Pool items you think of that won’t ever be made

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pockets that shrink with a shot timer. So pockets start at, say, 4,5" and in X seconds they close up. The slower you play, the harder the shot will be.

Or maybe first 20 seconds it's 4,5", then in the next 20 seconds it closes fully. So after ~30 seconds the pockets shrink beyond ball size. And after 40 seconds you're playing on a billiards table and a safety is your only option.
I want to make this.

The DigiBall has a shot timer already, so now I can make any ridiculous contraption that reads the timer and pisses off slow players that I want to 😄

What about eye glasses that slowly start shading as time increases? Or a head vice that slowly starts tightening

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because most numpties in pool rooms barely know how to use chalk let alone a tip shaper. If you know what you're doing you can always ask for one at the counter. They have em....but only for those who know to ask for one, not the drunks that will play who can file away the tip on this house cue faster with it.
An electric pencil sharpener tip shaper. Wear out your tip in seconds!

Justaneng

Registered
The Impossi-rack. It looks and feels just like a Magic-rack - but it leaves small gaps between all the balls.

They come at a cost effective 10 racks for $1, just in case your opponent uses it “accidentally” when it’s their turn to break, you won’t be out a ton of money.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The Impossi-rack. It looks and feels just like a Magic-rack - but it leaves small gaps between all the balls.

They come at a cost effective 10 racks for $1, just in case your opponent uses it “accidentally” when it’s their turn to break, you won’t be out a ton of money.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An AI powered robot that will clear the table in 99.9% of the times. It would need a couple test shots to "understand" the table condition, but after that it'll be able to make any shot that is physically possible.
Why would it need anything but access?

It is able to make any possible shot.

ALT_ESV

Carhartt BN 2802. They don't look like dress pants, but the pocket on the right leg is good for your chalk and the one on the left leg is good for your extension. And they have a hidden pocket for your money.
That is what these are honestly…. Kühl pants

I wear them all the time. Back right thigh pocket fits the extension, left side thigh for the chalk. Two zipper pockets on the front thighs to put your money.

Do any pool tables have a digital counter? If not, they should start making them. Or a little button on the side of the table that light up each diamond so you can mark your games without coins. There can just be one button for each side at the head of the table. Coins work great until neither player has any.

Flakeandrun

Do any pool tables have a digital counter? If not, they should start making them. Or a little button on the side of the table that light up each diamond so you can mark your games without coins. There can just be one button for each side at the head of the table. Coins work great until neither player has any.
Digital scoring here in some places in Shanghai. Either in the light, or at the table between chairs. It's not hard to make. Pointless to put it on the table itself (pardon the pun)

Digital scoring here in some places in Shanghai. Either in the light, or at the table between chairs. It's not hard to make. Pointless to put it on the table itself (pardon the pun)
No pun taken. I started a long time ago playing on brunswicks. A lot of the Brunswick tables had counters. Although I can’t recall one being on a gold crown because I’ve never used one on a gold crown. The only time mine gets used is on occasion to keep track of games played during a long practice session or a long all night ghost race.

I’ve never seen a counter on any diamond that I have played on either. on my home table I have a counter integrated into the bottom rail and also have that counter that goes over the table with the markers for every ten points. I don’t recall ever seeing one of those over the table counters in a hall either though. There have never been many straight Pool players in this area either. so maybe that’s why there was never really a reason for them.

Flakeandrun

No pun taken. I started a long time ago playing on brunswicks. A lot of the Brunswick tables had counters. Although I can’t recall one being on a gold crown because I’ve never used one on a gold crown. The only time mine gets used is on occasion to keep track of games played during a long practice session or a long all night ghost race.

I’ve never seen a counter on any diamond that I have played on either. on my home table I have a counter integrated into the bottom rail and also have that counter that goes over the table with the markers for every ten points. I don’t recall ever seeing one of those over the table counters in a hall either though. There have never been many straight Pool players in this area either. so maybe that’s why there was never really a reason for them.
All the counters I see on old imported tables here are busted. Lots of random digital scoreboards here like I said. Mostly for counting racks. There's one place that has a counter suitable for straight pool. Has a table between two chairs, either side has a button that connects to the score read-out.
I know about three people who play straight pool here.

DaWizard

I want to make this.

The DigiBall has a shot timer already, so now I can make any ridiculous contraption that reads the timer and pisses off slow players that I want to 😄

What about eye glasses that slowly start shading as time increases? Or a head vice that slowly starts tightening
I'm not an engineer, but I think the shrinking pockets are a challenge. The force of a ball on full speed is significant.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not an engineer, but I think the shrinking pockets are a challenge. The force of a ball on full speed is significant.
I could make a rising pocket blocker in a V shape. Just a platform inside the pocket that slowly rises as time goes on, which eventually totally blocks the pocket after enough time.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the counters I see on old imported tables here are busted. Lots of random digital scoreboards here like I said. Mostly for counting racks. There's one place that has a counter suitable for straight pool. Has a table between two chairs, either side has a button that connects to the score read-out.
I know about three people who play straight pool here.
I play 14.1 but I only use beads. I hate the counters.

I’d give you “technical” guys a little insight on what I’ve been trying to make but someone might steal my idea. I’ve even tried contacted a few companies on it. It’s just that I don’t have the overhead right now to pay those companies to create what I’m asking. Then I’ve had to look into patents and things like that and it takes time. Create might not be the right word. Developement costs money. Although the end result won’t be expensive getting there might be a little costly. Plus, I’d have to buy x amount of pieces etc, Let’s just say I’ve been working on a better cue case.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Just like the post states. Could be apparel or items or equipment

Mine is apparel. Slacks with a nice chalk holder included with a lipstick mouth on the back pocket and on the holder. Maybe your favorite pool logo or a rack of balls on one of the front pockets on front. Could be shorts or jeans for casual play too I’d call them
Kiss My Ass Pool Pants

Also in the apparel department. I’d like to make a jersey like those old piss on Ford or Chevy or Dodge bumper and window stickers. Instead of car brands peoples least favorite brand would be getting pissed on on the back of the jersey with their favorite on front.

Some might find the second offensive cause you are soft. Those were hot back in the day on cars and never offended people. It was funny and a lot of street racers had them to call out their opposition too. You still see them from time to time. And it was mostly meant as a sign of brand loyalty.

I have equipment ideas that will never come to fruition too but will save them for later in this thread.
Small button inserts where the round white part is drilled out of the pool table for the diamond location. Unable to see the round white diamond but a nice dim pastel led light with wiring feeding it or a removable one to insert a button battery to light it up would be a goldmine for some manufacturer.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
wolfy get a patent or it gets stolen on you.
but john barton is a nice guy and honest. maybe try to arrange a deal for him to produce and sell and you get a royalty for each case.
other wise you will just have heartbreak trying to put it together.