Perfect Aim Video and Lesson Phoenix

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spidey,

I do appreciate your viewpoints on this subject. They give me more to think about.

As for people trying to act like moderators in these forums; I agree with you. But I'm not so sure that's what's happening here. The way I got sucked into this particular thread was because some comments I made to Gene over in the ASK THE INSTRUCTOR forum were transferred over here by another poster, and my comments over there were made because I felt like Gene was trying to act as the "moderator" over there. You see, someone over there asked instructors for their unbiased opinions on the Perfect Aim video, and as soon as Gene perceived one instructor's comments to be negative toward Perfect Aim, Gene came down on all instructors pretty hard. That's when I perceived Gene's comments as an attempt to control everyone's opinions towards Perfect Aim, and I subsequently made some comments back that I probably shouldn't have.

Now back over here, yes, many people have nothing better to do than "moderate" the forum for whatever their own reasons may be. But then there are also those who jump in with pointed questions because they like straightforward honesty. So when it comes to posting any claims on AzB, you really have to have your stuff together, or else someone here is going to nail you.

Thanks again for your input, Dave.

Roger

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...shouldn't knock it because not a ONE of you has a clue in hell on what the technique really is.

You're clearly right. And, for the record, you said that in post #757 in this thread about the system. I'm not interested in spending 70 bucks or 70 more minutes on a "system" that after 757 posts (only in this thread) we still don't have a clue in hell what it is.

pj
chgo

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shankster8 Notes:
Since our eyes are separated by a distance equal to the cueball diameter , and, if the cue is centered, our left eye is aligned with the left edge of the cueball, and our right eye is aligned with the right side of the cueball. Thus, if we can get our head low enough we can sight down either side of the cueball, with one or the other eye, and see an accurate cueball/objectball overlap, i.e. fractional overlap. If this is incorrect please correct me, as I have asked many times. If this is correct, and Perfect Aim is merely a requirement to center the cue between our eyes, so we can rely on the overlap we see with either eye, why confuse the issue?

Well, technically, not all of us have nose-pupil distances equal to a ball radius, but you are correct that BASED ON the VIDEO, that is what you would come up with from a practical point of view.

However, if you do not have the ocular phenomenon that is the basis for this method, having your stick under your snout may not help all that much.

Last edited:

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spider comments:
That fractional stuff is a red herring, I think.

If that is the case, a lot of people have $35 dollar refunds coming, because it is at least half of the video.

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope hes smarter than that.....

Agreed. This thread has provided lots of advertising and marketing, but very little useful information, discussion, or insight. I'm glad Gene has had great success with sales and lessons; but it is very disappointing to me (and others?) that Gene still hasn't told us what PERFECT AIM is. I hope Gene will now be willing to share some of his ideas and opinions, and be open to discussing them. At a minimum, he should at least describe briefly what PERFECT AIM is and why it is different and/or better than alternative methods. Then, we would at least know what he is selling and marketing.

Here are some questions I have asked previously in the thread, along with several more specific questions, that I hope Gene will answer. Gene seems to have strong opinions on these matters, but he has not shared any of his ideas with us. It seems like he, and all of us, could learn and benefit from sharing ideas and discussing these topics.

Questions for Gene:

Do you think everybody has a dominant eye?

Do you think somebody's "vision center" can be somewhere between the eyes, and not aligned with a dominant eye?

How do you recommend people should align their dominant eye or "vision center" differently on straight-in vs. typical cut vs. thin cut vs. spot aiming?

I would think that with straight-in shots and spot aiming (e.g., kick shots), you would want your "vision center" (dominant eye for some people) aligned with the center of the CB. With thin cuts, people have suggested it might be a good idea to align your "vision center" with the edge of the CB. With cut shots, some people seem to recommend keeping the "vision center" aligned with the center of the CB, and be consistent with this so you can train yourself to always see the angle of the shot from the same perspective. What do you think about this? Do you recommend shifting the head more as the cut angle increases? If so, how can one be consistent with this?

One option is to always align your "vision center" through the contact-point-to-contact-point line. That way, you have a clear alignment target, and the head shift toward the angle of the shot might help you see the shot better, provided you are consistent with the shift. What do you think about this?

What is PERFECT AIM? (I'm not looking for your standard marketing answer here ... instead, I hope you will provide an actual description of what it is and how it is applied, in a short paragraph.)

Would the following be a fair and accurate first sentence of the description of PERFECT AIM, based on your previous posts:

PERFECT AIM: A system for aligning your vision for different types of shots: straight-in shots, typical cuts, thin cuts, and spot aiming (e.g., kick shots).

Also, it would be nice to have some additional sentences. Here's an example of what this expanded description might look like (but I'm not suggesting this is PERFECT AIM, because I'm still not sure based on what I've seen and read so far):

??? With straight-in and spot-aim shots, you align your dominant eye with the center of the cue ball. With thin cuts you align you dominant eye with the inside edge of the CB. With cut shots, you shift your vision center toward the inside edge of the CB. ???

Please provide us with better sentences that more accurately represent the basis of PERFECT AIM. I think if you open PERFECT AIM up for discussion, and if you share some of your opinions, you might learn some things that might help you improve how you teach it to students in the future. We might also learn from your ideas on these topics.

Thank you very much. I hope you don't feel my questions are inappropriate or "out of line." I also hope you don't think the answers will "give away all of your secrets" and reduce the amount of future business you might receive. Actually, I think the opposite can be true. I think if more people new what you were trying to sell, they might be more interested in working with you to learn how to develop the skills necessary to use your system effectively.

Regards,
Dave

I dont want in this boo hoo crap but I will say I hope Gene is smart enough to know, coming on here and telling everybody that didnt buy his dvd "just what perfect aim is" for free would not be a good move. And really, is a dumb ass thing to expect..

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont want in this boo hoo crap but I will say I hope Gene is smart enough to know, coming on here and telling everybody that didnt buy his dvd "just what perfect aim is" for free would not be a good move. And really, is a dumb ass thing to expect..

If a few sentences of description negates the value of the video, then it's not much of a video, is it?

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Shankster8 Notes:
Since our eyes are separated by a distance equal to the cueball diameter , and, if the cue is centered, our left eye is aligned with the left edge of the cueball, and our right eye is aligned with the right side of the cueball. Thus, if we can get our head low enough we can sight down either side of the cueball, with one or the other eye, and see an accurate cueball/objectball overlap, i.e. fractional overlap. If this is incorrect please correct me, as I have asked many times. If this is correct, and Perfect Aim is merely a requirement to center the cue between our eyes, so we can rely on the overlap we see with either eye, why confuse the issue?

Well, technically, not all of us have nose-pupil distances equal to a ball radius, but you are correct that BASED ON the VIDEO, that is what you would come up with from a practical point of view.

However, if you do not have the ocular phenomenon that is the basis for this method, having your stick under your snout may not help all that much.

Right on, dead crab, you're apparently the first to understand what I'm saying. You missed one of my earlier posts, however. I measured at least a dozen people's eyespan. The ranged from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches. It quickly became apparent that we do have nose-pupil distances equal to a ball radius, as you put it.. Measure your own and see, and your friends. That is why I keep saying Gene's method is simply a requirement to center the cue between our eyes. He admitted to me that if the cue is centered, you'd have to move your eyes at most 1/8 inch. Notice that I have in earlier posts asked Gene a half dozen times, at least: If you center your cue between your eyes, are you then in "perfect aim", within 1/8 inch? Yes or No? He has never answered this question except to me on the phone, inadvertantly. I probably should rephrase my question to "If your cue is centered between your eyes, are your eyes then in that "perfect position" you keep referring to (within 1/8 inch).

I have confidence that Spider will figure this out, also.

Gene, If you center your cue between your eyes, are your eyes then in that perfect position you keep referring to? Yes or No? Thanks, I've only been asking you this for a month, and initially because I legitimately sought understanding.. Initially I assumed your system had to be more than a convoluted presentation requiring the cue to be centered. But you kept ignoring me while continually spamming the forum. That pi**ed me off. All I wanted was a yes or no answer, even off the record, and I would have gone away. Not now, not till you admit to the forum that our eyes are in your supposed "perfect position" when the cue is centered between our eyes. Or, call BS on me, like I've encouraged so many times.

Aren't you glad for people like Spider, who add more confusion to all this? Gene, if we center the cue between our eyes, are our eyes then in that "perfect position" you keep referring to, within 1/8 inch? Yes or No?

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Agreed. This thread has provided lots of advertising and marketing, but very little useful information, discussion, or insight. I'm glad Gene has had great success with sales and lessons; but it is very disappointing to me (and others?) that Gene still hasn't told us what PERFECT AIM is. I hope Gene will now be willing to share some of his ideas and opinions, and be open to discussing them. At a minimum, he should at least describe briefly what PERFECT AIM is and why it is different and/or better than alternative methods. Then, we would at least know what he is selling and marketing.

Here are some questions I have asked previously in the thread, along with several more specific questions, that I hope Gene will answer. Gene seems to have strong opinions on these matters, but he has not shared any of his ideas with us. It seems like he, and all of us, could learn and benefit from sharing ideas and discussing these topics.

Questions for Gene:

Do you think everybody has a dominant eye?

Do you think somebody's "vision center" can be somewhere between the eyes, and not aligned with a dominant eye?

How do you recommend people should align their dominant eye or "vision center" differently on straight-in vs. typical cut vs. thin cut vs. spot aiming?

I would think that with straight-in shots and spot aiming (e.g., kick shots), you would want your "vision center" (dominant eye for some people) aligned with the center of the CB. With thin cuts, people have suggested it might be a good idea to align your "vision center" with the edge of the CB. With cut shots, some people seem to recommend keeping the "vision center" aligned with the center of the CB, and be consistent with this so you can train yourself to always see the angle of the shot from the same perspective. What do you think about this? Do you recommend shifting the head more as the cut angle increases? If so, how can one be consistent with this?

One option is to always align your "vision center" through the contact-point-to-contact-point line. That way, you have a clear alignment target, and the head shift toward the angle of the shot might help you see the shot better, provided you are consistent with the shift. What do you think about this?

What is PERFECT AIM? (I'm not looking for your standard marketing answer here ... instead, I hope you will provide an actual description of what it is and how it is applied, in a short paragraph.)

Would the following be a fair and accurate first sentence of the description of PERFECT AIM, based on your previous posts:

PERFECT AIM: A system for aligning your vision for different types of shots: straight-in shots, typical cuts, thin cuts, and spot aiming (e.g., kick shots).

Also, it would be nice to have some additional sentences. Here's an example of what this expanded description might look like (but I'm not suggesting this is PERFECT AIM, because I'm still not sure based on what I've seen and read so far):

??? With straight-in and spot-aim shots, you align your dominant eye with the center of the cue ball. With thin cuts you align you dominant eye with the inside edge of the CB. With cut shots, you shift your vision center toward the inside edge of the CB. ???

Please provide us with better sentences that more accurately represent the basis of PERFECT AIM. I think if you open PERFECT AIM up for discussion, and if you share some of your opinions, you might learn some things that might help you improve how you teach it to students in the future. We might also learn from your ideas on these topics.

Thank you very much. I hope you don't feel my questions are inappropriate or "out of line." I also hope you don't think the answers will "give away all of your secrets" and reduce the amount of future business you might receive. Actually, I think the opposite can be true. I think if more people new what you were trying to sell, they might be more interested in working with you to learn how to develop the skills necessary to use your system effectively.

Regards,
Dave

Dr Dave, You have published a wealth of information for all of us to benefit from. Thank you. And, out of respect to you, let me say I think you are pursuing a dead end here. I've spoken to Gene on the tele, and discovered that he had no meaningful input for me, but he afterwards posted about how glas he was to have helped me etc. He has no sophisticated understanding of eye dominance etc, IMO. If you want confirmation of this, I will buy you a DVD, and then you will be entitled to call him and ask questions. I believe you'll discover what I have.

He may be a very good pool player, but what works for him is centering the cue between his eyes - and he insists that everyone must do that. I do that, but that may or may not work for everyone. The SPFr's apparently don't believe this is an absolute. And JoeyA has recently stated that he doesn't center the cue, nor do many pros.

Any way, if you are willing, I will buy you a DVD, if you then call and ask the question: If I center the cue between my eyes, are my eyes then in that "perfect position you keep referring to? Yes or No? I've been unable to get an answer to this question despite having posted it several times. Of course you can also ask the many questions you have, but I believe that one question will pretty much clear things up for you, and enable you to evaluate his level of sophistication. It may be higher than mine, but not nearly as lofty as you are expecting, I believe. Let me know your feelings, PM is fine. Thanks

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It might be that simple....

If a few sentences of description negates the value of the video, then it's not much of a video, is it?

It could be such a simple thing a few sentences tells the whole story or it might be so complex a few sentences would just add more to wonder than do any good. Not one or the other is a good move on his part, if someone wants to know so bad its a wopping 80 bucks..

I tried to get Tom Simpson to tell me what CTE was, in a room with a sign out front that said "free lessons". His reply "Oh thats in the 3rd day of my course I cant tell you that" then prceeds to tell everyone in the room that ( after I brouhgt up his name) Hal only knows that it works he cant teach you why..

Bert Kinester is on here everyday giving away his lessons, Im just always at work. some of his tapes are 1 damn shot for 45 min, what a deal...

The funny thing, it has been described on here quite well. Its not the magic pill by any stretch. Its just another billiard theory (on sighting). I say its a club worth having in the bag, but what the hell do I know, well other than if he comes on here giving away free, not only what he just sold a bunch of people, but is trying to sell to a bunch more, he would be a fool in my book.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
HI Gene,

I have not had a response to my email so thought perhaps I can catch your attention here.
I sent you the old DVD and money order. USPS tried to deliver Sept 21 and now they are waiting for you to pick it up. I would like to get my new version of the DVD.

When can I expect it

Thanks

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
HI Gene,

I have not had a response to my email so thought perhaps I can catch your attention here.
I sent you the old DVD and money order. USPS tried to deliver Sept 21 and now they are waiting for you to pick it up. I would like to get my new version of the DVD.

When can I expect it

Thanks

This somwhat answers my ?, But is far from the horses mouth. So what gives did Gene fall off the earth. If people are watching their new dvd I would much like too get in the action

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's been sent........................

HI Gene,

When can I expect it

Thanks

Hi there,
I hope you got my PM that it's been sent. I've been on the road so my time on the computer has been limited.

I just drove to Virginia Beach to get ready for the US Open. Right now I'm trying to find a place to practice that doesn't have smoking. I might have to go to Washington DC just to practice. I get really sick from the smoke.

Let me know when you get your video.

Thanks again. Geno......................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like your style..........................

This somwhat answers my ?, But is far from the horses mouth. So what gives did Gene fall off the earth. If people are watching their new dvd I would much like too get in the action

Hi there,
I've been doing alot of traveling. After Galvaston I drove to Florida. I didn't know that Florida was a smoking state. I went in a pool hall and couldn't believe it. I decided to leave almost immediately. I get really sick from the smoke.

I drove to Atlanta that day on my way to Illinois because that is non smoking smart state. After spending the night there I decided to still go to the US open. Virginia is a smoking state but I could drive to Washington DC to practice and get ready. There will be no smoking at the US open itself.

I'm now in Virginia Beach and I thought maybe I could practice in one of the rooms here but after being in the smoke for about 10 minutes I knew that was not possible.

It takes me about 5 days after spending a night in the smoke to sleep and feel normal again. I can't wait until everywhere is smoke free.

I have some health issues which make it real bad for me but all people get a little sick from it , they just recover faster. It's even hard on the people to smoke to be in the smoke continually.

I like your style and how you handle yourself on the forum. I can't wait until you get Perfect Aim because I know you will not be bashful about telling everyone about your great results.

If you have any questions at all feel free to can me. 715-563-8712.

I'll be available all the time for the next week as I am going to train intensly for this US OPEN so I can do the best I can.

To get the video go to www.perfectaimbilliards and just do it.

Thanks and have a great day Geno.....................

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope you got my PM that it's been sent. Let me know when you get your video.

Thanks again. Geno......................

The PM didn't show up but that's ok. Since you sent the video I'm sure it will get here in couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

Thanks

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there,
I've been doing alot of traveling. After Galvaston I drove to Florida. I didn't know that Florida was a smoking state. I went in a pool hall and couldn't believe it. I decided to leave almost immediately. I get really sick from the smoke.

I drove to Atlanta that day on my way to Illinois because that is non smoking smart state. After spending the night there I decided to still go to the US open. Virginia is a smoking state but I could drive to Washington DC to practice and get ready. There will be no smoking at the US open itself.

I'm now in Virginia Beach and I thought maybe I could practice in one of the rooms here but after being in the smoke for about 10 minutes I knew that was not possible.

It takes me about 5 days after spending a night in the smoke to sleep and feel normal again. I can't wait until everywhere is smoke free.

I have some health issues which make it real bad for me but all people get a little sick from it , they just recover faster. It's even hard on the people to smoke to be in the smoke continually.

I like your style and how you handle yourself on the forum. I can't wait until you get Perfect Aim because I know you will not be bashful about telling everyone about your great results.

If you have any questions at all feel free to can me. 715-563-8712.

I'll be available all the time for the next week as I am going to train intensly for this US OPEN so I can do the best I can.

To get the video go to www.perfectaimbilliards and just do it.

Thanks and have a great day Geno.....................

Gene,
Maybe JAM will consider letting Keith McCready out of retirement for a little action with you. If anyone can toughen you up for the U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championship, it is Keith. He will turn you every which way but loose.

But seriously, I wish you good health, straight shooting and your best performance to date. You will have lots of kindred spirits at the Open.

Have fun and play well.

JoeyA

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gene,
Maybe JAM will consider letting Keith McCready out of retirement for a little action with you. If anyone can toughen you up for the U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championship, it is Keith. He will turn you every which way but loose.

But seriously, I wish you good health, straight shooting and your best performance to date. You will have lots of kindred spirits at the Open.

Have fun and play well.

JoeyA

Hi there Joey,
This road is sure to toughen me up. I left Galvaston and went to Tampa,Florida only to find out they still smoke everywhere in Florida. They need to get with it.

The good news was my best friend in high school lives in Leesburg and when I stopped to see him he was in terrible shape. From what he was telling me I thought maybe he might be diabetic. I checked his blood suger with my meter and sure enough. It was way high. He went to the doctor yesterday and they confirmed what I thought. If I wouldn't have went to Florida Allen might of kept on getting sicker and sicker for years not knowing he was diabetic.

I was still a little sick from playing that Dennis in Galvaston. The smoke was real bad in that pool hall. Then driving all the way to Florida. I was still trying to recoup from the smoke. I made a promise to myself that there will be no more smokey poolrooms for this guy. Health has got to be a number one priority. It's called Neoropathy or nerve damage from the diabetes. It effects different people differently and with me it got my lungs.

I decided to go home. Or at least go to a smoke free state. I looked at Illinois. I took off for Altlanta and stayed the night there. Got up and cleared my heads a little and thought to myself, what a wus, a little trouble and you've decided not to go to the US open like you planned.

Decided to go to Virginia and get a room and spend the next 12 days getting ready by resting,eating right and getting some much needed practice.

Got to Q-Masters in Virginia Beach only to find out that all the rooms in Virginia have smoking. OH nnnoooooooooooooo! Yikes............

Well I need to go to plan B. Maryland is a non smoking state so I did a b-line for Baltimore. About a 4 hour drive. Got here and finally found a reasonable room at 6:30 in the morning. I didn't say nice but reasonable. Reminds me of the old days back on the road. The ladies of the night were still prowling about.

After about 6 hours of much needed rest I checked my computer and that's as far as I am. Now I can continue my plan to prepare for this OPEN thing.

They have some nice rooms in Baltimore. I was at Top Hats last night and the guys in the poolhall and myself had a great time. They knew who I was from Perfect Aim and I worked with all of them a little and it was alot of fun.

About an hour from here there is a tournament this next weekend, kind of a tune-up for the Open. I must play in that. Need to check my mustard. This will do it.

Well, I got to get to work and get this show on the road. Woops, I'm already on the road. Exercise,eating,sleeping and Playing. In that order.

Thanks for the boost........... Geno...................

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just spent about 4 hours with gene, watching him gamble, then going over perfect aim. Gene is a top notch player, an all around nice guy, and he definitly has something with PERFECT AIM. It does make a noticable difference. Here he will be at top hat for there sunday tournament for any locals who might like to meet him.