Predator Victory vs Kamui Black?

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coming from a Moori Quick tip but today I had a Predator Victory installed. Got league tonight and I will report back on my feelings towards the tip.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
For those who've tried both... Don't knot which to get on my new Lucasi cue.

I recently tried a predator victory.. I typically use kamui Medium and really disliked the feel of the predator tip. I might have been unlucky and got a bad one, it was installed professionally yet didn't hold it's shape very long before i had to had it cut and burnished again. For a cheap tip i'd reccommend triangle, for a higher end or layered i'd say ultraskin/moori or kamui

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I had my best night at league tonight. So, so far I don't have anything bad to report.. Lol. Actually I really liked the feel, spin, sound and control I felt with this tip. The only question now will be how well it holds its shape and compresses.. Cheers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
It is amazing how people discard the question and advertise other tips. related to your question kamui black is the way. Victory is not that good.

PhoenixVA

Old Rookie
Silver Member
lol... try scuffing your tip. No chalk = miscues

I agree. I have the Kamui clear black. Sure, after a week of playing with absolutely no maintenance whatsoever, other than chalking, they will glaze enough to miscue IF I use an extreme amount of english, especially draw. Then again, most tips will glaze over after repeated use and no maintenance whatsoever, at least in my experience. I have one of those rubber chalk holders with the built-in shaper/scuffer on the opposite side from the chalk, and before every session of playing, I give it just the slightest amount of scuff, and I have absolutely no miscuing issues whatsoever. The good thing about the scuffer, is that it takes nearly none of the tip away, so it's not like it's making it wear out really. I don't have to grind the heck out of it, either. I'd rather take a few seconds (literally) and give my tips a slight scuff before every session, than take my chances on losing.

Again, I've only had these a couple of weeks, so if I have any more issues I will post them, but so far, so good.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a predator tip on a Z2. Made sense that I should try it. Shot two weeks with it and cut it off immediately and went back to Kamui. I like the blackheart tips as well but stay away from the predator tips. I know about 5 people here that have tried them and all of them have switched.

sawtex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got about thirty hours on the Outsville soft with no mushrooming and it will grip the cue ball as well as the Morei soft on my other shaft. Like it allot so far.