Pro One Visuals and Sweeps

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I don't look at angles - I have 5 visuals with 2 sweeps so 10 possibilities to choose from to make all balls in 1 direction :) Most go with 2 visuals.

I understand you not answering .:wink:

You may know where im heading with this.:smile:

(When one masters this system, it is shocking as to how LITTLE information you need to pound a ball into a pocket.

If you can so much as touch a rail and have a clue as to where you're standing --- as well as seeing the OB/CB -- that's all you need to make the shot. )

Dont be sold by the above,ITS so far from the truth when it comes to aiming its funny.:)

Wish it was that easy for me Dave.:grin:

Anthony

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching some of Gerry's videos. Mostly the ones where he calls out the visual and sweep. I would try to guess the visual and sweep before every shot, and I think I learned something.

It seems that the majority of shots are played with an A or C visual. B is used with slightly steeper cuts at closer distances.

Shots with a 0-? degree are shot with an outside sweep. As the angle increases, the same visuals are used, but it's shot with an inside sweep to help cut the ball more. Below is an example.

The 1 ball is made with CB(A). The visuals are CTE/C with an outside (left) sweep.
The 2 ball is made with CB(B). Same visuals CTE/C, but using an inside (right) sweep.

Granted this is just something that I've observed, and might be incorrect. Hopefully Gerry or Stan can let me know if I'm right or wrong.

h30TAQQ6-h5vPYHerSGT.png

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You nailed it.

The straight in could be C left (which I prefer) or A right. Although your 1 ball on closer inspection isn't straight…so C left and C right for those shots is correct.

I've been watching some of Gerry's videos. Mostly the ones where he calls out the visual and sweep. I would try to guess the visual and sweep before every shot, and I think I learned something.

It seems that the majority of shots are played with an A or C visual. B is used with slightly steeper cuts at closer distances.

Shots with a 0-? degree are shot with an outside sweep. As the angle increases, the same visuals are used, but it's shot with an inside sweep to help cut the ball more. Below is an example.

The 1 ball is made with CB(A). The visuals are CTE/C with an outside (left) sweep.
The 2 ball is made with CB(B). Same visuals CTE/C, but using an inside (right) sweep.

Granted this is just something that I've observed, and might be incorrect. Hopefully Gerry or Stan can let me know if I'm right or wrong.

h30TAQQ6-h5vPYHerSGT.png

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
When your not getting responses, its not that you have stumped someone with your questions. It because you have this continuous line of questions that seems to go know where.Your very hard to follow.

Just wanted a number.:)

Well it seem's like you guys cant give me one.

Auf wiedersehen!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You nailed it.

The straight in could be C left (which I prefer) or A right. Although your 1 ball on closer inspection isn't straight…so C left and C right for those shots is correct.

Sweet!

Heading up to practice in about an hour. Hopefully this new found knowledge will be helpful.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Dude - I told you I have 10 possibilities in each direction. But I DO NOT ever look for or think angles.

I think pro1 will become a series,maybe in episode 3 you could help Stan out,you do it very well.
His a,b,c and lets not forget, his one shot quote has gone to 10 possibilities in one direction.(2 ways equals 20.)

So now pro1 is 20 possible shots.:rolleyes:

No wonder people are having trouble,and then we have the specail sweep.
To much for me,you guys were rite ,im clueless.:smile:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think pro1 will become a series,maybe in episode 3 you could help Stan out,you do it very well.
His a,b,c and lets not forget, his one shot quote has gone to 10 possibilities in one direction.(2 ways equals 20.)

So now pro1 is 20 possible shots.:rolleyes:

No wonder people are having trouble,and then we have the specail sweep.
To much for me,you guys were rite ,im clueless.:smile:

Let's assume a straight in shot and gradually increase the angle for a cut to the right.

Visuals are CTEL/C.

A left sweep would cover all angles between 0 and X (not sure what the threshold is). Then you can do a right sweep to cover the remaining angles. Up to a certain point, of course, and then you would need to change visuals.

For someone that has "spent more time with Pro One than anyone else on here", you sure do have a limited understanding of how it works.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I understand you not answering .:wink:

You may know where im heading with this.:smile:

(When one masters this system, it is shocking as to how LITTLE information you need to pound a ball into a pocket.

If you can so much as touch a rail and have a clue as to where you're standing --- as well as seeing the OB/CB -- that's all you need to make the shot. )

Dont be sold by the above,ITS so far from the truth when it comes to aiming its funny.:)

Wish it was that easy for me Dave.:grin:

Anthony

Why do you think it's far from the truth? Just curious.

That's all the info needed to pocket a ball.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Why do you think it's far from the truth? Just curious.

That's all the info needed to pocket a ball.

Dave when I get time I will post a video for you(anyone) to look at and test for yourself.

What the cb is doing and its speed when it hits the ob plays a big part on how our ob leaves towards the pocket.I know this is obvious but its a big eye opener once you test it for youself.(no aiming system gets around this)

Which brings up maybe why Earl told me he likes spinning balls in,it offers a truer roll.

Anthony

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dave when I get time I will post a video for you(anyone) to look at and test for yourself.

What the cb is doing and its speed when it hits the ob plays a big part on how our ob leaves towards the pocket.I know this is obvious but its a big eye opener once you test it for youself.(no aiming system gets around this)

Which brings up maybe why Earl told me he likes spinning balls in,it offers a truer roll.

Anthony

I'm interested in seeing it. Thx

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty common shot that can come up in one pocket quite often. I practiced shooting at this ball with different visuals and sweeps. Found out it banks back easily with a 1/8 overlap and right sweep.

WVufzqKAbrLyloPv-DZU.png

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you are close to the B visual going away with 4 diamonds but I see B right to the corner and C right banked back. C Right could be B left as well - I believe the two are interchangeable.

http://youtu.be/xvzKsbt86y8

Stan - please confirm. If I am wrong I learned something new today :)

Thanks Bieber - this stuff helps everyone working on Pro One / CTE aiming.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you are close to the B visual going away with 4 diamonds but I see B right to the corner and C right banked back. C Right could be B left as well - I believe the two are interchangeable.

No, thank you for posting that video. One of us is right about the visual, and I'd guess it's probably you.

Here's what's really cool though. It makes the shot (in either pocket) really easy. This is one of those shots I'd love to see how many times a "feel" player could make out of 5 attempts.

Edit: Maybe you could try this, because it's one I couldn't get last night. CB at the same location, but OB in dead center of the table. Try to bank it in the same pocket. I forget what visuals I was using. I was able to get it on the path, but couldn't avoid the kiss.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2 very nice shots! Gerry.

I agree with your visuals and sweeps.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing that is often overlooked is how often the CTE visuals are used. Gerry's 2 shot diagram is an example of how 2 very common CTE visuals offer solutions to even the toughest of shots.

Yesterday I videoed a race to 7 with the 9-ball ghost on my Diamond 10 foot. I won 7-3 and as I reviewed the video, I realized that most every shot was A or C on the thick side and there were only a few B shots.

The shots outside of the CTE visuals numbered about 5.

I had intended to put this video on Vimeo but my video camera was too close to a speaker. I planned on playing my music at an extremely low level so I would not be violating any copyright regulations.

Stan Shuffett