Rasson table for World Championships........................

dendweller

Looks are more of a personal preference . Myself I prefer the looks of a Diamond over any of the Rassons or Predators. I actually prefer the looks of a Diamond over a GC as well.
I'm confused by people saying the looks of the diamond sucks. I have a GC but I like the look of a diamond.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused by people saying the looks of the diamond sucks. I have a GC but I like the look of a diamond.
They are too boxy and bulky looking. They also have not been updated in appearance since they came out in 2000 or so.

It’s ok from a business standpoint as they sell all they can make. It also makes sense to keep manufacturing costs low by making the whole table out of 2D cut flat sheet goods.

It is what it is.

TrxR

They are too boxy and bulky looking. They also have not been updated in appearance since they came out in 2000 or so.

It’s ok from a business standpoint as they sell all they can make. It also makes sense to keep manufacturing costs low by making the whole table out of 2D cut flat sheet goods.

It is what it is.
Yet the same people love the GC which basically look the same from the 50s.

But as I said before it personal preference.

shooter_Hans

They look great and better looking than Diamond tables. I think the standard has dropped if people think Diamond are good looking.

There was a site 10-15 years ago where they sold nothing but vintage tables dating back to the late 1800's and those are what you think about when you think of pool table being in a home.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Huh?? Did you look at that frame?? I've seen $2000 Chinese home tables with stouter frames than this. The rolls you see in tourn. play are almost always due to poor set-up and not the table itself.
You’ve seen this guys other posts right?
Lmao what did you expect

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I saw this table in person yesterday at the expo. Aesthetically it looked super good. I didn’t hit balls on it though. It’s 5k retail. They will sell imo.

I also saw the predator 9’ table in person. Online, I never really liked its aesthetic. In person, I loved it. Did not hit balls. Will go back and hopefully be able to on both.

Both looked way better aesthetically than Diamond.
Now I know your full of it
Who hurt you on a diamond table, tell us
This is a safe space

JPB2

Playing ok short term vs. a long term investment are totally different things. This thing is probably ok for a tourn or house but it doesn't look built to handle anything more than that. I think Shaw's place has them but i seriously doubt he paid much if any for them. He's a Rasson staff guy and i'm betting they wanted them out in the public eye. Kind of reminds me of the old Murrey tables, played ok but weren't built for shit.
I’ve been thinking of this for a home table sometime this year. Good playing 9’ for 5k new is the selling point. Have a local Rasson dealer I like. But I do wonder about long term. I dunno. I don’t know that I’d live long enough to get to the fourth recovering. In a house where it isn’t abused? What do you think for 20 years? I like the look actually

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Saw this was the tourn. table so i looked it up. Other than the slate it looks like junk to me. Sketchy looking base and very flimsy looking frame if you want to call it that. Might be ok for one event or maybe a house but this thing is no commercial-grade table by any stretch. https://www.rasson.cn/acurra-mr-sung What's y'alls thoughts??
You’ve made some astute observations per what a proprietor of a hall near me told me and showed me at his hall. He had all Diamond Bar Boxes and a couple Diamond 9 footers. Then some of his customers pointed out “the pros are playing on those Rasson Tables now” when Rasson first came on the scene a few years ago. He bought 2 and put them in his hall. I popped in this hall about a month or so ago and noticed them and asked to rent one. He said I might prefer the Diamonds. He said the Rasson tables appeared fine for about a year, then he said he started having issues keeping them leveled and they had started to flex when leaned on and he’d tighten them up and relevel them and a month or 2 later he’d have to do it again.

I commented on this in a thread about the Premier Pool League recently held at Shaws place and had a member here that plays in that hall get very defensive and told of how they play great and have since they were set up in September, 6 months ago. These things are junk and that’s why they’re only 5K. As you noted, ok for an event, maybe the house but not commercial use, ok for a year or so and then become a problem.

