Opinions of Pool/Billiards as a Profession

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just so I understand, this is the same "john" that papered the town with bad checks, then skipped town on both the checks and loans from people that thought you were their friend. Changed your name to hide from that. No idea why you changed your name at least two or three more times, I suspect because you had found it was an easy way to duck out of your obligations. Musta got pretty damn warm or you were mighty scared to move as far away from everyone you screwed as you could. Skipping town is one thing but halfway around the world? That's the "john" that is going to lecture me on morals?

Really, why don't you provide some proof? Not like I have been hard to find given that I have been active on the internet for 18 years. Been to most shows and broadcast my whereabouts daily for that whole 18 years. The government knows who I am and where I am, so does every credit bureau.

Are you getting a little bit flustered there Wolfman? Resorting to lies about me is so boring. Even more boring than the "stories" you tell about yourself.

I never skipped out on any loans pal, never floated bad checks either. So save the lies and defamation because they won't do you any good. I haven't hidden from anyone ever.

Once again, the only time I changed my name it was to take my wife's last name because she was an only child and didn't want to change hers. I thought it was a noble thing to do and so did she and everyone else. I still have the same social security number Wolfguy. You do understand what that means right? I mean since you are so smart you know that I have to use my social security number for all sorts of official stuff, like getting a license, getting a passport, opening bank accounts, applying for credit cards, etc.....

So why don't you name the place I supposedly wrote a bunch of bad checks at and where I got loans that I allegedly skipped out on? Someone is playing you and laughing at how easily you resort to slander when cornered. I haven't even had any physical checks since 2002 and when I did I only used them for payroll and nothing else.

Now, I am not going to report you for this slander. But if you would like to persist in it I will be happy to sue you. Just provide your address and I will see to it that you are served if you think you would like to go to court and prove your accusations. It will be fun to see you stand up in court and tell the judge how you're upset because I didn't think you were the thief you claimed to be.

The same one that crawfished on every bet he could with everybody he could playing the match with Lou?

You mean the match where I bet $10,000? The one where I stepped up and played a guy that was supposed to be stealing for $10,000? That match?

I bet what I wanted to bet when the match came down. You obviously couldn't even find $5 left over from your hustling career to even try to bet on your boy.

You are a master of lies, spin, and half-truths. We saw just how far that got you with Lou. Without Spears laying out a roadmap for you, you would have never made it to four games. That match was supposed to be about the value of aiming systems and CTE. Not even the strongest opponents tried to claim your pathetic showing disproved aiming systems. You could have had the best in the world drawing lines on the table for you and it wouldn't have helped your sad assed execution.

Yeah I dogged it. And Dennis wasn't coaching me, hell no one can understand the man without the distraction of a major match going on. He was encouraging me to stay calm and figure it out, to get that money in Dennis-speak.

Best part is the one shot where your boy was CONVINCED that Dennis told me to shoot it was thoroughly denounced by everyone on One Pocket.org including the great Billy Incardona. Lou made a smart ass remark at the end of the night that he didn't know if my "coach" told me to shoot it or not but that it was a "grade A top level one pocket shot". Only NO OTHER Grade A top level one pocket players thought so. And in fact it was such a great shot that Lou EASILY countered it without hesitation and put me into a tougher position where I promptly scratched.

The match was about two people playing heads up because of personal disagreements. If it was about aiming systems then Lou's backer would have had him bark at Stan Shuffett but no one on the entire planet including Lou is dumb enough to let Lou play Stan for any amount of money.

You were born a pissant, have lived your life as a pissant, and will die one whenever the time comes. When you are in the area you are welcome to slither my way to play me some, I'll crush you like a grape.

Wow, lot of anger there Wolfman. you gonna crush me huh? For all of $50 starting me out at $5 a game?

The games with a stranger always started cheap back about the time the better half hit the wall and then nine months later your parents threw away the baby and raised the afterbirth. Nobody that didn't raise the bet ever played me for more than three or five a game, Johnny started at five and didn't find any reason to go up!

Aren't you just the master of descriptive prose? You hustled your way into a middle class existence at $3 a game? Better check your math pal or don't they teach 'rithmatic in your part of the bayou?

Usually there was a dipstick like you one place or another where I stopped that wanted to stall and jack the bet. Then I played for twenty a game, sometimes fifty, rarely a hundred. Shame on anyone that wants to play hustler and can't rate the other player's speed.

