Oscar Dominguez in UK tabloids, not good.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
But if someone makes jokes that other people think are as inappropriate as you think swearing around children is, that’s just being too sensitive? Nice double standard.

At least you don’t think rape is ok in certain circumstances like some of the more unsavoury members do.
Nothing that I have ever read in you posts leads me to believe that you are a moron...
...so I think you're trying to sell something here...maybe because of a personal experience.

Let me tell you about metaphors that I think you already know but are ignoring....
..when somebody says a player has a touch like an elephant...
..it is not a signal to start talking about elephants.
...and if someone says a player has a touch of a rapist...
it is not a signal to start talking about rapists

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s so funny when people say we need another movie to make pool popular again. It can’t hurt but to think that will save pool is stupid. That’s like saying The Legend of Bagger Vance is what made the PGA Tour. We just need more money in the game period & a real tour. If that happens you will see more young people getting into the game.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Nothing that I have ever read in you posts leads me to believe that you are a moron...
...so I think you're trying to sell something here...maybe because of a personal experience.

Let me tell you about metaphors that I think you already know but are ignoring....

pt you win the internet for today, nicely played.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
"Good sir, your cue ball control in the game of pocket billiards, is less developed than the social graces of a person who forcibly extract sexual favours from another."

There, that is what he should have said. Now he's no longer unrefined. Well maybe not, how about this:

"Lucretias
ravishment resembles your
cueball control, despair"

Mommy, mommy he said ravishment on tv. That's almost like saying rape. Lets all blow this completely out of proportion. Lets make posters and organize a march. Meanwhile, let me put on some Chris Brown. His music is so soulful, don't you think?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
"Good sir, your cue ball control in the game of pocket billiards, is less developed than the social graces of a person who forcibly extract sexual favours from another."

There, that is what he should have said. Now he's no longer unrefined. Well maybe not, how about this:

"Lucretias
ravishment resembles your
cueball control, despair"

Mommy, mommy he said ravishment on tv. That's almost like saying rape. Lets all blow this completely out of proportion. Lets make posters and organize a march. Meanwhile, let me put on some Chris Brown. His music is so soulful, don't you think?

Gimme me a break on the Chris Brown sound...I actually googled him...:rolleyes:

But my favorite line, in the vein you suggest, is....
“If your parents ever decide to get married, I would be honoured to be a guest at the wedding.”

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Then I definitely don't want to have anything more to do with you. Disgusting.

That's not at all what he was saying and you know it.

Men have been accused of rape for receiving fellatio while in an unconscious state. (It happened at Amherst College, and the man was expelled.)

"Rape" has been used to describe what had been consensual relations that were later regretted, and that's the kind of thing JC was getting at.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is so funny people crying about this after all the filthy rap songs I hear playing in bars 100x every week that women sing along to.

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

*sigh* I know you're trying really hard to somehow justify something that has already been acknowledged as inappropriate by the broadcasters, as well as the person who made the "joke" in the first place, but this straw man line of argument is totally pointless.

To be clear, I haven't seen anyone claim what was said was endorsing or legitimising abhorrent behaviour, so trying to claim that is my position is redundant. I mean, it helps the great unwashed that like to pretend people are "blowing this out of proportion" or "organising marches" when that's not what's actually happening. It's fake news.

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not at all what he was saying and you know it.

Men have been accused of rape for receiving fellatio while in an unconscious state. (It happened at Amherst College, and the man was expelled.)

"Rape" has been used to describe what had been consensual relations that were later regretted, and that's the kind of thing JC was getting at.

Thankfully, what he meant isn't up for debate. It was expressed quite clearly using unambiguous terms. Isn't language wonderful?

Your "whataboutism" of a single case without any supporting evidence is exactly the weak argument the desperate and ill-informed typically resort to. You can't force someone to perform sex acts whilst unconscious. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thankfully, what he meant isn't up for debate. It was expressed quite clearly using unambiguous terms. Isn't language wonderful?

Your "whataboutism" of a single case without any supporting evidence is exactly the weak argument the desperate and ill-informed typically resort to. You can't force someone to perform sex acts whilst unconscious. That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

I hope you get AIDS.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member

Yet, it was the unconscious man whom Amhrest found responsible for the "rape".

Let's revisit JC's comments,

JC said:
There are circumstances where the modern feminist mind sees rape that I do not. If that's what your asking then yes, there are times some peoples definition of rape is acceptable behavior in my mind.

You can find that Amherst story and dozens upon dozens more with a simple internet search. (Try this one! http://bfy.tw/Fbdh)

You are the ill-informed if you think it's an isolated case. You'd rather remain so and keep your virtue-signalling intact, though. It was exactly this sort of thing to which JC was referring.

JC

Coos Cues
Yet, it was the unconscious man whom Amhrest found responsible for the "rape".

Let's revisit JC's comments,

You can find that Amherst story and dozens upon dozens more with a simple internet search. (Try this one! http://bfy.tw/Fbdh)

You are the ill-informed if you think it's an isolated case. You'd rather remain so and keep your virtue-signalling intact, though. It was exactly this sort of thing to which JC was referring.

Blue Jam is a self contained explanation of the weak liberal mind. It convicts itself for all to see and is yet not capable of comprehending how idiotic it appears in the light of day.

Thinks it is so clever but is so stupid and dishonest.

Amazing this brain can even synchronize the beating of the heart and the rhythm of the lungs.

JC

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
We just need more money in the game period & a real tour. If that happens you will see more young people getting into the game.

Yeah, needing more rich people to throw into tournaments or tours is not a model for a successful business Justin.

What pool needs is an actual effective marketing plan and business model that can make the sport generate income for "all" of the people invested in it.

Pool is NEVER going to work if players keep thinking that the sports success rides on more rich sponsors and backers.

Pool needs to figure out how to actually generate income like any other successful sport. Most sports actualy "make" money through advertising, TV deals, apparel, league frachises increasing in value, concession sales, ect...

Pool in a net loser of money for almost everyone, includ g backers and sponsors. The money in pool is a charitable donation to hard up pool players, not an investment, and that is a big problem or this sport.

Pool needs to figure out how to actually make investment into the sport generate positive net income for the investors. If someone puts $1,000,000 into pool they see positive net returns in the end, their investment actually increases in value.

In successful sports the rich who put money into the sports actually see the value of their investment increase over time, sports are actually profit generating ad that spurs further investment.

Pool is not profitable, pool is a money pit and all of the money that has been thrown into it over the years is gone. Until that changes and the sport can figure out how to self sustain it is going to continue to fade away. Someone needs to figure out how to actually make professional pool generate income for the owner of the tours and tournments.

Is it even possible? I am not sure, certainly everyone that has tried to make money when investing in pro pool has lost their entire investment and left the sport poorer than they came in. That is pretty much universal.

What can pool actually offer to these investors with money Justin? Can you and the rest of the professional pool players figure out a way that some rich investor can invest millions into pool and lead to that investor having assets worth the millions of dollars they invested and see that asset actually generate positive cash flow for that investor?

Can you figure out how the non-player money guy with $10,000,000 can invest that money into pool and in 10 years have $15,000,000 in assets and income from that investment? Because that is what you need.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s so funny when people say we need another movie to make pool popular again. It can’t hurt but to think that will save pool is stupid. That’s like saying The Legend of Bagger Vance is what made the PGA Tour. We just need more money in the game period & a real tour. If that happens you will see more young people getting into the game.

With all due respect. The golfing world already has the corporate money, its called the country club. To compare pool to golf is faulty in my opinion.

Most pool halls are an excuse to sell liquor. The upscale large pool halls that came on line in the post, " Color of Money " world in Los Angeles are long gone.

They are not coming back anytime soon. We all need mo money but it don't mean we are going to get any soon.

Capital follows opportunity. To make professional pool bigger you have to figure out what the game can sell.

I have always thought that beer is a good fit and beer in the past was a sponsor. You can't sell anything content wise to humans without stars.

If Tiger woods walks into a plumbing convention all the folks know who he is. Tiger can sell products, because he is a star.

HI I am Justin Bergman and I just won a world championship and now its Miller Time.

Most folk that are making big money are selling something.

JC

Coos Cues
Yeah, needing more rich people to throw into tournaments or tours is not a model for a successful business Justin.

What pool needs is an actual effective marketing plan and business model that can make the sport generate income for "all" of the people invested in it.

Pool is NEVER going to work if players keep thinking that the sports success rides on more rich sponsors and backers.

Pool needs to figure out how to actually generate income like any other successful sport. Most sports actualy "make" money through advertising, TV deals, apparel, league frachises increasing in value, concession sales, ect...

Pool in a net loser of money for almost everyone, includ g backers and sponsors. The money in pool is a charitable donation to hard up pool players, not an investment, and that is a big problem or this sport.

Pool needs to figure out how to actually make investment into the sport generate positive net income for the investors. If someone puts $1,000,000 into pool they see positive net returns in the end, their investment actually increases in value.

In successful sports the rich who put money into the sports actually see the value of their investment increase over time, sports are actually profit generating ad that spurs further investment.

Pool is not profitable, pool is a money pit and all of the money that has been thrown into it over the years is gone. Until that changes and the sport can figure out how to self sustain it is going to continue to fade away. Someone needs to figure out how to actually make professional pool generate income for the owner of the tours and tournments.

Is it even possible? I am not sure, certainly everyone that has tried to make money when investing in pro pool has lost their entire investment and left the sport poorer than they came in. That is pretty much universal.

What can pool actually offer to these investors with money Justin? Can you and the rest of the professional pool players figure out a way that some rich investor can invest millions into pool and lead to that investor having assets worth the millions of dollars they invested and see that asset actually generate positive cash flow for that investor?

Can you figure out how the non-player money guy with $10,000,000 can invest that money into pool and in 10 years have $15,000,000 in assets and income from that investment? Because that is what you need.

What's ironic about the truths you speak is the extracurricular fringe behavior of the Mosconi cup that so many purists found so offensive is exactly the great white hope for pool. Most will never understand nor appreciate pool for it's beauty and skills required to play at a high level. They do understand and appreciate rivalries and confrontations. Sorry if that's not the pool envisioned by the purists but that's the pool that has potential for a broader public appeal and a better payday.

JC

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've actually heard that term before. Most likely it was in a pool room.

A rapist's touch is revulsive, hence Hatch's touch on that shot was revulsive. It's a simple joke to make light of Hatch's missed shot to lighten Hatch's burden.

While I don't use the next joking term either but I hear it regularly from some of the other young players, right here in New Orleans; "You oughta go kill yourself."

These type of remarks are almost always said in jest and are satirical in nature and rarely are they ever said to get under someone's skin. I'm sure Hatch took it as a good-natured ribbing from his teammate.

If the twits want to condemn someone, they should start with their own crowd as I have never read such despicable remarks against the American Mosconi Cup Team as I saw in some of the European social media. Some of their criticism was quite embarrassing even to my well assaulted eyes, but I'll get over it.

Trying to remember, but I think "Earl" made some unique remarks in the past and he didn't get crucified over it. In fact, in an interview Barry Hearn hammed it up (Earl's meltdown) as part of the excitement that Earl brings to the Mosconi Cup. That was the impression I got from one of the videos I saw in the past.

JoeyA

JC

Coos Cues
Thanks for you concern, but I'm perfectly fine.

If you feel the need to offer help to someone, I suggest you contact any of the women JC knows, as they are at significantly more risk than I.

Sorry you were raped as a young whatever you are or identify as but it's over now.

Being an anonymous internet troll won't fix it. Let it go.

JC