Proficient Billiards

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys made that choice easy

Wow thanks guys for all the replies. It looks like I have my answer. It will be going to Proficient. I wish I knew who to post before and after pictures. I'll take some any way just in case I ever figure it out. Thanks again for the input. JUSTABANGER

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had three cues done by Proficient and then flipped them for a nice profit because they looked better than new. I'm talking to him about him selling and escrowing a beauty that I just came across. Check out his website. It's fascinating.

You can't go wrong with proficient. Quick turnaround, and loads of experience. I would trust Scott with any cue out there. I've never heard a bad word about proficient. You have no worries.

Yeah, and you can't beat the price ($100 plus shipping costs) that he charges for a refinish with a new linen wrap.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid a well known and respected cue maker to refinish an expensive cue. After spending $300.00 it came back with cross grain sanding marks in the forearm. We had a nasty argument about it and he begrudgingly agreed to refinish it again on his dime. I got it back in a few weeks with a so so finish. I gave up and called that a loss and sent it to Scott at Proficient. About two weeks total time and about $200.00 including shipping and insurance it came back better than it ever looked. GO WITH PROFICIENT!!!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as I've heard about Proficient, and that's for many years now, I've never heard one single word of complaint about them. They've done Balabushkas, Szambotis, etc. Last time I checked there were pictures of finished cues on their web site.
Always heard good things about Ryan, too.