Polish for a Ron Thomas Case

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a Ron Thomas case that I need to polish some scuffs out of. I honestly have no idea if this is real leather or something faux. The pattern seems like it would be alligator. Anyone have experience with polishing out scuffs. I think it rubbed against a wall but seems to be trivial and not damaged. Any recommendations appreciated. Thx, Shooter08

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpeg
    IMG_5650.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 72

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I have a Ron Thomas case that I need to polish some scuffs out of. I honestly have no idea if this is real leather or something faux. The pattern seems like it would be alligator. Anyone have experience with polishing out scuffs. I think it rubbed against a wall but seems to be trivial and not damaged. Any recommendations appreciated. Thx, Shooter08
Shoe polish and polish just like you would a pair of shoes.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ron only used leather, no faux material and, yes, shoe polish is fine for leather cases.
That’s what I thought, i’m not familiar with this leather. As I mentioned I think it may be alligator, just preferred to be safer than sorry. Thx

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have any paint smudges from the wall, you'll need to remove them first. A little bit of this stuff on the end of a cue tip will remove them almost instantly.
1714054965587.png

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Some or all of the Whitten style were vinyl. If it has a pocket, it may be helpful to check the inside of the pocket.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
1. wipe down the case with a damp cloth to remove dirt.
2. if it is a leather without a coating use a good quality color matched shoe cream (like Saphir) applied with a rag wrapped around your finger. buff with a clean rag and/ or use a shoe brush.
3. Increase the shine (if you like) by using a wax type polish and buffing with a brush or cloth accordingly.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure

This is 100% accurate i own a Ron Thomas, that's on the "inexpensive" end of his line... it's Faux with plastic cap ends...
I stand corrected. Never saw one but not doubting you.

P.S. Ron lives about 2-3 miles from me but I never met him.

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I'm no expert, but there were Thomas Whitten-style cases made of vinyl, and the swatch list could be from that line of cases. I don't know for sure if vinyl made its way to his George-style cases, but I think so. It was likely rare since many have never seen one. I'm pretty sure I have. The OP may have only been questioning if it was printed leather.

Last edited: