Pool tournament question

mandalamps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmm

There are 11 Valley tables. 9 GCII ....trust me, there is plenty of room...there is more room in this pool hall than there is in Magoos in Tulsa..only drawback is there is no smoking or drinking...I dont smoke or drink so its good for me..I am just wanting to see if this will be something we can do or not

That is definitely not a drawback for some ftgokie! I <3 it! :)

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Okie

The plans sound okay, like the idea of the smoker. I second the notion of having Danny and Evelyn running the tournament. They do an excellent job in a difficult type of environment.

I will have to look up how far Muskogee is from Wichita. Did you shoot that pig in Oklahoma or Texas? My brother was a bow hunter for many years, and has a pig head, dear head, and a stuffed 6.5' black bear in his rec room along with his Pool table ... lol I named the bear, Harvey.

$15 for green fees is very reasonable, cause you can easily spend $30-60 on quarters in a normal coin operated tournament. Most players in the Midwest are bar table players, and I think your tournout would be better than for big tables.

Also, if multi-day tournament, consider serving a all-you-eat buffet breakfast at midnight for about $4.95, they always go over big.

Would you have a cuesmith there doing cue repairs, tips, etc.?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
BRING IT ON!!!!

I am totally IN FAVOR OF a Non-smoking, Non-drinking, Bar Table Tournament!!!!!! I can't stand coming out of a pool room smelling like smoke! UGG, it's so gross! lol....

Great idea! I hope you can get it done!

Peace,
Amanda

Hopefully we can do this....Im keeping my fingers crossed

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
The plans sound okay, like the idea of the smoker. I second the notion of having Danny and Evelyn running the tournament. They do an excellent job in a difficult type of environment.

I will have to look up how far Muskogee is from Wichita. Did you shoot that pig in Oklahoma or Texas? My brother was a bow hunter for many years, and has a pig head, dear head, and a stuffed 6.5' black bear in his rec room along with his Pool table ... lol I named the bear, Harvey.

$15 for green fees is very reasonable, cause you can easily spend $30-60 on quarters in a normal coin operated tournament. Most players in the Midwest are bar table players, and I think your tournout would be better than for big tables.

Also, if multi-day tournament, consider serving a all-you-eat buffet breakfast at midnight for about $4.95, they always go over big.

Would you have a cuesmith there doing cue repairs, tips, etc.?

I shot the pig up on Camp Gruber last weekend with my bow..217lbs

I would do tips and shaft cleaning...or I could see if Pete Petree would be interested in doing the repairs

This is all just being discussed right now, were seeing what would go over the best....hopefully its something we can do

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, keep us posted, i might even consider driving up to "yankee" land for something like that, lol.

Mike

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tournment

Would you guys consider an 8, 9 or 10 ball tourney at a pool hall that has no smoking or drinking. Looking into seeing if there is any interest in it so we can pursue this or just drop it. There are 11 valley bar tables and they are extremely well taken care of. There will be 1500 added with at least 32 players, or if there is 64 or more there would be 2500 added, and also a Calcutta.

The pool hall is located in Muskogee Okla

Most pool halls that have these types of tournaments have smoking and drinking and I don’t know if the pool players would be interested in a tournament in a place like this or not.

65.00 entry includes green fee

8 ball, race to 7
9-10 ball race to 9
Double elim

What are your thoughts or opinions on this….

Well i can tell you i have been in bussines 12 yr and run weekley tourny for the last 12yr and done real good--i also have a added tourny 2-3 times a yr 40-50 players have had no smoking or drinking all along GO FOR IT!!!!:wink:

grandpapkusky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont drink or smoke so that would be fine with me. I can tolerate drinkers more than smokers. The smoke really bothers my eyes anymoe and I can smell it on my clothes when I get home.
I say Good luck!