Question - General Stretching

Johnsms3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,
I have a quick question for everyone. I haven't shot pool in probably 7 years.
I've been off work for the holiday season and was bored yesterday and decided to head down to the local bar and see if I remembered how to shoot.
Good news is I remembered how to shoot.
Bad news is my bridge arm was a challenge to stretch out onto the table and quickly became very stiff and now today it hurts; imagine that.

Are there any general stretching I can do prior to shooting?
Was thinking of getting back into league, but not if it's uncomfortable.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Be careful if you stretch out with your leg up on the rail, you can hit more balls than what's on the table, you could wear a cup.

Johnsms3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for this. Not sure about the spiderman though. I can do the others. lol

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings,
I have a quick question for everyone. I haven't shot pool in probably 7 years.
I've been off work for the holiday season and was bored yesterday and decided to head down to the local bar and see if I remembered how to shoot.
Good news is I remembered how to shoot.
Bad news is my bridge arm was a challenge to stretch out onto the table and quickly became very stiff and now today it hurts; imagine that.

Are there any general stretching I can do prior to shooting?
Was thinking of getting back into league, but not if it's uncomfortable.

We can see you are over 8-years old, however, rules for stretching differ between a healthy 20-30 YO and a healthy 70 YO.
A 70 YO has to approach the thing with a time frame of weeks, while a 30 YOU can approach the thing in a time frame of minutes-hours.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hold one hand at the wrist above my head - kinda ballet ish, and lean against the back muscles - lumbar and deltoids I guess. Switch sides and repeat. As far as your bridge arm, stretching out should be limited to the requirements of the shot.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Make sure you’re not supporting too much of your body weight with your bridge arm. That was an issue I had sporadically while learning and I started doing it again after a break in playing.