PBS Las Vegas Open 2024 (Men&Women),10 ball, (Feb 21-24) Men’s Winner $30K/ Women’s Winner $18K

891014+1

What happened on the first frame of Corteza-Ko game? I have no sound. Corteza potts the 8 but referee saw something wrong?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just tuning in. Predator finally improved the scoreboard. Now I know what's going on with the shootout. Way better than last year.

1708822583126.png

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is Siming the other finalist?
Yes! Chezka was down and just about out in the third set. It was 2-0 Seo and she was running out for 3-0 when she miscued on an easy nine ball. Seen it happen before when a player gets near the goal line. They quit thinking about the shot and let their mind wander. They forget to get set properly for the next easy shot. You still have to hit the cue ball in the right place, even on the easiest shot! From there Chezka found a way to tie it up 3-3 and force a shootout. She hit every spot shot in the heart of the pocket and Seo flinched. I do like that they are playing a third set now and not starting a shootout at 2-2. Much more play this way.

Nice to see the proper color balls and credit for the good TV coverage (streaming technology/quality has caught up with regular televised sports). The Pinoys are still the best! Carlo vs. Lee Van in the final. Love watching Lee Van caress that cue ball from shot to shot. He's a maestro pool player.

Good television production, good commentary, and some excellent pool to watch. What's not to like!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming vs Chezka coming up. I'm super looking forward to this! Siming was robbed of 4 years!:( Chezka is always super fun to watch.

I'm staying home to watch instead of going to play pool:)

Last edited:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
An interesting sidenote: All 4 of the Women's semifinalists are using wood shafts, and 3 of the 4 men are too. And FSR (cf Cynergy) is out now. Maybe the less stiff (less powerful) wood shafts give an advantage on these very fast tables?
Definitely don't need a powerful cf shaft to move the ball on these crappy Predator tables/cloth lol.
Not dissing carbon fiber, just an observation...