Sure. Did you lift that from Buddy's book, Jay's, Red's or any of the countless hustler stories out there. Of COURSE that's how you did it.......

Come on down anytime. You challenged not me. That means I get to choose the time, place, and weapons(pool cues) You do have choice of which of those cues you prefer to use. Since this challenge is about my old stories it is only reasonable we will play in the type of place those stories happened in. You know, the kind of place you are scared shitless to walk in the door of.

I am not scared to walk into any place Wolfpup. Just not gonna play on your gaffed up tables. You're so good why are you scared of playing in a real pool room on a real table? You're saying you rather remain the thief you claim to have been?

While you have a nasty little mouth on you and some big brave fingers on a keyboard you don't have the balls of a bull gerbil so I won't be holding my breath waiting on you.

Hu

Nasty mouth? Let's recap shall we, you called me a pissant, a criminal (which is what papering with bad checks means), called me the afterbirth, and a dipstick. you played the China card, (your old standby) and more.

All because I don't think you were the thieving two-bit hustler you claim to be? I mean you YOURSELF claimed that you made a living stealing from people, "clubbing baby seals" as you put it and you are mad at me because I don't believe it?

That's a really interesting position.

Ok, if it makes you feel better I will switch my position. I believe you were the best hustling thief in the South, maybe in the country. I don't think anyone was smarter than you at pretending to be a bad player and stealing other player's money. I think you were so smart that other hustlers didn't even know who you were and how good you were. You were a thief's thief. From this point on I won't question your account of your self as a great hustling thief.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
to the OP. As I said, I know several players who are making a living off pool. None of them are hustling pool in the least.

They make money in the following categories,

1. Tournament winnings.
2. Endorsement contracts.
3. Exhibition fees.
4. Equipment sales/commissions.

Many do not treat their profession as a business and a career to be nurtured and handled properly. Consequently many do not earn what they could be earning from pool.

The pie is of course small and that is the industry's great failure that they have not grown it. My contention is that if all the leagues got together and took just .25cts a week from each of their members to fund a professional tour they would have a war chest to use to get that tour on TV regularly. This then would grow the interest in pool and the memberships in leagues, thus fueling the circle of growth.

Then players would have a truly viable way to make money that could support a far greater number of dedicated athletes. As it is now, only the very top players can earn a somewhat comfortable living and then only if they are diligent about how they handle their money and business.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the burden of proof is on you

I know about the hot checks and ducking out on the loans and the name changes. You have always said the burden of proof was on me to prove I did what I claim. Likewise bullshitter, the burden is on you to prove you didn't skip town with bad checks out and leave friends holding the bag on debts you didn't repay. I know you did, you know you did, how you gonna prove different when you know I'm telling the truth?

Since you are sweating a gaff table or claiming to, we know you are lying there too, I'll give you choice of tables and choice of the two sticks I offer off the wall. Can't get much fairer than that!

You call the stories lies, come try some under the same conditions. You are the one saying I can't play and never could. You are the one that challenged too. Just like the other baby seals that thought they were killer whales. It wasn't the three and five dollar players I called baby seals, it was the would be hustlers like big timer "john" who thinks he will high roll me.

You are coming to New Orleans anyway, you can make the hour and a half ride. Carry your goofy ass up here and we'll break out a phone book. Any place within twenty miles with a table. I certainly don't know them all. Had better things to do than play pool since I have been here.

Come on don't be shy. Easy pick'ns for big bad "john" that didn't have $9600 of his own money in the bet with Lou either. We both know you are still full of crap by a whole bunch.

"Here, li'l fella, come get this nice fish. C'mere baby."

Hu

Really, why don't you provide some proof? Not like I have been hard to find given that I have been active on the internet for 18 years. Been to most shows and broadcast my whereabouts daily for that whole 18 years. The government knows who I am and where I am, so does every credit bureau.

Are you getting a little bit flustered there Wolfman? Resorting to lies about me is so boring. Even more boring than the "stories" you tell about yourself.

I never skipped out on any loans pal, never floated bad checks either. So save the lies and defamation because they won't do you any good. I haven't hidden from anyone ever.

You mean the match where I bet $10,000? The one where I stepped up and played a guy that was supposed to be stealing for $10,000? That match?

