Predator WPA World Teams Championship (10 Ball), 8-12 Nov, Puerto Rico, Winning Team $120K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love team pool :LOL:
16 teams, $300K prize fund. Winning team walk away with $120K . Most teams have 3 players so $40K each if they win (y)
Teams
Because there is 1 point for women singles and 1 point for mixed doubles, the women player(s) is key and it is not good enough just to have 2 strong 800+ men players. So the favorites will be defending champion Philippines, Taiwan, Austria, Japan.
16 teams.jpg

Stage 1 Round Robin Tables / Fixtures

Format
format wt.PNG

Prize Fund
pf1 wt.PNG

Free Stream

Attachments

• teams wt.PNG
    teams wt.PNG
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,538
Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes the women players are crucial. couple questions though.. roland? phil burford? no china team? taiwan are the favorites here for me. philippines with raga or chua would be favorites otherwise

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Somebody should tell "Baby Ko" he's switching teams. That would be a killer Bro-Bro-Sis team.

Guy Manges

Registered
I love team pool :LOL:
16 teams, $300K prize fund. Winning team walk away with $120K . Most teams have 3 players so $40K each if they win (y)
Teams
Because there is 1 point for women singles and 1 point for mixed doubles, the women player(s) is key and it is not good enough just to have 2 strong 800+ men players. So the favorites will be defending champion Philippines, Taiwan, Austria, Japan.

View attachment 725509

Format
View attachment 725514

Prize Fund
View attachment 725515

Free Stream
Lin and Rita... Wow... Guy

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
For Philippine team they invited Garcia instead of Raga. I think to level it. Biado, Amit and Chezka hold world championship titles, putting Raga in there, that's dominance.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stage 1 Round Robin Tables/ Brackets
4 groups of 4 teams each. 8 seeded teams- Top seeds are Philippines, Germany, Taiwan, GB followed by Japan, Austria, Poland, Spain
Each group has 2 seeded teams. Looks like only the team that tops the table will qualify for semifinals so will close fight amongst the 2 seeds in each group to qualify
I like this seeded round robin format which is the format used in most major sports

rr1.JPG

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder if the shoot outs will be exciting or a bit of a bummer.
They’re just like soccer shootouts, which everyone loves! *sarcasm* They’ve got to drop these shootouts. They’re a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on Predator, let Mrs Styer play for USA, her husband is already there! +70 Fargo over April.
It’s kind of amazing that there isn’t one USA woman above 700. Our highest, Jennifer Baretta, is 680 but I don’t think she’s playing (pro) any longer.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Round 1 starts today about 9 hours from now
On Youtube stream https://www.youtube.com/@ProBilliardTV
Table 1 Philippines v USA
Table 2 Spain v Puerto Rico
Defending Champion Philippines is big favorite to win 1st set Women singles and 3rd set Mixed Doubles. So best route for USA to upset Philippines is to win both 2nd set singles &4th set singles and force a 5th set shootout. Team Shootout (by rotation) will pile immense pressure on Philippines to win and lead to meltdown. :LOL:
Host Puerto Rico is big underdog to Spain. No 800+ player while Spain has 2.

round 1.JPG

16 teams.jpg

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
USA upset win over the Philippines in a shootout. A surprising number of missed shots from both teams. USA squandered a 2 to 0 lead.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looks like a really nice event, although it's odd that some countries have a team of three and others a team of four.

I have a feeling that Team Germany, though not the favorite, is dangerous in this spot, with WCOP silver medalists Filler/Neuhausen being joined by Pia Filler, who showed very solid form at the International, with a 10-8 loss to Niels and a win over Rodney Morris.

Good luck to all these fine players.