Players HXT Cues - Choices and Decisions Between Models

JMASTERJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks to you guys, I have at least narrowed down my first cue to an HXT. I see many of them on Amazon Prime, which I may think about ordering a few with different weights to see what I like, but I think I want 20oz.

Here is a site with a list of them thats also mostly on Amazon, even though it actually seems cheaper here, so we'll see.... but question is, what is the difference? Nothing here states the difference between all the models... is it strictly cosmetic? I love the fact they are all low deflection, have the tip I want, Kamui soft, and they all seem to be like 12.75? I think I want something between 12 and 13, so that also seems great.

https://www.shootersbilliards.com/Players-HXT-Pool-Cues

If its purely cosmetic, then I'll just get the cheapest one that looks good to me. I cant even find a Players website that maybe explains this.

SugarMan76

I would stay away from amazon and seriously check out seyberts.com. The guys there will be able to answer any questions you might have and their return policy is outstanding. The only difference in the Players cues other than cosmetic will be the joint. Stainless steel joints will have a firmer hit than the implex joints will.

JMASTERJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would stay away from amazon and seriously check out seyberts.com. The guys there will be able to answer any questions you might have and their return policy is outstanding. The only difference in the Players cues other than cosmetic will be the joint. Stainless steel joints will have a firmer hit than the implex joints will.

Whats wrong with Amazon, bec those guys might sell fakes?

I would feel guilty buying a few cues from like a seyberts.com and return after using some... or am I worrying needlessly? I just wanted to try out some different weights etc., and Amazon Prime's returns are always no questions asked free return so....

And dang thats a big different in prices for just cosmetics... I mean some are under $120 I think and some are near $200.

IGR1

Registered
I bought mine, a players hc08 plus a hxt skinny shaft from a member here, Rain-man. Ask him. A great guy to deal with.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
The differences are (for like 95%) purely cosmetic. The different
wraps obviously make a difference in how the cue feels in your hands.

But, for playability there is no real difference.

BTW, while Amazon stocks these themselves (since you can get them thru Prime)
does not mean they own the cues. They more then likely still belong to a retailer
so ordering the multiple ones and sending most back will not make them very happy
at all. Plus, if an item shows obvious signs of use the no questions asked return
policy stops rather swiftly.

The price difference is because the cheaper ones are overlays (decals/stickers) and
some of the more expensive ones have actual inlays/points.

Regards, Dave

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had the pleasure to own two HXT cues, HXT15 wich I sold a while back and a HXTE10 that I still have to date.

They are both decent cues but I like the more expensive 10 better. The finish is better and the wood joint has a better hit than the Stainless on the 15. The more expensive models are just a little better finished, atleast those that I have come across. If I were to buy one I' skip the cheapest few models and choose one that I like the looks of and most importantly has the grip I like :smile: They all come with the same shaft at 12.75mm.

And I would suggest using Seyberts aswell. If you buy it from Amazon it is very unlikely that it comes at the weight you ordered it in, they just send out what they happen to have at hand. Seyberts is a safer bet for sure to get what you really want :smile:

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be inclined to order the heaviest weight one available, as this should have the largest weight bolt in, and a spare weight bolt.
Try the cue with the spare weight bolt in, then cut in down a bit and try again, then do the same again until you find the weight you like best.
You usually find this just after you have gone past it.....That's now what your other weight bolt is for.
This way you only need to buy the 1 cue you like.

JMASTERJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So in this particular case with the HXT's, higher price = higher quality? The model numbers have no bearing, i.e., 99 is better/worse than 30 is better/worse than 15 etc?

K you guys sold me, I'll go call Seyberts... FYI I have never had a problem returning stuff to Amazon Prime and getting full refund unlike Newegg, even with parts missing, but if its a QC issue then ya, I have no patience for that.

Thanks!