I bet what I wanted to bet when the match came down. You obviously couldn't even find $5 left over from your hustling career to even try to bet on your boy.

Yeah I dogged it. And Dennis wasn't helping me, hell no one can understand the man without the distraction of a major match going on. Best part is the one shot where your boy was CONVINCED that Dennis told me to shoot it was thoroughly denounced by everyone on One Pocket.org including the great Billy Incardona. Lou made a smart ass remark at the end of the night that he didn't know if my "coach" told me to shoot it or not but that it was a "grade A top level one pocket shot". Only NO OTHER Grade A top level one pocket players thought so. And in fact it was such a great shot that Lou EASILY countered it without hesitation and put me into a tougher position where I promptly scratched.

The match was about two people playing heads up because of personal disagreements. If it was about aiming systems then Lou's backer would have had him bark at Stan Shuffett but no one on the entire planet including Lou is dumb enough to let Lou play Stan for any amount of money.

Wow, lot of anger there Wolfman. you gonna crush me huh? For all of $50 starting me out at $5 a game?

Aren't you just the master of descriptive prose? You hustled your way into a middle class existence at $3 a game? Better check your math pal or don't they teach 'rithmatic in your part of the bayou?

Sure. Did you lift that from Buddy's book, Jay's, Red's or any of the countless hustler stories out there. Of COURSE that's how you did it.......

I am not scared to walk into any place Wolfpup. Just not gonna play on your gaffed up tables. You're so good why are you scared of playing in a real pool room on a real table? You're saying you rather remain the thief you claim to have been?

Nasty mouth? Let's recap shall we, you called me a pissant, a criminal (which is what papering with bad checks means), called me the afterbirth, and a dipstick. you played the China card, (your old standby) and more.

All because I don't think you were the thieving two-bit hustler you claim to be? I mean you YOURSELF claimed that you made a living stealing from people, "clubbing baby seals" as you put it and you are mad at me because I don't believe it?

That's a really interesting position.

Ok, if it makes you feel better I will switch my position. I believe you were the best hustling thief in the South, maybe in the country. I don't think anyone was smarter than you at pretending to be a bad player and stealing other player's money. I think you were so smart that other hustlers didn't even know who you were and how good you were. You were a thief's thief. From this point on I won't question your account of your self as a great hustling thief.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I know about the hot checks and ducking out on the loans and the name changes. You have always said the burden of proof was on me to prove I did what I claim. Likewise bullshitter, the burden is on you to prove you didn't skip town with bad checks out and leave friends holding the bag on debts you didn't repay. I know you did, you know you did, how you gonna prove different when you know I'm telling the truth?

Since you are sweating a gaff table or claiming to, we know you are lying there too, I'll give you choice of tables and choice of the two sticks I offer off the wall. Can't get much fairer than that!

You call the stories lies, come try some under the same conditions. You are the one saying I can't play and never could. You are the one that challenged too. Just like the other baby seals that thought they were killer whales. It wasn't the three and five dollar players I called baby seals, it was the would be hustlers like big timer "john" who thinks he will high roll me.

You are coming to New Orleans anyway, you can make the hour and a half ride. Carry your goofy ass up here and we'll break out a phone book. Any place within twenty miles with a table. I certainly don't know them all. Had better things to do than play pool since I have been here.

Come on don't be shy. Easy pick'ns for big bad "john" that didn't have $9600 of his own money in the bet with Lou either. We both know you are still full of crap by a whole bunch.

"Here, li'l fella, come get this nice fish. C'mere baby."

Hu

Excuse me?

Ok Hu Lowery. Since you want to go down this road I will find you and serve you with a lawsuit. As I thought you have zero proof, not even a name of a city where these checks were supposedly written. No names of people whom I owe money to for loans you claim I skipped on.

Anyone want to corroborate the hustler's story? And why should anyone here believe you Hu? I mean you have told us all about how proud you were to be a thieving hustler, lying about your skill level to con marks out of their money. When you were a professional liar as you told us all that you were, and I believe you, why would you think people should believe you now?

We will see if you want to continue to spin your bullshit in front of a judge. Forget pool, you're too small time to be worth my time, I don't waste my time with broken down old men who don't have $10 to lose. Knowing you're a two-bit hustler it isn't even worth the time to stop and pee on your mailbox as there is nothing of value there. You can keep your toothpick because you might need it for the couple teeth you have left.

