Predator Revo Shaft Weight

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how much a 12.9mm Revo shaft should weigh or does Predator have a spec for weight? I have two Revo Shafts, both 12.9mm. One of them weighs 3.6 ounces and the other weighs 4.1. Thats a huge variation IMO. So much that the shafts are not really interchangeable on my cue. It completely changes the cue balance.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were they both purchased new? I believe Predator can build to custom weights via special order, pretty sure I heard that somewhere. If the lighter was purchased used possible it was done on request?

I just weighed my Revo playing shafts that I have with the following results:

12.4 with 5/16x14 - 4.0
12.4 with Uniloc - 4.0
11.8 with Uniloc - 3.9
12.4 30" with Uniloc - 4.1

So they're all pretty close to 4.0 with just a +/- of 1/10 ounce. 3.6 is definitely getting on the light side. I'm used that sort of weight variance with wood shafts but wouldn't expect that with carbon, but definitely possible something slipped through QC out of tolerance.

Zerksies

The revo shafts have an acceptable range to them. Both of mine has a weight of 3.9 ounces. Also my 12.4 shafts are 12.495mm and 12.49mm. So i do have variances to them. Shafts can be custom made by them with any weight. I think they were in the $600 range the last time i seen them and was about 8 weeks to make.

TrxR

Does anyone know how much a 12.9mm Revo shaft should weigh or does Predator have a spec for weight? I have two Revo Shafts, both 12.9mm. One of them weighs 3.6 ounces and the other weighs 4.1. Thats a huge variation IMO. So much that the shafts are not really interchangeable on my cue. It completely changes the cue balance.
Do they have the same tip? Is one tip much shorter than the other?

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were they both purchased new? I believe Predator can build to custom weights via special order, pretty sure I heard that somewhere. If the lighter was purchased used possible it was done on request?

I just weighed my Revo playing shafts that I have with the following results:

12.4 with 5/16x14 - 4.0
12.4 with Uniloc - 4.0
11.8 with Uniloc - 3.9
12.4 30" with Uniloc - 4.1

So they're all pretty close to 4.0 with just a +/- of 1/10 ounce. 3.6 is definitely getting on the light side. I'm used that sort of weight variance with wood shafts but wouldn't expect that with carbon, but definitely possible something slipped through QC out of tolerance.
yes, they were both purchased new but 2-3 years apart

Zerksies

for one thing I would expect revo shafts to be consistent across the board. and one thing i am learning they are not. They are very close but not perfect from one shaft to another.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like natural variation to me, and definitely not a huge variation. 3.5oz to a little over 4oz seems to be the normal range.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some info I found on the Predator site.

With regards to customization, weights of 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 are available. While not stated, tolerances would still apply I believe as backed up by the second link I'll post:

Here their support states the target production weight range is 3.8-4.2, so some degree of variability is definitely to be expected.

Not sure if there is anything they can do to adjust the weight on an existing shaft, but could be worth asking about

Reactions: CJH

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just some info I found on the Predator site.

With regards to customization, weights of 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 are available. While not stated, tolerances would still apply I believe as backed up by the second link I'll post:

Here their support states the target production weight range is 3.8-4.2, so some degree of variability is definitely to be expected.

Not sure if there is anything they can do to adjust the weight on an existing shaft, but could be worth asking about
Great info thanks

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like natural variation to me, and definitely not a huge variation. 3.5oz to a little over 4oz seems to be the normal range.
1/2 ounce lighter might not make much difference to a full cue but 1/2 oz. in the shaft alone is 12.5 % of 4 ounces and absolutely changes the cue balance dramatically. What may be a insignificant variation for you is unplayable for me unless I want to spend hours adjusting to the new setup.

Zerksies

1/2 ounce lighter might not make much difference to a full cue but 1/2 oz. in the shaft alone is 12.5 % of 4 ounces and absolutely changes the cue balance dramatically. What may be a insignificant variation for you is unplayable for me unless I want to spend hours adjusting to the new setup.
If you are using a predator butt they have the adjustable weights and if you change the order of the weights you can slightly tweak the balance point.