people interested to play 3 cushion or carom but think theres not a table near you

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Come on over to Big Dogs here in town...the table's heated and the drinks are cold.

Besides, the place could use a little class.

Jeff Livingston

What, you drink when you play 3-cushion also?

Speaking of drinks, when Alex was at the last tournament, he had the owner of Big Dogs
looking for you....I wanted to buy you and your wife a drink.
They couldn’t connect.

Story of my life...day late and a dollar short.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
What, you drink when you play 3-cushion also?

Speaking of drinks, when Alex was at the last tournament, he had the owner of Big Dogs
looking for you....I wanted to buy you and your wife a drink.
They couldn’t connect.

Story of my life...day late and a dollar short.

Seriously? Alex who? You were there?

We were there together one night, I forget which night. She bought a damn cue even though she hasn't played a shot for 15 years or so!

Did you buy a rain-date drink coupon for us? You selfish bastage! A Fargon icehole, you are.

Last night, though, we had dinner at a bar and I put a buck in the table and my wife and I played a game of 8 ball. It was fun. Yes, I said playing pool with my wife was fun.

I must be gettin' old. Anybody else gettin' old?

Jeff Livingston

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing in my home town of Manhattan, NY, despite a population of about 1.7 million.
I'm not positive about Manhattan but there's definitely billiard tables in the outer boroughs which is just a subway ride away. Steinway, probably the most famous pool room has one. Carom, in Flushing has about 10 billiard tables. I know there's others I just cannot remember which. If you want to venture out to Long Island, Bayshore Billiards has four beautiful tables.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously? Alex who? You were there?

We were there together one night, I forget which night. She bought a damn cue even though she hasn't played a shot for 15 years or so!

Did you buy a rain-date drink coupon for us? You selfish bastage! A Fargon icehole, you are.

Last night, though, we had dinner at a bar and I put a buck in the table and my wife and I played a game of 8 ball. It was fun. Yes, I said playing pool with my wife was fun.

I must be gettin' old. Anybody else gettin' old?

By the day Sir, by the day

To continue the earlier thought, I bought a st of the pocket-blockers so I could , at least, attempt to learn this stuff.
I have found that dillegently applyingmyself, with focused determination, I can suck at more than one discipline of cue-sports simultaneously.

Not to toot my own horn, but that has to be some kind of record. 😆

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
heres a vid with hoppe doing a few gather shots and a rail nurse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJnrQBLTi_k

i get why people like 3c, its flashy, gets alot of ohhhs and ahhhs
its the hardest game on the planet

but straight rail is beautiful and hard to
, ya you see guys running forever the rail nurse, but that doesnt mean you can do it even if you put them together and try

you gotta put the balls together first, which is a mega challenge itself if you ever care to try

big open table, and you need to put them close, take tons of feel, and tons of shot knowledge to do this

even pros miss regularly when the balls are scattered over the table

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a beautiful thing to watch - every cueist should be smiling watching every moment of that video. Thanks for posting it up, sir!

Nccm

Registered
I'm not positive about Manhattan but there's definitely billiard tables in the outer boroughs which is just a subway ride away. Steinway, probably the most famous pool room has one. Carom, in Flushing has about 10 billiard tables. I know there's others I just cannot remember which. If you want to venture out to Long Island, Bayshore Billiards has four beautiful tables.

I am not sure about Manhattan either but there are billiards tables all over Queens, at least 10 rooms with tables. There use to a good spot in the Bronx across for Van Cortland park.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
actually i have tried to play 3c on a 9 foot pocket billiard table...:eek:
the pockets make it more challenging....:D
but its fun to do as a change and great practice for getting the cue ball around the table
:)

You can play this on a pool table... http://sites.google.com/site/poolandbilliard/Home/contact

To score you must contact both the lowest ball and also either one of the 2 striped balls.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
new place to play in greensboro north carolina - Today, 10:18 AM
coffe dĩ vãng

right next to the nail salon

3817 W Gate City Blvd k, Greensboro, NC 27407

4 new hollywood tables from vietnam
9ft un heated

Attachments

• fas.jpg
    fas.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 112

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Another place in Raleigh nc

2 tables

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-31-09-09-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-31-09-09-35.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 97

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, nc is 3c-happenin.

The asians are gonna run th Hispanics out of town. ¡¿Como puede ser?!
:duck:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
my friend is opening a room in a few months in mobile alabama, with 1 3c table 4 9ft carom tables and 1 pool table, ill post up all the info when i get it

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No public tables anywhere in KY, and the closest I can find at all is still nearly two hours away... :frown: