Perimeter vs Lite Systems

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i never called money mumbo jumbo
clams
mula
kablinky

light sales dont support the game when you buy from a hardware store or online store
I took you to mean mumbo jumbo as “time wasted thinking about something”, not money spent. In either case, it’s all we are here for, to talk about pool and everything pool related.

Badpenguin

I got the lite systems, rounded corner RectanGi, with the tunable white. I wanted the highest lumens possible, with the option to change it to yellow light and also dim it if wanted. It works excellent for lighting the pool table.

Note that at the recommended mounting height, it bleeds over into the rest of the room quite a bit. Someone watching TV in the same room will get some glare. It isn't like the older hung lights that only light the bed of the table.

For clarity are you speaking of the pool balls or....

You guys are starting to make me think of those LED panels. I'm wondering if just sticking 4 of them up on the ceiling (it's only about 7.5') might be as good and MUCH cheaper.
And the Lord said, "let there be light, but to be clear it must be light made special for Earth; don't bring me some generic multi/any-use run-of-the-mill light."

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For clarity are you speaking of the pool balls or....

You guys are starting to make me think of those LED panels. I'm wondering if just sticking 4 of them up on the ceiling (it's only about 7.5') might be as good and MUCH cheaper.
I honestly don't see how the perimeter lights can be better than qty 2, 2x4 panels, end to end. The perimeter are focused on the edge of the table as a narrow beam. The wider panels are at the center of the table. When you make a "cone shaped" beam of light coming down from either type, I'd think the wider center panels would have more even illumination throughout the table.

That said, I've played under the perimeter style, and the LED style, and feel they both work just fine.

I personally think the perimeter style caught on because they look substantially different. That's enough to get people to buy, even if they are not better than the much cheaper LED commodity panels made for drop ceilings.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the lite systems, rounded corner RectanGi, with the tunable white. I wanted the highest lumens possible, with the option to change it to yellow light and also dim it if wanted. It works excellent for lighting the pool table.

Note that at the recommended mounting height, it bleeds over into the rest of the room quite a bit. Someone watching TV in the same room will get some glare. It isn't like the older hung lights that only light the bed of the table.
What size light and table do you have? I’m wondering if the RectanGI mini works well with a 9ft table. Unless I can see an example in person, I’m not convinced I’d need to spend to close double the price for the 9ft light.

This goes for both LiteSystems and Perimeter brands.

I honestly don't see how the perimeter lights can be better than qty 2, 2x4 panels, end to end. The perimeter are focused on the edge of the table as a narrow beam. The wider panels are at the center of the table. When you make a "cone shaped" beam of light coming down from either type, I'd think the wider center panels would have more even illumination throughout the table.

That said, I've played under the perimeter style, and the LED style, and feel they both work just fine.

I personally think the perimeter style caught on because they look substantially different. That's enough to get people to buy, even if they are not better than the much cheaper LED commodity panels made for drop ceilings.
The way they reflect on the balls also looks kinda cool.

1714163874489.png

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

It's pretty neat seeing the rectangular reflection on the balls. They almost look like cartoon gumballs, or pool balls like you drew as a kid with the curved reflection. It's kind of trippy in a good way. Don't tell but if your light is truly centered on the table you can also use them as a reference when aiming. I mean, you don't aim by the reflection, but any info you feed into your subconscious is good.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just changed out the fluorescents in my Diamond light to four of these;

KT-LED43T8-96G-850-D

5500 lumens

shooter_Hans

Don’t get the bright ass lights that seem to be made for the garage.

A table at home should be cozy in my opinion.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lite-Systems… great kit. Very good lighting. I should have bought the next size or two up. The customer service is outstanding. If you have questions the owner will call you back with no pressure to buy. If you need help after the sale they are there for you. I’m using the FinN over a 9’

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new rectangular lights reflect light rectangles off the balls which I don’t like.
I find it distracting.
Lights with a diffuser panel are still my preferred lighting.

Badpenguin

What size light and table do you have? I’m wondering if the RectanGI mini works well with a 9ft table. Unless I can see an example in person, I’m not convinced I’d need to spend to close double the price for the 9ft light.

This goes for both LiteSystems and Perimeter brands.
I own a 9' table. It _does_ feel pricey, but to me it is worth it.

Watched this promo by Fedor Gorst on a "Solvita" light system. I have to admit, that thing looks a heck of a lot easier to put together and hang than mine. Putting the Lite-Systems together was somewhat of a hassle, which I would say is the only drawback. This system in Fedor's promo is only 4000K, which was too low for me.

bpeacock

I put a 2x4 led panel over my 8ft table and I am very pleased with it. Nice even lighting over the whole playing area.

Pierre Shakes

Registered
Here is the adjustable height setup at Peacock Billiards in Victoria, BC, Canada over the 12' snooker table. Check out the ball reflection.

Attachments

• snk lights.jpeg
    snk lights.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 17
  • snk reflect.jpeg
    snk reflect.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 16