Predator's new $79 chalk...

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$79 chalk...lots of debate and controversy on the price and whether it's made by Taom...What do you guys think? Have at it Az:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I've been wondering, is masters chalk bad these days? All I've ever used is masters since that is what is available at the halls. I never bothered getting chalk to carry around.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best chalk for the money is still the blue diamond or Magic. Smoother than Masters, not as crazy priced as the others. I remember when paying $4 a chalk was crazy LOL
I like blue diamond

I think it's about three dollars a cube which last me at least six months…

Zerksies

Only knowing Taom and that V10 is harder than Pyro. It kinda fits that they leased the Taom formula. And medium is a combo of both. I’ll save the cash and by my V10

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best chalk for the money is still the blue diamond or Magic. Smoother than Masters, not as crazy priced as the others. I remember when paying $4 a chalk was crazy LOL
Idk, the magic chalk I got recently seems different in formula and not as good as my old ones.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk, the magic chalk I got recently seems different in formula and not as good as my old ones.
You may be right, although my memory may be faulty. The ones I got when they first were sold seemed smoother than the latest ones without the "Russia" on the package.

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be right, although my memory may be faulty. The ones I got when they first were sold seemed smoother than the latest ones without the "Russia" on the package.
spot on, exactly how I feel. I'm nearly all out of my old magic chalk and don't like the new ones as much. Won't be buying anymore since the quality changed.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was wondering about the 'new' formulation. Guarding my box of the 'old' Russisn Magic Chalk like it was $100 a cube. Stuff lasts forever. Can't remember the last time had any miscue.

kat