Quality Cues no trust

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought many cues from Mike. Traded them back and made package deals with him. Not once has he disappointed me. Mike is very meticulous in his examination of cues and has never misrepresented any to my knowledge.

The only disappointments I have had are that "I" have not acted soon enough or tried to low ball Mike :grin: on a few cues. Nobody to blame but myself.

junrong94

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice!

Cal

In fairness, you recently had an attempted transaction with fast Lenny where you promised him payment twice (the 2nd promise in a thread) and then stiffed him twice. I'm not sure Mike can be blamed for not figuring he had a transaction with you until you actually paid him.

Rudy, lets assume for a moment that Mike didn't notice the dings (or maybe even dinged them when wrapping the cue for shipment or maybe they got dinged during shipment) and if you never mentioned them upon receipt of the cue, you really can't blame the man for not addressing a problem he didn't know about. You sent him the cue, he noticed it, and he mentioned it, as he always will. Your telling him "it was like that when you sold it to me" sounds a little lame. Who are you really mad at here, isn't it yourself? Sounds to me like you assumed Mike knew about the dings when he sent it to you and you have to admit there's a million other possibilities, none of which you can understand because you didn't mention your dissatisfaction. What is known for a fact is that you knew about the dings when you traded the cue to Mike. Did you disclose?

I've seen complaints about Mike being really picky about the cues he buys, way pickier than me, but I'm quite sure he's not buying cues with disclosed flaws and then complaining about them. He likes to represent his cues as a seller using quite glowing terms and he has a right to get what he pays for as a buyer. All that being said, I've never dealt with the man.

Thanks

Kevin
Rep for you Sir! Well said!

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I've bought several cues from Mike over the years and always found him to be a straight shooter and an honest cue broker. Perhaps as Mike said there was miscommunication between the both of you.

Your choice is to not deal with him in the future and that's fair. I'm quite sure you won't hurt his feelings.

lcbur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
trust

I made a mistake once: I thought I was wrong but later found out that I was right.

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Mike states I didn't formalize in writing the deal.....

Here is his actual response

"Before I opened up your PM confirming the deal, a guy called and offered to trade me a Searing for the Runde + some cash, and I agreed to the deal. The guy is shipping me the Searing today. Sorry, but first come, first served."

Sorry mike your a loser. The only good thing about this is I didn't waste money shipping.

And let's not forget about the other deal we had where you couldn't find the shafts to the cue when you were supposed to ship.

Utter lying.. This is why your an attourney...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Fliedout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Over the years I've bought a Tascarella, a Josswest and a Scruggs from Mike. Each was exactly as advertised, and there were no problems. But I'm a lawyer too, so why believe me?

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've bought several cues from Mike over the years and always found him to be a straight shooter and an honest cue broker. Perhaps as Mike said there was miscommunication between the both of you.
Mike and I have done MANY deals the last few years and not once have we had a problem of any kind. He is a man I'd deal with without a second thought........

James

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
I'll strike my negative attourney comment. I am not claiming that all lawyers are liars. Just 1

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Ive said my point, my frustration is behind me. Let's let this post stop.

I'm sure there are much more interesting things on the forum and I don't want to waste other az members time.

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Over the years I've bought a Tascarella, a Josswest and a Scruggs from Mike. Each was exactly as advertised, and there were no problems. But I'm a lawyer too, so why believe me?

Its 98% of attorneys that give the other 2% a bad name.

Last edited:

Rudy likes poll

Rudy likes pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
just my own opinion.

1) Mike Gartland must have noticed the two small dings when he had the Tascarella cue. he couldn't have missed the dings with the way he inspects the cues. He knew about the dings and he shipped the cue to me without mentioning it. the only reason to me is "he thinks those are just two tiny dings". when i traded the cue back to him, why did i have to pay for the dings that he gave me ?

2) the cue was packed with 100% protection and it had reached to safe & sound. The tube box looked like new. It could not be damaged during the international shipment.

3) i did not ding the cue.

4) i'm very sorry that Mike Gartland did not give me a fair deal like he's given to other 114 people.

i'm not a cue dealer.
i'm just a pool lover and cue lover.
i'm not here to set up any enemy.
i'm just telling a story that happened to me.

thank you ~

Rudy, lets assume for a moment that Mike didn't notice the dings (or maybe even dinged them when wrapping the cue for shipment or maybe they got dinged during shipment) and if you never mentioned them upon receipt of the cue, you really can't blame the man for not addressing a problem he didn't know about. You sent him the cue, he noticed it, and he mentioned it, as he always will. Your telling him "it was like that when you sold it to me" sounds a little lame. Who are you really mad at here, isn't it yourself? Sounds to me like you assumed Mike knew about the dings when he sent it to you and you have to admit there's a million other possibilities, none of which you can understand because you didn't mention your dissatisfaction. What is known for a fact is that you knew about the dings when you traded the cue to Mike. Did you disclose?

I've seen complaints about Mike being really picky about the cues he buys, way pickier than me, but I'm quite sure he's not buying cues with disclosed flaws and then complaining about them. He likes to represent his cues as a seller using quite glowing terms and he has a right to get what he pays for as a buyer. All that being said, I've never dealt with the man.

Thanks

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
1) Mike Gartland must have noticed the two small dings when he had the Tascarella cue. he couldn't have missed the dings with the way he inspects the cues. He knew about the dings and he shipped the cue to me without mentioning it. the only reason to me is "he thinks those are just two tiny dings". when i traded the cue back to him, why did i have to pay for the dings that he gave me ?

2) the cue was packed with 100% protection and it had reached to safe & sound. The tube box looked like new. It could not be damaged during the international shipment.

3) i did not ding the cue.

4) i'm very sorry that Mike Gartland did not give me a fair deal like he's given to other 114 people.

i'm not a cue dealer.
i'm just a pool lover and cue lover.
i'm not here to set up any enemy.
i'm just telling a story that happened to me.

thank you ~

Its clear that you think you can read Mike's mind. You go so far as to quote his thoughts. So, considering that, I guess you had expectations that Mike could read your mind and somehow sense your dissatisfaction and somehow should have addressed the dings without you mentioning them to him. Sorry that didn't work out for you.

Way classier of you you to wait to mention the dings in some thread started by a guy upset because Mike sold a cue he wanted to someone else.

Kevin

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Guys guys...
Let's let this post go to sleep. I let out some frustration initially about mike and an agreement I thought we had but in his mind we didn't.

its turning into something much to large and I hope it can stop.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
Its clear that you think you can read Mike's mind. You go so far as to quote his thoughts. So, considering that, I guess you had expectations that Mike could read your mind and somehow sense your dissatisfaction and somehow should have addressed the dings without you mentioning them to him. Sorry that didn't work out for you.

Way classier of you you to wait to mention the dings in some thread started by a guy upset because Mike sold a cue he wanted to someone else.

Kevin

Hi Kevin:

You hit the nail on the head. I shipped a guy half way around the world a MINT, and I MINT, Tascarella cue -- no dings, dents or scratches whatsoever. He never says a word about any dings in any of the three pieces. When I get the cue back, there were sizeable dings in the shaft that Rudy played with. Imagine that? The cost to repair was $60.00. I offered to ship the cue back to him at my expense, and he declined. He instructs me to deduct $60.00 from what I owe him for the purchase price and wire him the difference, which I do that day. After he gets paid, he complains. Go figure. If he had any issue with the cue when he received it, that was the time to take the matter up with me. There was no issue becuase the cue was perfect, just like every other cue I have ever shipped. If he did not like it, he could have returned it, but he chose to accept it and never complained until after he was paid. Stay away from this guy!