Partners question

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
There is always confusion about this among the guys I shoot with...

If my partner wins the game, I break the next rack, correct? So does the player who got skipped, the guy who shoots after my partner, get to shoot next? Or does the guy who always shoots after me shoot?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
another one of them things that needs to be decided upon prior to start.

i think each team should be able to decide order for itself each game, but that doesn't really matter

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member

If my partner wins the game, I break the next rack, correct? So does the player who got skipped, the guy who shoots after my partner, get to shoot next? Or does the guy who always shoots after me shoot?

Standard rules usually mean the shooter stays at the table. If you make a ball, you keep shooting. The guy who makes the last ball breaks the next game and there is no issue with the order. Scotch doubles is played alternating shots. You cannot take two shots in a row (except in a pushout situation). So the shooter of the last ball will not break the next rack.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
another one of them things that needs to be decided upon prior to start.

Man, it's a wonder anybody matches up anymore with all these rules you have to discuss. Lol...45min of discussing rules before game starts.

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
partners

i would have to say the fairest way and best way would be to always alternate turns at the table regardless of who follows who, juat as you would alternate every shot in scotch doubles regardless of who follows who. Just my humble opinion
Monty

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surly...Like others have said, it doesn't matter, but should be decided before you start. Sometimes the order changes after a number of games, so that there isn't a particular advantage. You COULD make a case that since your partner won the game, but didn't miss, technically he's still at the table...so he would break, and you would continue the same order. :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
Interesting. I thought there might be established rules for this... Now I can settle this once and for all.