Question for those that did Lasic?

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long did it take to adjust to being able to see?
I go in next Thursday to have the dirty deed done not dirt cheap. :smile:
I'm sure things will look different when I look at the balls and target ?

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lasix

Depends how bad your eyes are starting out. The worse the vision the more zapping you get. My eyes were bad so I got a lot. I had big halos around lights at night for at least a year. I waited a week before playing and that was too quick. Two weeks was seeing and hitting em good. Also depends weather you went for close in vision or far away vision. Although I have regressed through the years (15 years) I still see great enough. Going from poor vision to eagle eyes is fantastic. People who need just a small adjustment will not be as impressed with their new eyes as someone who has terrible vision. Don't touch your eyes! I had goggles for sleeping so I wouldnt accidentally rub my eyes while sleeping. Best money I ever spent. $4300 back then! I would pay twice that any day. Good luck.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends how bad your eyes are starting out. The worse the vision the more zapping you get. My eyes were bad so I got a lot. I had big halos around lights at night for at least a year. I waited a week before playing and that was too quick. Two weeks was seeing and hitting em good. Also depends weather you went for close in vision or far away vision. Although I have regressed through the years (15 years) I still see great enough. Going from poor vision to eagle eyes is fantastic. People who need just a small adjustment will not be as impressed with their new eyes as someone who has terrible vision. Don't touch your eyes! I had goggles for sleeping so I wouldnt accidentally rub my eyes while sleeping. Best money I ever spent. $4300 back then! I would pay twice that any day. Good luck.

That I worry about! I will be given some sort of goggles for sleeping, but every now and then I rub my eyes without thinking about it now, even when wide awake!
I hope I will be more aware of that action after the surgery? :embarrassed2:

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
For me it took about 2-3 weeks to adjust with the better eyesight. However, I think the reason it took that long is once I had the surgery I couldn't play for a month because I wasn't allowed to be near smoke (Doctor's orders).

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
For me it took about 2-3 weeks to adjust with the better eyesight. However, I think the reason it took that long is once I had the surgery I couldn't play for a month because I wasn't allowed to be near smoke (Doctor's orders).

Play where they don't smoke.................

Kim

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in trouble. I smoke.
Mt Mother didn't raise any quitters.

Last edited:

localguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will do the same deed once my vision stabilizes in the future.
Hope all goes well.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rubbing eyes.

That I worry about! I will be given some sort of goggles for sleeping, but every now and then I rub my eyes without thinking about it now, even when wide awake!

Might try just wearing some of those clear or yellow shooting glasses during the day. Ask your doc how long the ban on rubbing your eyes will last. Supposedly eyes are the fastest healing organs you have.

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might try just wearing some of those clear or yellow shooting glasses during the day. Ask your doc how long the ban on rubbing your eyes will last. Supposedly eyes are the fastest healing organs you have.

I know I will have to get some kind of safety glasses to wear at times.
I hate goggles, they are too hot to use outside on a summer day.
Goggles fog up from sweat too much.
Maybe I should teach my wife how to run the weed whacker? :grin:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
How old are you and what is the degree of correction? Are you over 40? If so, did the doctor tell you about monovision?

How many patients have your doctor treated and what kind of equipment? Everyone's eyes required different level of correction. Putting it into a 9-ball analogy and your eyes as a rack of 9-ball. How would you rate your doctor, ABCD, Pro? If your eyes require a +/- 3.0, its alot easier to correct than someone with +/- 9.0 diopter. Just like a rack of 9-ball, its easier to run 3-balls, than 9 balls.

Years ago, LASIK became widespread because of breakthrough in equipment (like low deflection shafts). Some doctors set up shop just by taking a weekend course and buying the equipment.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could see perfectly in two days. Have had perfect vision for years now with no side effects. Modern medicine is a miracle.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excuse spelling. I have a stigmitisim in left eye. Lets say over 60 and leave it at that:grin:

Can't see far or near, wear progressive lens glasses, never learned to play pool with glasses.

I smoke like a chimney.

Any hope for me getting it done or is someone starting a pool on when I die?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
According to this link, FDA limit of 6.0 diopter for astigmatism for LASIK.

http://www.lasikreviews.co.uk/lasik-eye-surgery-candidates-visual-strength-fda.htm

Also, there are other techniques of correction such as PRK, and cataract replacements. I had one doctor who me that if I had my left eye done as a cataract lens replacement it would be covered by my insurance. Whereas, my right eye (LASIK) would be considered cosmetic surgery (elective) and I would have to pay all out of pocket.

The higher your prescription, the more care you need in finding skilled doctor.

Excuse spelling. I have a stigmitisim in left eye. Lets say over 60 and leave it at that:grin:

Can't see far or near, wear progressive lens glasses, never learned to play pool with glasses.

I smoke like a chimney.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

24 hours.

Freddie <~~~ 8 or 9 years ago

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Technology improved by leaps in bounds. Get the latest technology.

The rubbing thing, don't worry about it. Millions of people have had this surgery.

Freddie <~~~ easily the best body modification I've ever done

jwcosenza97

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had mine done 3 years ago. Best $3000 I every spent. I am still 20/20 and I don't rub my eyes.

Technology is amazing because I was very blind. -9

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member

I had Presby Lasik to correct astigmatism, distance and near vision.

Took about 4 weeks before I was seeing really well. I still use eye moisture drops and Restasis to combat eye dryness.

2 years post Lasik one eye is 20/20 the other 20/15.

xxroodoggxx

xxroodoggxx
Silver Member
Also the best $ I ever spent. Left surgery at 4 pm Thursday an back at office 8 am Friday w 20/20 20/15. I can't speak on shooting because it was during the 10 yrs I took off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. **roo$t@r**

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I smoke like a chimney.

I'm 56 and have worn glasses since about age 11 or 12. The Dr. has done thousands of surgeries. My friend had it done by him about 9 months ago.
It's not cheap! I don't want cheap. I want it right.
I have astigmatism in both eyes and I am farsighted.
The DR. (Gladsden) is in Hagerstown. My regular eye Dr. told me he is very good at what he does.
I'm going to have just a better close vision in one eye and a little better distance in the other. Barely noticeable.
The Dr. claims I will have at least 20-20 when I leave the office and it will improve from there.
I will not even need reading glasses (supposedly).
Should I need to go back again because of my astigmatism, it does not cost much.(couple hundred) It may or may not have to be done again later.

Last edited: