Peace proposal

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, he didn't ask for a professional or even an instructor, but an average player.

Hey Mirza, remember to put your palm flat on the table and keep your head still, buddy.:smile: Nice to see the face of people you have conversed with online.

Tnx buddy, palm and head problem resolved to this day, this was 4,5 years ago, just elbow drop nowadays :D

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like about 3, based on Spider's "cahoots" post. Spider's on 2, so he's probably looking at one month. He's actually been banned more than that, but 2 as far as I know since the forum rules were posted.

At least we'll have one month of greater civility.

How many would it take for? To get banned for more then 6 hours that is.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
No I have not because there are not many instructors in my country (Bosnia, Europe), all there is are to far away for me, but I am aware of those problems, some I have solved to this day (getting up on shots), some not entirely (elbow drop), but it doesn't bother me, obviously ;) a lot of players in Europe drop the elbow (even the snooker players), but it does happen after the contact of the cue tip with the CB, while CB is already gone, so...and snooker players surely don't need advice from you on fundamentals :)

Mirza

I don't have the time to play as often as I'd like, and this causes me to rush certain shots, like a kid in a candy store, quickly grabbing all I can because it might be a week or more before I make it back. I really have to focus on STAYING DOWN for each shot.

As far as other basic fundamentals, if a player can consistently repeat the exact same "fundamental" flaws every single time, they've developed their own unique fundamentals. And if it's consistent then there's nothing to fix. Having been self-taught on guitar, piano, and drums, I know there are some basic fundamentals here and there by which I don't abide. Well, that's only true with piano fingering technique and lead guitar fingering technique. Everything else is fundamentally sound. My point is, fundamentals are merely based on someone else's idea of proper and effective techniques. Don't get me wrong, most fundamentals have proven to be the best practices for developing consistency, so it's good to strive for a fundamentally sound game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have the time to play as often as I'd like, and this causes me to rush certain shots, like a kid in a candy store, quickly grabbing all I can because it might be a week or more before I make it back. I really have to focus on STAYING DOWN for each shot.

As far as other basic fundamentals, if a player can consistently repeat the exact same "fundamental" flaws every single time, they've developed their own unique fundamentals. And if it's consistent then there's nothing to fix. Having been self-taught on guitar, piano, and drums, I know there are some basic fundamentals here and there by which I don't abide. Well, that's only true with piano fingering technique and lead guitar fingering technique. Everything else is fundamentally sound. My point is, fundamentals are merely based on someone else's idea of proper and effective techniques. Don't get me wrong, most fundamentals have proven to be the best practices for developing consistency, so it's good to strive for a fundamentally sound game.

If it's one thing I've learned over the years it's that everyone develops their own personal reality when it comes to shooting pool. What works for one guy, and why it works for that guy, is often uniquely theirs.

Lou Figueroa

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
No I have not because there are not many instructors in my country (Bosnia, Europe), all there is are to far away for me, but I am aware of those problems, some I have solved to this day (getting up on shots), some not entirely (elbow drop), but it doesn't bother me, obviously ;) a lot of players in Europe drop the elbow (even the snooker players), but it does happen after the contact of the cue tip with the CB, while CB is already gone, so...and snooker players surely don't need advice from you on fundamentals :)

Mirza

Good for you. I did not mean to down play your game. I was just thinking how someone should have a pretty good parameter on their game before delving into a very exclusive "aiming system" that most people think is phony. My fault.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Good for you. I did not mean to down play your game. I was just thinking how someone should have a pretty good parameter on their game before delving into a very exclusive "aiming system" that most people think is phony. My fault.

This is partially where the angst and conflict comes from..... you have no idea whether "most" people think its phony or not. There are a few vocal posters against here, and have been many others over the years. Just as there have been many proponents.

And that doesn't even begin to touch upon those who refuse to lower themselves into this abyss by commenting either way.

The hyperbole adds fuel to the fire. Phony is very strong. It may or may not work for you and others, but that doesn't give you license to label it "phony". Especially with some higher profile players who use it.

(I don't care either way, I haven't tried it. Primarily because I know that I can not and will not devote the time it would take to truly try and learn the system. I don't have the time nor patience. That's not a knock on it, its a reflection on my own lack of time and relative desire to devote to learning anything right now, the way it needs to be done.)

In short, don't speak for everyone.