Pool travel for my year through Jan/March 2025

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, maybe not "pool" travel, but work travel with pool :cool:
If anyone sees anything they know for local places/tournaments chime in please.
Louisville will be my first trip to that state.

(Myrtle Beach, SC)
(Carmel, IN)
(Maryville, TN)
(Brooksville, FL)
(St. John's, FL)
( Mechanicsburg, PA)
( Louisville, KY)
(Rotterdam, NY)
(Staten Island, NY)
(Southern Pines, NC)

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
An hour away in Waynesboro, PA there are 2 nice rooms. Probably some in Harrisburg, York or Carlisle. They're bigger towns in that area, probably one in Mechanicsburg. Brian.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
OK, maybe not "pool" travel, but work travel with pool :cool:
If anyone sees anything they know for local places/tournaments chime in please.
Louisville will be my first trip to that state.

(Myrtle Beach, SC)
(Carmel, IN)
(Maryville, TN)
(Brooksville, FL)
(St. John's, FL)
( Mechanicsburg, PA)
( Louisville, KY)
(Rotterdam, NY)
(Staten Island, NY)
(Southern Pines, NC)
Shore Thing Billiards in The Dirty Myrtle is the only hall I know about up there, nothing special, just a decent pool hall. If you slipped down to Charleston, I would be more help.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carmel is my hometown, though feel there will be tables in Antarctica before a room opens there. Executive Billiards in Indy should be a 20 min. drive but don't know about tourneys there.

And FYI Carmel is the roundabout capital of America, so you can get dizzy driving around them if the urge strikes.

lintonindy

Registered
Carmel is my hometown, though feel there will be tables in Antarctica before a room opens there. Executive Billiards in Indy should be a 20 min. drive but don't know about tourneys there.

And FYI Carmel is the roundabout capital of America, so you can get dizzy driving around them if the urge strikes.
Carmel is also my home town.

I would suggest Brickyard Billiards on the west side of Indy (mix of 7ft diamonds and 9ft goldcrowns), Kips on the NE side (7ft diamonds), or I currently play out of John Wayne's on the southside of Indy (7ft diamonds well taken care of).

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would suggest Brickyard Billiards on the west side of Indy (mix of 7ft diamonds and 9ft goldcrowns), Kips on the NE side (7ft diamonds), or I currently play out of John Wayne's on the southside of Indy (7ft diamonds well taken care of).
Good to know, I make it back to visit once or twice a year. Is Executive still open? Now and then I think about moving back, but the lack of rooms is a deterrent. I am spoiled in Florida.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John Waynes was actually my favorite place in the area, I met several people that shoot in a league there when I was opening a store near Indy. Also got friendly with the bartenders so the girls were being nice with my drinks hehe. I usually try to get on the couple of 9 footers they have in the back.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shore Thing Billiards in The Dirty Myrtle is the only hall I know about up there, nothing special, just a decent pool hall. If you slipped down to Charleston, I would be more help.

I usually give myself like an hour drive to a place to check it out but try to keep it to 30 mins because of the drive back.

Iwishiwasrich

John Waynes was actually my favorite place in the area, I met several people that shoot in a league there when I was opening a store near Indy. Also got friendly with the bartenders so the girls were being nice with my drinks hehe. I usually try to get on the couple of 9 footers they have in the back.
John Wayne's is my hang out. I play in a Tap league on Sunday and a in house ACS league on Monday.