And as for my $9600 just who do you think would have gone in with me? Who do you suppose would have backed me? Just curious because you say it like you know something and the fact is you know nothing. I have always bet my own and it has been more than $5. When you're ready to bet 5k just let the board know it.

Surely you can be roused to get up and take a bath and pick the fleas out of your beard to make the short drive South to pick up an easy $5000. Or is perhaps that you can't really fade anything other than $5 action?

Last edited:

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who out there knows someone that is using Pool as a profession?

Relying on this sport/recreational hobby 75% or more for their main income?

I know everyone has a different standard of living but at what point does one become delusional that they can survive doing this? The heyday's of the 70' and 80's are over, now I can't even imagine that the top 5 pros can survive with all the traveling costs that are involved. How about health insurance (let's leave Obamacare out of this for now)?

I'm baffled at who would make such a decision to put aside a paying gig for being broke.

Comments/Thoughts?

The "heyday's of the 70' and 80's" are a myth. Don't believe those guys are living out their golden years in style if they still are alive. They are either still scrapping for money or have a "better half" that is supporting them.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
yawn

You are as fouled up as a soup sandwich. You won't come up here because you don't have the guts to step in the places I went in every night, still go in any time I choose. I never had to lie to hustle, no reason to. Always people whose own greed got them in trouble. I laid out a little bait for the "john bartons" of the world and they rushed to rob, just like you think you would be doing.

As usual when things get too hot for you, you threaten lawsuits. Really? Can't go with broke old bum and something to sue for too. Get your story straight. Doesn't really matter, you are just trying to scramble to run from the truth. No shred of proof that you didn't skip town to duck out on bad checks and honest debt because we both know you did. Your birth name is no secret.

As for broken down old man, that could be real educational for you too. Had to change doctors with this move and I stay busy outdoors up here. Between the two I'm in better health than I have been in for many years. This broken down old man is better than you in all respects, physically, mentally, ethically, morally, on a pool table, well you get the drift, I'm better than you! Not much of a claim though, so are 99% of the people on this forum. Kinda like saying I am better than the stray pup I took in, cleaned up, and found a good home for. He was better than you too and only weighed five pounds. There was something to salvage there. Too many years of being garbage for you, nothing left to salvage.

You idea of truth is anything you think can't be proven false. You are counting on time and distance to cover your ass. However I know exactly the coward and bully you are. That rankles you, always has, always will. You don't have the guts to do anything about it but run your mouth though. You challenged me, come get you some!

Hu

Excuse me?

Ok Hu Lowery. Since you want to go down this road I will find you and serve you with a lawsuit. As I thought you have zero proof, not even a name of a city where these checks were supposedly written. No names of people whom I owe money to for loans you claim I skipped on.

Anyone want to corroborate the hustler's story? And why should anyone here believe you Hu? I mean you have told us all about how proud you were to be a thieving hustler, lying about your skill level to con marks out of their money. When you were a professional liar as you told us all that you were, and I believe you, why would you think people should believe you now?

We will see if you want to continue to spin your bullshit in front of a judge. Forget pool, you're too small time to be worth my time, I don't waste my time with broken down old men who don't have $10 to lose. Knowing you're a two-bit hustler it isn't even worth the time to stop and pee on your mailbox as there is nothing of value there. You can keep your toothpick because you might need it for the couple teeth you have left.

And as for my $9600 just who do you think would have gone in with me? Who do you suppose would have backed me? Just curious because you say it like you know something and the fact is you know nothing. I have always bet my own and it has been more than $5. When you're ready to bet 5k just let the board know it.

Surely you can be roused to get up and take a bath and pick the fleas out of your beard to make the short drive South to pick up an easy $5000. Or is perhaps that you can't really fade anything other than $5 action?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You are as fouled up as a soup sandwich. You won't come up here because you don't have the guts to step in the places I went in every night, still go in any time I choose. I never had to lie to hustle, no reason to. Always people whose own greed got them in trouble. I laid out a little bait for the "john bartons" of the world and they rushed to rob, just like you think you would be doing.

As usual when things get too hot for you, you threaten lawsuits. Really? Can't go with broke old bum and something to sue for too. Get your story straight. Doesn't really matter, you are just trying to scramble to run from the truth. No shred of proof that you didn't skip town to duck out on bad checks and honest debt because we both know you did. Your birth name is no secret.

As for broken down old man, that could be real educational for you too. Had to change doctors with this move and I stay busy outdoors up here. Between the two I'm in better health than I have been in for many years. This broken down old man is better than you in all respects, physically, mentally, ethically, morally, on a pool table, well you get the drift, I'm better than you! Not much of a claim though, so are 99% of the people on this forum. Kinda like saying I am better than the stray pup I took in, cleaned up, and found a good home for. He was better than you too and only weighed five pounds. There was something to salvage there. Too many years of being garbage for you, nothing left to salvage.

You idea of truth is anything you think can't be proven false. You are counting on time and distance to cover your ass. However I know exactly the coward and bully you are. That rankles you, always has, always will. You don't have the guts to do anything about it but run your mouth though. You challenged me, come get you some!

Hu

Ok.....I don't want your $10 Wolfpup....you didn't back me into a corner, you simply chose to flat out lie about me when you ran out of other ways to insult me.

The lawsuit is simply to force you to appear in court and prove your lies in front of a judge. Now in prior incarnations of the "Hu Show" I gave you some leeway because for whatever reason someone I look up to actually considers you a friend.

I can only guess it's probably because like most folks you are not nearly as much of an obnoxious person in person as you are online. Anyway, I always feel like when someone I am at odds with is friends of a friend of mine then they have some redeemable qualities.

Now that you have resorted to outright lies, saying I passed bad checks and ran out on loans, I don't find anything redeemable about you now.

As for your attempt to justify your hustling as a Robin Hood move, try again pal, you either were a hustler who lied about his speed or you weren't. You don't get it both ways.

I prefer to think of you as the lying thief you claimed to be. A low down two-bit hustler waiting for weak players to rob out of their paychecks. I can see you doing that just as you described. Hustling around in dive bars for $3 taking working people's money after they got a little drunk and cocky. You probably felt real good about it too. Really put those guys in their place didn't you? Or not, because as you told us earlier you milked your customers which means you didn't beat them down by showing your speed.

No like a good hustling thief you only played good enough to win, only good enough to make them think they should have won because that's what keeping your customers means in hustler-speak. Because even in the 70s people were smart enough to pull up when a clearly better player was beating on them.

So you keep trying to tweak those stories Hu. I am like a good editor and will help you to get it straight so the next forum you prey on there won't be any discrepancies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I dogged it. And Dennis wasn't coaching me, hell no one can understand the man without the distraction of a major match going on. He was encouraging me to stay calm and figure it out, to get that money in Dennis-speak.

Best part is the one shot where your boy was CONVINCED that Dennis told me to shoot it was thoroughly denounced by everyone on One Pocket.org including the great Billy Incardona. Lou made a smart ass remark at the end of the night that he didn't know if my "coach" told me to shoot it or not but that it was a "grade A top level one pocket shot". Only NO OTHER Grade A top level one pocket players thought so. And in fact it was such a great shot that Lou EASILY countered it without hesitation and put me into a tougher position where I promptly scratched.

Dennis was coaching you. I heard it and several independent witnesses saw it.

The shot in question was a sophisticated shot but it was not what convinced me you were getting coached, it only alerted me to it. It was actually the wrong shot in that situation but it was a high level shot nonetheless. What convinced me was when a few shots later, once I started listening for it, was hearing Dennis telling you what to shoot. Fortunately for me, though you were being coached, you couldn't execute.

Lastly, in the months leading up to the match you repeatedly made it about aiming systems and how I would hang my head when your aiming system defeated the "feel" player.

Carry on.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Dennis was coaching you. I heard it and several independent witnesses saw it.

The shot in question was a sophisticated shot but it was not what convinced me you were getting coached, it only alerted me to it. It was actually the wrong shot in that situation but it was a high level shot nonetheless. What convinced me was when a few shots later, once I started listening for it, was hearing Dennis telling you what to shoot. Fortunately for me, though you were being coached, you couldn't execute.

Lastly, in the months leading up to the match you repeatedly made it about aiming systems and how I would hang my head when your aiming system defeated the "feel" player.

Carry on.

Lou Figueroa

You're full of it Lou. I was sitting there and could barely understand anything he said when he did speak. You claimed he hid behind a column and covered his mouth so how could you possibly hear anything. You're simply flat out making it up.

And again the guys who claimed they saw it were sitting across the arena. What did they see? Dennis talking to me? I already said he was talking to me but he wasn't coaching me.

As for the shot it wasn't sophisticated. It was the WRONG shot. I was pretty proud of it when I played it and pretty disappointed when you got out of it so easily and put me into a worse position. That you THOUGHT it was a great shot was a good feeling for me but that you THOUGHT I was coached into it was silly. I shot that shot because I had someone play a similar shot against me in reverse a month prior AND because I was thinking of Efren's alleged infamous roll out to the spot shot. I thought if I could trap the cue ball then it would be good.

In any event - I thought it was a good shot UNTIL everyone at onepocket.org dismantled it and showed how poor a choice it was. You famously had nothing to contribute in that thread after you saw that all the better players disagreed with you.

I played my game Lou, no one else's. I dogged shots I should have made, mishit others, and essentially sold out to you plenty. You had no business winning that set but I let my heart get in the way and let emotion overcome me. When I calmed down I was able to play a little better and caught up to you but unfortunately for me I was still a wreck.

If Dennis had been coaching me you would have lost every game after he got there. But I played reckless and took shots that no good one pocket player would take. Dennis would NEVER have allowed me to shoot the flyers I shot against you. If you had the slightest clue how he plays you would understand that.

What Dennis DID do, as I have explained a dozen times is ENCOURAGE me to calm down and work it out and in Dennis-speak, "git that --------- money".

So try that nonsense on someone else. The only two things you are fortunate about is that I played after seeing it was that lying pig Lalumiere backing you and that I let it get to me enough to play the worst I have ever played. And even with my worst game you got to 3 ahead in 9 hours.

I know that fat lying pig is reading every word so Liesomemore you will get your chance to back this guy again against me. We will see how you do when I show up in St. Louis to take him down on his pet table.

As for aiming systems, yeah you would have hung your head in shame had I beaten you. I failed my aiming system pals but only because I was the worst choice to carry the torch into battle.

You are too scared to pick on anyone who is really disciplined like Joey or Stan or Landon. You want to play any of them then I will bet every penny I can and borrow whatever I can to bet against you.

But you are too much of a coward to do that. Because despite all of your insults you know that Stan will put it on you like stomping a bug. But in case you and Liesomemore grow some nuts my money is all-in if you want to try him some. you made it through the aiming cheerleader now try the actual team.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are too scared to pick on anyone who is really disciplined like Joey or Stan or Landon. You want to play any of them then I will bet every penny I can and borrow whatever I can to bet against you.

But you are too much of a coward to do that. Because despite all of your insults you know that Stan will put it on you like stomping a bug.

Points like this always make me laugh.

You would think that losing $10,000 would convince you that NOT playing for large sums of money against better players doesn't make you a coward, it makes you smart.

As usual, there is waaaaay too much crazy in this thread.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Points like this always make me laugh.

You would think that losing $10,000 would convince you that NOT playing for large sums of money against better players doesn't make you a coward, it makes you smart.

As usual, there is waaaaay too much crazy in this thread.
Only if Lou really thought those players are better. He doesn't he has is just afraid. And I didn't lose to a better player. I dogged it against a B player. All it was convince me of what else I need to work on.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I didn't lose to a better player. I dogged it against a B player. All it was convince me of what else I need to work on.

Honestly (and I'm sure you don't care about my opinion on this), I think you did.

From what I saw of the match and of the few videos I've stumbled across of you in the past, I think you did lose to the better player in Lou. There's no shame in that.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
the stories stay the same

John,

I have been on this forum a lot of years and the stories have stayed the same. I put myself out there available to be played. I played a lot of good people cheap never raising the bet on casual players. I also played quite a few that were chumps like you that raised the bet while stalling and then found when they went off the stall they still didn't have what it took. Since I was always available to play I played some damned good players too. Most of the time I gambled I toted a pretty large roll for the time and it was there for the taking. It attracted a few good players among the fish. At the time we had the best in the world passing through my stomping grounds regularly.

