Pool Hall Photos From All Over.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the billiard room of a 5-star hotel in London called the Sanderson.

The Billiard Room at Sanderson in London has a low-key clubby vibe and
features an antique silver-leafed billiard table, whimsical, lodge-like antler
furniture and original 1950s stained glass designed by John Piper, one of
the most noted British artists of the 20th Century.

I don't know, man, but somehow this billiard room gives me the creeps.

I'd be thinking Freddy Cruger might walk in at any moment. :shocked2:

Here's the link. Check out the chair with antlers on the left: Sanderson Hotel in London.

Attachments

• luxury-hotel-london-sanderson-billiard-room[1].jpg
    luxury-hotel-london-sanderson-billiard-room[1].jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,745

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I really do enjoy this thread. Somebody should make a coffee table book
with some of the photos of the pool rooms. You can see how the the atmosphere
is in the different envrironments.

Here's a few young folk enjoying a game in Indonesia. Check out the cloth raised
above each pocket. What is that?

It almost looks like the original pocket liners were missing and someone improvised by using cloth. It would definitely be better then letting the balls slam against the rear of the pocket. Cool pic, thanks.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Next Monday our Community Pool Room will reopen after it's annual two week closing, the 29 Gold Crowns (25 4.5 x 9.0s, 3-5 x 10 Snooker, and 1-5 x 10 3C) will have NEW CLOTH, NEW RAILS, the place will be sparking clean, and if I remember ill take the camera when the Cougars show up to play.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Cool pictures, Ghosst! But now you got me wondering. Tell me more about The Crooked Cue! :p

Here's a link to their website.

Obviously things may have changed a little since I was there (doesn't look like it though), but it had 20 9' tables, 4 snooker tables, dart lanes, several fireplaces, arm chairs, two separate full bars, private areas, TVs, and when the music was on, it was kind of eerie because they found the perfect volume between audible and background. Always good music too, although that is my taste (jazz, blues).

The hardest thing to imagine though, and it obviously can't be shown in a picture, is the feel of the place. Customers there are upscale or serious about their game, the tables are very well kept and so are the house cues. The Crooked Cue is somewhere you can relax without feeling you're crammed into a warehouse with some tables thrown into it. You forget you're in Canada's 2nd largest city, it feels like it's just you, your bar-mates, and a pint of your favorite malt. Pool has never been the same for me, I've been ruined.

Reactions: JAM