Predator thinnest stick

cramh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
I am looking after a predator cue.
I have three questions:
First, I am interested by the thinnest possible stick. Concerning this variable, is there any difference among the Ikon2, P3 and Throne series?
Is the P3 without wrap, thinner than the P3 with wrap, the Ikon 2 series and the Throne (these cues being only proposed WITH wrap)?
Secondly, are there any OTHER brand cue sticks which iare thinner than the predator sticks?
And last question, concerning the balance of the stick: If Iuse the Predator Uni-Loc Weight Cartridge Kit to adjust the wheight of the stick, is it possible to change the balance of thes tick? For me, the sticks are too often too backwards balanced. Thus, if I add a weight, is there a possibility not to get the cue even more backwards balanced ?
Sorry for my English; I hope to be clear enough.
Marc

Last edited:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The p3 butt is like a bat, real big with or without a wrap.The other 2 is different and smaller.The icon will play like the throne cue but the p3 will play or feel much different.
The opinion on the P3 by most is very definite.You love it or hate it, no in between.Goodluck

cramh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The p3 butt is like a bat, real big with or without a wrap.The other 2 is different and smaller.The icon will play like the throne cue but the p3 will play or feel much different.
The opinion on the P3 by most is very definite.You love it or hate it, no in between.Goodluck

Thanks; thus the P3 is not for me.
Any other suggestion about my other questions (other thinner butt, weights, balance of the butt, etc.

i8ap4t

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you looked into OB or Lucasi? They have much thinner sticks than predator.

While I would recommend the OB, they are thin and have a very neutral/forward ballance.
Though Lucasi do Uniloc, and it's easy to get them supplied with a predator shaft. The lucasi option might suit better than the more expensive predators.

cramh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you looked into OB or Lucasi? They have much thinner sticks than predator.

While I would recommend the OB, they are thin and have a very neutral/forward ballance.
Though Lucasi do Uniloc, and it's easy to get them supplied with a predator shaft. The lucasi option might suit better than the more expensive predators.

Thanks for your advice; I will take a look. As I use uniloc 314.2 shafts, it is effectively important to find a compatible cue (and not nessacary a Predator one).

Marc

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure if you ask a custom cue maker he could nail your butt diameter within a .001 of an inch with a predator shaft for probably not much more than you will pay for a new Predator.

cramh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure if you ask a custom cue maker he could nail your butt diameter within a .001 of an inch with a predator shaft for probably not much more than you will pay for a new Predator.

In USA, probalbly true, but I live in Belgium!

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
I've been playing with a Predator Roadline and would say that it compares with the newer Lucasi butts and ikon or throne in regards to handle diameter. They all use uniloc and since the joints are either solid phenolic or phenolic and stainless will tend to make the Predator cues front heavy.

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been shooting with a wrapless P3 for the last 15 months. Honestly, I certainly notice the handle being thicker, but only when I shoot any other cue. As my main player, it always feels good out of the case, though. I feel that I'm able to hold more of the cue with the same light touch. I like the Uni-Loc for bar playing. In one second i'm ready to shoot. Locks up tight, breaks down easy.

Without any weights, the cue is front heavy. You can change the balance of the cue very easily depending on the placement of the various sized weights. The P3 hits like a tank, but it's a very cold hit.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In USA, probalbly true, but I live in Belgium!

I ship to Belgium fairly regularly. The import duty is rather high but as stated most any cuemaker can supply you with a butt to spec suitable to you.

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a bit of misinformation here.
Typically (not always), you'll find that cues made of denser woods tend to be thinner. In the Predator line, the Ikon series cues are the thinnest. Look for Ebony cues.