Pool table storage - Perfect drawer & alternatives

wetwilly58

Registered
Has anyone out there purchased the 'Perfect Drawer' or similar for their table? Thoughts? Are there better alternatives out there others have rigged up?

http://www.legacybilliards.com/perfect-drawer.html
- I've got a 9ft I'm working with

My room is lacking in wall space/storage so hidden storage sounds like a good idea and I do like the hydraulic drawer aspect. Nice and clean. I have 2 sets of balls with a couple of cues along with racks, etc. Currently everything is sitting on a bar top counter.

Not asking for a product review more of a 'what did you rig up' type of post. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm also very interested in seeing what others have done!

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
under table drawers

Hi guys:

I have a 7' Brunswick with straight bottom panels.

I made drawers with regulars metal slides for each side under the long rail. Interior dividers on one side- holds about 8 cues and accessories.
Other side holds several cases, and books.

I was able to stain to match.

I'll post some pix later tonight.

Got the idea from seeing Olhausen's table.

Works very well and barely noticeable.

Dave

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
some pics

image1a.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image2a.jpg

image3.jpg

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture with table cover

IMG_1960.jpg

Almost look factory with cover on

Sorry, I don't know how to rotate photo

Last edited:

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thank you WW

Not too complicated.

Two pair of accuride drawer slides

Made two four sided drawers with a bottom. Oversized face drawer; matched minwax sample sheets from home depot. Drawer box to accommodate drawer and slides. drawer box is screwed into frame of table. Basically like making a dresser.

Interior for cues is simple slats and routed sides.

I can PM you pictures of underside and close ups of box and drawers if you like.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In The Wonderful World of Pool and Billiards by Robert Byrnes, one of the articles is titled “My Dream Room” (don’t we all!).
He mostly addresses public pool and billiard rooms, not just in one’s home. Number 12 (see p.9 of his book) is "Baskets Under the Table"; for storing coats, cue cases, books, etc. All that space seems to be wasted.
Nice job, wetwilly58, "Waste not, Want Not" Ben Franklin liked the cue sports.:wink: