Predator Revo shafts everywhere at the DCC

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think they will , I have not heard any talk of that, I to would want one.

I asked the predator rep if 30" shafts, or partials, or other joints would be coming out. He said nothing would surprise him, as he's seen several various prototypes of different lengths, diameters, tapes, joints, etc.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Do you think they will , I have not heard any talk of that, I to would want one.

Just get a mid cue extension from NewSheriff to go from that joint to a Uni-Loc quick release and you're all set. I got one for my Schon and I love how the longer cue plays with the Revo.

_______

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The writing is on the wall. I haven't tried a Revo but after playing with my Becue, I would never go back to a wooden shaft. The consistency is just amazing.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
The writing is on the wall. I haven't tried a Revo but after playing with my Becue, I would never go back to a wooden shaft. The consistency is just amazing.

I'm not sure about Becue, but Revo shafts do vary from one piece to another. They do behave slightly different (in the context of being used on a cue), just like maple shafts of the same make (e.g. 314, OB Pro, Wx700, etc). Is it an issue of weight or whatever? Sorry, I can't answer that objectively; I just know it's different.

I was disappointed at first because I genuinely thought they are now able to create a shaft that plays exactly the same regardless of which one you pull off the shelf. But oh well, on the bright side, variety is the spice of life I suppose.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure about Becue, but Revo shafts do vary from one piece to another. They do behave slightly different (in the context of being used on a cue), just like maple shafts of the same make (e.g. 314, OB Pro, Wx700, etc). Is it an issue of weight or whatever? Sorry, I can't answer that objectively; I just know it's different.

I was disappointed at first because I genuinely thought they are now able to create a shaft that plays exactly the same regardless of which one you pull off the shelf. But oh well, on the bright side, variety is the spice of life I suppose.
How do you rule out the tip or any number of other factors as the source of variation?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I love the Revo shaft. My game has improved so much with it. Since switching to the Revo, I’ve won $4,875 in local tournaments (I’ve played in 13 tournaments w/Revo). It’s not the only reason but it sure has helped me become constant. Worth every penny

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked the predator rep if 30" shafts, or partials, or other joints would be coming out. He said nothing would surprise him, as he's seen several various prototypes of different lengths, diameters, tapes, joints, etc.

I was told it would probably be a year before they come out with additional joint configurations, and he didn't know which ones in particular would come out.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop...why not ask Mike Webb to change out the Revo joint to a 5/16 14 for you? Either that or use a mid cue conversion extension. Mitch

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they have a great product, they deserve the praise they're getting for it. I have tried one and it wasn't my cup of tea. I much prefer the hit of a Mezz cue and one piece maple shaft.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris... I was looking for a new shaft that hit like my old pre cat 314's. Couldn't find one that I liked. My friend got a demo Revo and I tried it out for a few minutes and loved it. My game still sucks though :(

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How many did you try out and how did you come to this conclusion? I have two Revo's and they hit exactly the same.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will be like when golf switched from persimmon to titanium 30 years ago. First models will be expensive as hell but as the price comes down they'll become more popular. Your average league player doesn't even use a $500 cue, let alone a $500 shaft.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop...why not ask Mike Webb to change out the Revo joint to a 5/16 14 for you? Either that or use a mid cue conversion extension. Mitch

That's also an option, thanks!
I'm in no hurry but if they don't come out with my joint option I might just do that.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Predator Cues most likely knows what they are doing with the marketing but not producing 30" shafts is a mistake, imo. I don't know how much weight the extra inch adds to the shaft but I think the 12.4/29" is too light although I can play fairly well with it and I'm sure others can too. It's just my opinion that a 30" REVO shaft would be an even better playing shaft.

I wonder what the consensus of opinion is about what is the most common joint type beside uni-loc and radial?

I'll just wait to see where they go from here. I have to think that other cue makers may be looking at this material as an alternative to maple wood.

JoeyA

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Predator Cues most likely knows what they are doing with the marketing but not producing 30" shafts is a mistake, imo. I don't know how much weight the extra inch adds to the shaft but I think the 12.4/29" is too light although I can play fairly well with it and I'm sure others can too. It's just my opinion that a 30" REVO shaft would be an even better playing shaft.

I wonder what the consensus of opinion is about what is the most common joint type beside uni-loc and radial?

I'll just wait to see where they go from here. I have to think that other cue makers may be looking at this material as an alternative to maple wood.

JoeyA

Uniloc is that popular? I see more 3/8-10 pin than uni-loc. I really dislike anything but a 3/8-10 or a radial. Seems like they get the job done fine, and easy enough fitting another shaft to them if the cue maker didn't "alter" the threads a bit ;)

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What will bring down prices is when other cuemakers develop their own shafts. It won't be overnight but I could see bigger manufacturers like McDermott, Viking and possibly Jacoby jumping on board in the next 10 years.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these in case I cross over to the dark side.

Attachments

• Roadline.jpg
    Roadline.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 559

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a month or so ago I was playing 9-ball league against my buddy and he had a Revo shaft - they certainly play well but I'm too big a fan of feeling wood grain between my fingers when I play.

I didn't notice anything dramatically different between them and the other LD cues I've played with but the Revo does not take any damage and I'd say that's it's biggest advantage.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Im a Predator fan as well as Mezz and have had dozens of both, some play great and some play like logs. No two shafts will ever be the same but the Revo will be the closest anything will ever come because its not wood and the makeup should be identical within. That being said, I have friends who are really good players and after trying the Revo shaft said they'll keep their money and stick with what they have. Its all personal preference, several people in my town bought them due to the hype and now they're for sale.

Here's a great quote by Heraclitus that sums it up...
"Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back"

Find out what the warrior is playing with...