You can't get a thing of mine because you lack the balls to play. You call my stories lies but you know better than to call the bet even now. You thought you would play games for months on and off the table. When you found out that wouldn't happen you want no part of proving who is the better man on or off the table. Of course you would have to be a man to be a better man.

Now about stories: When it suits your argument you make no more than anyone else off your cases. When it suits your argument that $10,000 is chump change you make a fortune off of each case having them made in china and peddled over here. Now there is an example of inconsistency. That is the problem with lies, you can't keep them straight!

The truth remains the same. A man remains a man. A "john barton" remains a "john barton" whatever that is.

You were all hot and bothered to play me and prove my stories lies. Come on up pup! Damn, that I apologize for. I should never insult a puppy like that!

Oh yeah, the difference between friends and acquaintances: We know a lot of the same people at least slightly. Not one has ever told me you were a decent guy underneath the yappy nippy internet persona.

Hu

Ok.....I don't want your $10 Wolfpup....you didn't back me into a corner, you simply chose to flat out lie about me when you ran out of other ways to insult me.

The lawsuit is simply to force you to appear in court and prove your lies in front of a judge. Now in prior incarnations of the "Hu Show" I gave you some leeway because for whatever reason someone I look up to actually considers you a friend.

I can only guess it's probably because like most folks you are not nearly as much of an obnoxious person in person as you are online. Anyway, I always feel like when someone I am at odds with is friends of a friend of mine then they have some redeemable qualities.

Now that you have resorted to outright lies, saying I passed bad checks and ran out on loans, I don't find anything redeemable about you now.

As for your attempt to justify your hustling as a Robin Hood move, try again pal, you either were a hustler who lied about his speed or you weren't. You don't get it both ways.

I prefer to think of you as the lying thief you claimed to be. A low down two-bit hustler waiting for weak players to rob out of their paychecks. I can see you doing that just as you described. Hustling around in dive bars for $3 taking working people's money after they got a little drunk and cocky. You probably felt real good about it too. Really put those guys in their place didn't you? Or not, because as you told us earlier you milked your customers which means you didn't beat them down by showing your speed.

No like a good hustling thief you only played good enough to win, only good enough to make them think they should have won because that's what keeping your customers means in hustler-speak. Because even in the 70s people were smart enough to pull up when a clearly better player was beating on them.

So you keep trying to tweak those stories Hu. I am like a good editor and will help you to get it straight so the next forum you prey on there won't be any discrepancies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John,

I have been on this forum a lot of years and the stories have stayed the same. I put myself out there available to be played. I played a lot of good people cheap never raising the bet on casual players. I also played quite a few that were chumps like you that raised the bet while stalling and then found when they went off the stall they still didn't have what it took. Since I was always available to play I played some damned good players too. Most of the time I gambled I toted a pretty large roll for the time and it was there for the taking. It attracted a few good players among the fish. At the time we had the best in the world passing through my stomping grounds regularly.

You can't get a thing of mine because you lack the balls to play. You call my stories lies but you know better than to call the bet even now. You thought you would play games for months on and off the table. When you found out that wouldn't happen you want no part of proving who is the better man on or off the table. Of course you would have to be a man to be a better man.

Now about stories: When it suits your argument you make no more than anyone else off your cases. When it suits your argument that $10,000 is chump change you make a fortune off of each case having them made in china and peddled over here. Now there is an example of inconsistency. That is the problem with lies, you can't keep them straight!

The truth remains the same. A man remains a man. A "john barton" remains a "john barton" whatever that is.

You were all hot and bothered to play me and prove my stories lies. Come on up pup! Damn, that I apologize for. I should never insult a puppy like that!

Oh yeah, the difference between friends and acquaintances: We know a lot of the same people at least slightly. Not one has ever told me you were a decent guy underneath the yappy nippy internet persona.

Hu
Never said your stories changed.....they are the same all the time........sufficiently vague hustling stories. And I believe you.

There is no doubt in my mind you were then and still are now the exact same thieving hustler who preys on weak players. That's who you claim to be and I am perfectly good to go with that.

As for the China card, this is why I don't have to worry about any of my "customers" finding my writings on the net.