Everyone raves about what Matchroom will do for pool. This is one of the insidious things that come with them though. Matchroom is in pool to make money. Queen Emily took millions of dollars from Rasson so Matchroom would name Rasson as the official table of Matchroom pool. Not because it’s the best table, but because Rasson ponied up the cash. Some here have noted “there’s been no complaints”. Of course not, many are now sponsored by Rasson like Shaw which is why he filled his hall with that junk. Even those not sponsored won’t speak up for fear of incurring the wrath of Emily for criticizing the “official table of Matchroom pool” which could affect their future. Look at this event as an example, Huong, He, and Yapp are professional players but are out of place in this field. They’re in it because Emily wants them in it so she can represent a “global game”. There are players not in it that can beat these 3 like a drum. So yeah, they’ll be a tour and the players will make more money and you’ll get to watch pool on junk tables, with grey cloth, funky colored balls and fields like this not comprised of the best players on equipment that isn’t the best equipment because these things serve Matchrooms agenda.

TrxR

You’ve made some astute observations per what a proprietor of a hall near me told me and showed me at his hall. He had all Diamond Bar Boxes and a couple Diamond 9 footers. Then some of his customers pointed out “the pros are playing on those Rasson Tables now” when Rasson first came on the scene a few years ago. He bought 2 and put them in his hall. I popped in this hall about a month or so ago and noticed them and asked to rent one. He said I might prefer the Diamonds. He said the Rasson tables appeared fine for about a year, then he said he started having issues keeping them leveled and they had started to flex when leaned on and he’d tighten them up and relevel them and a month or 2 later he’d have to do it again.

I commented on this in a thread about the Premier Pool League recently held at Shaws place and had a member here that plays in that hall get very defensive and told of how they play great and have since they were set up in September, 6 months ago. These things are junk and that’s why they’re only 5K. As you noted, ok for an event, maybe the house but not commercial use, ok for a year or so and then become a problem.

Everyone raves about what Matchroom will do for pool. This is one of the insidious things that come with them though. Matchroom is in pool to make money. Queen Emily took millions of dollars from Rasson so Matchroom would name Rasson as the official table of Matchroom pool. Not because it’s the best table, but because Rasson ponied up the cash. Some here have noted “there’s been no complaints”. Of course not, many are now sponsored by Rasson like Shaw which is why he filled his hall with that junk. Even those not sponsored won’t speak up for fear of incurring the wrath of Emily for criticizing the “official table of Matchroom pool” which could affect their future. Look at this event as an example, Huong, He, and Yapp are professional players but are out of place in this field. They’re in it because Emily wants them in it so she can represent a “global game”. There are players not in it that can beat these 3 like a drum. So yeah, they’ll be a tour and the players will make more money and you’ll get to watch pool on junk tables, with grey cloth, funky colored balls and fields like this not comprised of the best players on equipment that isn’t the best equipment because these things serve Matchrooms agenda.
Matchroom is playing both sides with tables as Diamond is also an official table for all open events.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Buying something because a pro or a league uses it will always be dumb. Do your own due diligence.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Matchroom is playing both sides with tables as Diamond is also an official table for all open events.
Yessss, but Rasson is “the official table of Matchroom pool” per their “business arrangement”. At the end of the day the best players in the world should play on the best equipment in the world at EVERY event. The best players should be playing in the World Pool Masters, not most of the best players with several “also rans” in the unseeded side so she can make it a “more diversified field” so the promoter can sell pool globally.

Sadly our sport has always suffered because no one would put any money in it because they couldn’t sell it to make money. But throughout the last 60 years while the sport always struggled to survive, events such as this had all the best players and played on the best equipment available. Now it appears with the advent of Matchroom, they’ll make money & pool will thrive but not always with the best players in the field or on the best equipment, the irony is staggering.

I don’t know. When you play a corner to side bank with a natural cb roll does the cb go in the side pocket on the rasson? You have to play 1/2” up for a Diamond to go. But at the same time you could argue a Diamond really does bank true and say a GC short-EDIT:long(not short). Just not in relation to how a ball normally hits the rail(rolling)……

TrxR

I don’t know. When you play a corner to side bank with a natural cb roll does the cb go in the side pocket on the rasson? You have to play 1/2” up for a Diamond to go. But at the same time you could argue a Diamond really does bank true and say a GC short-EDIT:long(not short). Just not in relation to how a ball normally hits the rail(rolling)……
I was reading thread on a snooker sight where a bunch of table mechanics were talking about how the steel backed cushion banked differently due to being stiffer. They tended to think its a more true bank due to less rail deflection. I'm thinking it's the same with the Diamonds as their rails being a butcher block style would tend to be stiffer.