and abuse prior to the match. I would say this regardless of who Lou played and they acted in that manner.

As far as this posted money nonsense.. well I guess if Lou set up shop in a third world country and paid third world wages and made his 10k off of the sweat of others, I guess that would be OK?

JV

No. Haven't put anything in my signature block but it's not a bad idea. I did, briefly, consider painting the bedroom ceiling with a moment...

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• JB Pays Off-1.jpg
    JB Pays Off-1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 334

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the bulls lost, should we assume they got steaked? :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

lol. That's pretty good.

Just a tad more seriously, after the bull fights some of the tapa joints around Las Ventas, the main bull ring in Madrid, do offer cojones from the day's star performers.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You of all people, CJ, should appreciate the balance that having both JB and Lou here provides, kind of a ying and yang sort of thing :p

I appreciate both guys here. I have disagreed with both, but appreciate them just the same. They are part of this forums culture. Part of its history. Both have been good with forum newbies, including myself way back when. Both have lots to share, and both occasionally go too far. Still, they are true to themselves, and put it out there for all to see.

I would love to have a beer with either, or both. That cannot be said of everyone here, sadly.

Thank you, dub, for that heartfelt sentiment, though I doubt CJ will understand.

Lou Figueroa
he'd need
a sense of humor
transplant

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Well, I thought you and I had come to an agreement that that type of humor is not proper here. Apparently, you just meant it wasn't proper to direct it at you.

But thanks for the free DVDs anyway, and I still owe you a steak dinner whenever we are in the same area. Watched Earl beat you the other night in the "Million Dollar Challenge" semi-final, looking forward to seeing you return the favor.:smile:

hey - watch it! don't you be knockin' my $100K Earl cue!
it's worth a match between us!

(OR, me & CJ v Lou & JB, race to 5....)

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, dub, for that heartfelt sentiment, though I doubt CJ will understand.

Lou Figueroa
he'd need
a sense of humor
transplant

Love the "sense of humor transplant" observation Lou !..One might also add, that CJ needs a common sense transplant, even worse !..His posts are getting VERY hard to make any sense of, even for him !..I'm thinking even his misguided fans are probably totally confused too ! :eek:

This guy makes way more sense, than CJ ! :cool:

13105_615428621898785_3024413665822047551_n.jpg

Last edited:

mnb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lfigueroa said:
John had his issues but he knows how to gamble
Funny that you call it gambling.

you were the big favorite in the match... how much of your own action did you take?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Lou, we can play again. Someday my posts will be made visible. I know why I lost and it wasn't because you outplayed me.

The only revisionist history here is yours. You hurled just as many insults, to my wife, to my staff and to me over the years. We talked about it after the match and you apologized for it.

You may think you hustled me but you didn't. I simply made the wrong choices in when the match should be played and how I prepared to deal with the emotions involved.

In other words I spotted you. You did play good though at times so I don't want to say that you can't play. But you're not a world beater and not someone that I have the slightest fear of playing.

I am working right now but I will pick a time to publicly challenge you. When that time comes I am 100% certain you will not play. But if you should then I promise you that you will not be getting free games again.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that you call it gambling.

you were the big favorite in the match... how much of your own action did you take?

There were several polls taken in the run up to the match. Every one of them showed that the populace here considered John the favorite by a wide margin.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
There were several polls taken in the run up to the match. Every one of them showed that the populace here considered John the favorite by a wide margin.

Lou Figueroa

Lol, I remember that poll. I stated that judging by the video clips he had made, Johns fundamentals would not respond well to pressure. I was ridiculed. 1 matchup of this kind proves nothing (not even the fundamentals bit) but had he won we would never have heard the end of it from the CTE guys. It's the truth and everybody knows it. It's sad that John is no longer active here, though. He was an asset to the forum, even if he flew off the handle sometimes.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

Help me understand why you feel the need to gloat after a year? I haven't read all the posts John put up, so let's just assume he really came after you-or whatever. What is wrong with collecting the money and just moving on? Isn't that the ultimate answer to the situation you were given? You won, what more do you want?

Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions, I am just illustrating my point. If you want a game that bad, then ask CJ Wiley to play you heads up....

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, I remember that poll. I stated that judging by the video clips he had made, Johns fundamentals would not respond well to pressure. I was ridiculed. 1 matchup of this kind proves nothing (not even the fundamentals bit) but had he won we would never have heard the end of it from the CTE guys. It's the truth and everybody knows it. It's sad that John is no longer active here, though. He was an asset to the forum, even if he flew off the handle sometimes.

If he had won it would have gone on forever. I wouldn't have been able to post in any thread without it being brought up.

Lou Figueroa

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Not where it counted, in the action room. You were easily a couple ball favorite by anybody who bothered getting a line on the match.

What I would really like to know is the sequence of how you accepted the challenge. Did Michael approach you and offer to stake you and then you accepted?

My take is this was a vendetta by Michael L. You know Michael considered John his bitter enemy. Your situation and with John on TILT was a chance for him to get revenge. Years before your match, John and Michael got into it and John tried to get Michael's phone number to discuss their differences and inadvertently called Michael's mother in Arizona. Michael was furious, deservedly so. I mention this because somehow I got in the middle of it when Michael approached me on the subject. John said he felt bad about it but I don't think Michael believed it.

I do not think Michael is a bad guy at all, by the way. I believe he is a good guy and likes pool. I liked him. I just think he carried a very nasty grudge against someone he was unwise to engage and antagonize. Michael is also very smart. He saw you as an opportunity for revenge. By the way, all this talk blaming John for only his antics, which were way overboard and out-of-line, seem to ignore the your ongoing insults, digs and posturing.

Was the purpose of this ongoing goading and wishing him and his family well to steal more money from John?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

Help me understand why you feel the need to gloat after a year? I haven't read all the posts John put up, so let's just assume he really came after you-or whatever. What is wrong with collecting the money and just moving on? Isn't that the ultimate answer to the situation you were given? You won, what more do you want?

Obviously, you don't have to answer all the questions, I am just illustrating my point. If you want a game that bad, then ask CJ Wiley to play you heads up....

I don't consider it gloating.

It's been a year and I felt like commemorating an event that pretty much consumed the group for several months. People (admittedly not all) were into it. Countless threads, posts, polls, and photoshops. We had 800 viewers on the stream the first night. It was a big feud 15 years in the making, a big bet, and a big event.

Lou Figueroa

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

What does CJ Wiley have to do with Lou whipping JB?

I'm glad JB isn't on the forum anymore, because he took all the JB Bandwagon folks with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.