"Hi John,

I would like to thanks you and your team for your incredible work. I purchase a 4X8 Ultimate rugged case (brown with tan pockets) at Seybert’s and the moment I received and open the package I realize why you owned your reputation. IMO this case is "THE BEST CASE" in the industry for the money and quality crafstmanship. Everything you said about protection is there. I performed the upside down test shake and nothing inside moves as advertised on You Tube. The construction is TOP NOTCH and it worth every penny I spent for it. Very glad I bought this case. One sad thing though, it’s*gonna*be the last one I’m *going to buy because, this one will last me for the rest of my life. Just love it

Thanks again John and keep on with your incredible work!!!

From a very happy customer.

Justin Mercier
Quebec City, Canada"

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Honestly (and I'm sure you don't care about my opinion on this), I think you did.

From what I saw of the match and of the few videos I've stumbled across of you in the past, I think you did lose to the better player in Lou. There's no shame in that.

I hear you. As my friend who was a world class player used to say, you cannot say you are better when you don't beat a person every time out. So in that vein, yes I lost to a better player in this match.

But I certainly didn't get "beaten like a step child" as Lou put it. I just sat down and watched a couple hours of the match and there will be a time when it's analyzed and examples given, on both sides.

Then we can discuss it in more detail. Right now Lou is USING Hu to make his arguments in a thread that has nothing to do with the match.

Quite simply, this thread is about the viability of pool as a profession and that's where it should have stayed, not used a platform to fondly relive one's days a hustling thief.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Even while arguing you never pass up an opportunity for shameless self promotion

Never. Because since you obviously didn't read the content the point was entirely lost on you why I posted that PARTICULAR testimonial at this exact time in the conversation.

Wolfie is attacking my business by playing the China card.....you never have a problem with that or at least I have never noticed you calling anyone out about attacking my business while arguing with me.

The implication was that I am somehow hustling the public by making cases cheaply (he assumes) and selling them expensively in the USA.

The testimonial above shows that this customer, who just received his case a few days ago, is not only highly pleased but he fully expects for the case to last the rest of his life. Great value for a $180 case and completely the opposite of what Hu represents which is to pretend to be something you are not for the purpose of leaving the victim with something worthless while you take money from them.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
same ol' same ol'

john, you scream "the china card" like some scream "race" all the time. china had nothing to do with it except your lies were about china. One time you say that cost of shipping eats up all profits and you make no more than US case makers per unit because that supports your argument of the moment. Another time you claim to make a fortune each case because that is what you need to support your argument at the moment. Simply put, you are the one playing the "china card" all of the time! Nobody but you believes you are the poor persecuted innocent. You stalked me to this thread when I wondered off from the one you were ya-yaing on earlier.

You scream lawsuit, you scream china card, mostly you just scream. There is a word that describes female dogs that describes people like you also but that would be twice in a day that I insulted dogs, PETA would be demanding an apology from me.

All of my hustling was passive. I dangled the bait out there. Just like fishing in the gulf, sometimes I got a tiny fish on the line and tossed him back, often I got sucker fish like you that I was fishing for, and once in a great long time I got a big shark on the line. It was all good.

Wasting time typing now. The lawsuit thing is covered, you're just repeating the same lies, and you aren't coming within a hundred miles of me. Boasting on the net is one thing, trying to high roll me is one thing, trying to play me I suspect our mutual acquantances have told you is a very bad idea.

Turn out the lights, the party is over!

Hu

Never said your stories changed.....they are the same all the time........sufficiently vague hustling stories. And I believe you.

There is no doubt in my mind you were then and still are now the exact same thieving hustler who preys on weak players. That's who you claim to be and I am perfectly good to go with that.

As for the China card, this is why I don't have to worry about any of my "customers" finding my writings on the net.

"Hi John,

I would like to thanks you and your team for your incredible work. I purchase a 4X8 Ultimate rugged case (brown with tan pockets) at Seybert’s and the moment I received and open the package I realize why you owned your reputation. IMO this case is "THE BEST CASE" in the industry for the money and quality crafstmanship. Everything you said about protection is there. I performed the upside down test shake and nothing inside moves as advertised on You Tube. The construction is TOP NOTCH and it worth every penny I spent for it. Very glad I bought this case. One sad thing though, it’s*gonna*be the last one I’m *going to buy because, this one will last me for the rest of my life. Just love it

Thanks again John and keep on with your incredible work!!!

From a very happy customer.

Justin Mercier
Quebec City, Canada"