Predator gloves

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Thanks ... just curious. I really like the Predator Victory softs that are on mine.

Me too, no need to change.

Can't believe people are still wearing gloves with the Revo. So silky smooth without one. I have never tried a glove ever though to be fair.

wirednine

Registered
I've always been a no glove kinda shooter, but lately the humidity in the midwest is just getting beyond annoying when it's not warm enough for AC in the hall. Since I'm playing more serious games and tourneys, I need to at least have one in my bag. I went ahead and am giving the new Predator glove a chance. It should be here in two days. I'll report back on my thoughts.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too, no need to change.

Can't believe people are still wearing gloves with the Revo. So silky smooth without one. I have never tried a glove ever though to be fair.

It’s more out of habit. I’ve been wearing one for over 20 years and it would seem strange to not have one lol

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Down here in south Louisiana the humidity is so bad even the Revo shaft doesn't help. I would say a lot more players wear gloves down here more than other parts of the country for that reason.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine today.. it’s as good as any of them. It’s more mesh then some . Reminds me more of the kamui then the molinari.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always been a no glove kinda shooter, but lately the humidity in the midwest is just getting beyond annoying when it's not warm enough for AC in the hall. Since I'm playing more serious games and tourneys, I need to at least have one in my bag. I went ahead and am giving the new Predator glove a chance. It should be here in two days. I'll report back on my thoughts.

I never used one either, for years. I bought a cheap one last year. My wife had to cut the ends off because it was too large for my small hands. I'm looking to get one with finger tips cut out.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To hell with them! They don’t make a glove for the lefty players anyway.

The Nick Varner glove is less that $10 on Seyberts and they have left and right hand gloves.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one today, they look good, and seems like they are constructed well (by looking in the pictures lol) so I'll give it a shot.

My review after over a week (played 4-5 times, 5 hours per time) of use, I ordered the S/M size

- Fit: It is really small, my hand is tiny and it feels really snug, but it is comfortable, whatever the stretching material they use, it's good, but let see how long it can hold up being stretching out all the time like this. The cut on the thumb is somewhat too short, I can see the knuckle of the thumb, again my hand is tiny already, so when I use close bridge, my cue's shaft is touching my skin and it's bugging me a bit.

- The finish: The outer stitching starts to come off already, since this is 3-finger open so it seems like they just made a full finger cover at first then use the scissors to cut of the tip of those 3 fingers and that's it, look and feel unfinished on those open cut.

- Quality: it's padded in the palm area so good support for your normal open bridge, overall good quality but not great.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My review is the same. I would add I’m not fond of the shiny sheen that it has. It catches my eyes a bit. I’ll probobly stick with the molinarri

My review after over a week (played 4-5 times, 5 hours per time) of use, I ordered the S/M size

- Fit: It is really small, my hand is tiny and it feels really snug, but it is comfortable, whatever the stretching material they use, it's good, but let see how long it can hold up being stretching out all the time like this. The cut on the thumb is somewhat too short, I can see the knuckle of the thumb, again my hand is tiny already, so when I use close bridge, my cue's shaft is touching my skin and it's bugging me a bit.

- The finish: The outer stitching starts to come off already, since this is 3-finger open so it seems like they just made a full finger cover at first then use the scissors to cut of the tip of those 3 fingers and that's it, look and feel unfinished on those open cut.

- Quality: it's padded in the palm area so good support for your normal open bridge, overall good quality but not great.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good and bad..sorta.

I have used all three: molonari, cyborg on and predator second skin.

The molonari 1st gen was one of the first company's to produce a higher quality glove compared to the cheaper 10 gloves that didn't last more than a few weeks but after 3 months the palms, Velcro stitching and finger tips all wore out. At 25..those became expensive.

Trying the cyborg on gloves..the main difference was the Velcro wrist strap was now on the top of the wrist or backhand compared to underneath. The palm area had a grippy rubber octogan design..that wore off in just a few hours. Essentially the fit was better than the molinari..but the materials were identical just placed in a different style.

Finally the new predator second skin glove ..was price at 25 usd msrp..so in the range of high gloves. The fit was much tighter on both hands and fingers. The materials used were tighter weaves so the shaft slide much. Smoother..but the fingers were simply cut off on both thumb and finger area without any threading to prevent wear. So I suspect this will be the first place to show signs of wear and tear.

I believe the 2nd gen molonari will be identical to predator second skin. Not sure yet as I've only seen pics and not ijm person.

At this point my fav is the second skin..but I'll have to use it a few more months before I have a final decision. On which is best.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I try to not wear a glove. It only goes on when sweat or humidity interferes with the glide.

I think wearing a glove is like wearing a condom. Both feel like getting into the bathtub with your socks on!

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying the cyborg on gloves..the main difference was the Velcro wrist strap was now on the top of the wrist or backhand compared to underneath. The palm area had a grippy rubber octogan design..that wore off in just a few hours. Essentially the fit was better than the molinari..but the materials were identical just placed in a different style.

Do you plant your palm or slide once you’re down to shoot....? Just curious. I have been shooting with a Cyborg for 2 months now. Washed it like 6 times. Mine shows no sign of wear. My Molinari didn’t wear bad. But my Kamui and Predator Gloves look like I had dropped them in a paper shredder.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look for PNS gloves off ebay and maybe Amazon, from what
I can tell, same glove as the Molinari and the other higher end gloves.
My son has a cheap PNS one and a Molinari, if you don't look at the logo, can't tell them apart.
The new Predator seems to be the same type of design as those.

PNS recently went up on their prices as well.
They used to be $6.50.
And that was ok considering the pad inside the glove is actually on the inside of the glove and the velcro is stitched shut.
They're Molinari throwaways. Stuff that doesn't come out ok from the Molinari factory gets labeled PNS.

None of these gloves cost much more than a buck to produce.
But if Shane and Earl wear it.....let's just sell them for 25 bucks instead.
People will still bite.

I have been using a thin cold weather glove for a really really long time.
Cost was somewhere around 5 bucks on Amazon.

Also for a while I used a scuba diver glove insert.
Unlike the thin cold weather glove, it is make from the EXACT same material as all these pool gloves are but the cost is maybe 4 dollars.
And they're making profit.

All these pool glove companies are laughing it up....all the way to the bank.

Back to the standard pool glove, I think the Longoni Sultan gloves are the best gloves I've tried .
Double stitched. Never come apart, not for me.
Really good stuff.
http://www.longonicues.com/longoni-...sories/longoni-accessories/446-longoni-gloves

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultra skin super soft pro

I got a Revo shaft when they first came out and love with the Soft Predator tips that they come with.
I've had to replace mine once.
No brainer for me; got another Predator Soft.
Really love those tips.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. ! I didn’t know that about pns gloves. A friend uses them because he gets them cheap. Honestly I feel they are all about the same just different price depending who you buy them from. I picked up one medermott makes for my brother in law and it looked the same as the rest lol I feel like they our all coming out of the same Chinese factory just with different names.

PNS recently went up on their prices as well.
They used to be $6.50.
And that was ok considering the pad inside the glove is actually on the inside of the glove and the velcro is stitched shut.
They're Molinari throwaways. Stuff that doesn't come out ok from the Molinari factory gets labeled PNS.

None of these gloves cost much more than a buck to produce.
But if Shane and Earl wear it.....let's just sell them for 25 bucks instead.
People will still bite.

I have been using a thin cold weather glove for a really really long time.
Cost was somewhere around 5 bucks on Amazon.

Also for a while I used a scuba diver glove insert.
Unlike the thin cold weather glove, it is make from the EXACT same material as all these pool gloves are but the cost is maybe 4 dollars.
And they're making profit.

All these pool glove companies are laughing it up....all the way to the bank.

Back to the standard pool glove, I think the Longoni Sultan gloves are the best gloves I've tried .
Double stitched. Never come apart, not for me.
Really good stuff.
http://www.longonicues.com/longoni-...sories/longoni-accessories/446-longoni-gloves