Please HELP Identify This Cue

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron , you know King James lives only 30 minutes from us (Lake Ariel).. We can always take Jim's copy of the photo and have him autograph it and he can tell us in person what kind if cue it is.. Lol he may still have it and show it to you!

Chris

That would be sweet!

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Palmer was my guess but I am not an authority on the subject.

Great pic btw, thanks for posting it. Good luck with your search.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Possibly even an early Balabushka fwiw.....

Sean

Wouldn't that be sweet? It really I guess could be a one-off anything. I'm still not sure I think I see a window down there. I've seen George's with window, but can't think of one with penalized trim rings at the joint? Where's Tate? I'm for Paradise but ready to be swayed. I'm guessing Rempe is 16 which makes it early 60s.

But OK, let's say that is a window and it says, "Jim Rempe Original by Balabuska" and Denny Glenn doesn't have it (yet LOL).

Kevin

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Sean

Wouldn't that be sweet? It really I guess could be a one-off anything. I'm still not sure I think I see a window down there. I've seen George's with window, but can't think of one with penalized trim rings at the joint? Where's Tate? I'm for Paradise but ready to be swayed. I'm guessing Rempe is 16 which makes it early 60s.

Kevin

Kev, check that bumper out, and some early Bushkas had white collars and a brass joint. Ring work in the butt looks more 'his' too. That's my vote, but you know, I may have just slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Kev, check that bumper out, and some early Bushkas had white collars and a brass joint. Ring work in the butt looks more 'his' too. That's my vote, but you know, I may have just slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

Not pearlized but white? Maybe so, probably so. Its so odd, I saw pearalized joint rings and that's all I could see, now that you mentioned white plastic, that's the way I see it, that flat kinda white stuff George used occasionally.

BTW, if that's not a completely posed pic, and Rempe was just about to stroke that ball when he looked up, the camera causght him at the beginning of a slip-stroke so big it would have impressed Cornbread (no easy feat).

Last edited:

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron , you know King James lives only 30 minutes from us (Lake Ariel).. We can always take Jim's copy of the photo and have him autograph it and he can tell us in person what kind if cue it is.. Lol he may still have it and show it to you!

Chris

he did tell me at a tournament in lexington, ky that he did indeed still have his meucci crown cue. he may still have this one.

gpeezy

for sale!
to think high end, paradise. I do like it to be a real old Viking though but im not sure how far back they were made. a few cue makers copied or used rather the paradise look. If it is i'd love to have it. be worth a few nickels

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
In the photo below, compare the butt of the Jean Balukas Balabushka to the Rempe cue butt blowup - some design similarities.

But... see post below, the cue is a Paradise made for Jimmy.

Attachments

• balukas and rempe cue.jpg
    balukas and rempe cue.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
In the photo below, compare the butt of the Jean Balukas Balabushka to the Rempe cue butt blowup - some design similarities.

Yeah man. Pretty strong find there.

Great to see you posting.

Thanks

Kevin

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yeah man. Pretty strong find there.

Great to see you posting.

Thanks

Kevin

But I'm wrong!

I just got word from Peter Balner that it's a Paradise. His dad was already partners with Frank when the cue was made and Peter was friends with Jimmy by then. He remembers the cue very well in fact.

I was thrown off by the longish buttcap - the black name label and white rings made me think Paradise too but I eliminated it because they almost always have a short buttcap.