Rasson vs. Diamond tables?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking on the Rasson website. They have a dealer center in TN and Cali.

Rasson website shows 5800 USD.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
A little bird told me....

A little bird told me this: Rasson not only provided the tables for Matchroom events, they also paid money to be the table sponsor through the end of next year.

I really want to install and play on one of these, the design looks solid. The main issue I see with them is this: Diamond has most of the market concerning players tables, how is Rasson going to charge the same amount when they have ZERO market share here? It is hard enough to sell new Diamonds that are made here in the USA at the price they are. How hard do you all think it will be to sell a table that is unknown for the same price? I think it is not a viable option unless the price was far less expensive. Just my 2 cents.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
We actually also have been making snooker and Chinese 8 pool tables for many years. We sell them in China and Europe markets. The Snooker tables that will be used for World Games 2017 will be from Rasson.

Carom table would be a new product we will develop very soon! Thanks for your concern.

Slates on all Rasson brand tables are 30mm and thicker than others' 1", which can guarantee a better stability of table and sound when play.

More details about Rasson tables, pls check our website www.rasson.cn

What pocket miter angles and down angles are you guys using?

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see some semi slick marketing, perhaps a a language barrier with their rep who has seemingly good intentions, and some........potential

what's your oem busniess?
who have you supplied?
which companies?
which parts?
which models?
what chinese 8 ball tables have you made?
how do you sell 10 000 tables with next to no models on your website?

btw, you offer neither the thickest slate on the market as advertised on you website nor a one piece, so nothing at all special from what I can see on that front

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little bird told me this: Rasson not only provided the tables for Matchroom events, they also paid money to be the table sponsor through the end of next year.

Trent from Toledo

It's actually a three-year deal - 2016, 2017 and 2018.

CMB1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Venom swears by it, says it's a great table. Maybe someone who's close to him can ask him about it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
that is ridiculous

it looks like a pro am. my guess is that it is a newer version of their Innovator table... in my opinion they "borrowed" the looks of their designs from Diamond and Brunswick from the start, but, that to me looks like they went into lawsuit territory....

Trent

Last edited:

ososlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it looks like a pro am. my guess is that it is a newer version of their Challenger table... in my opinion they "borrowed" the looks of their designs from Diamond and Brunswick from the start, but, that to me looks like they went into lawsuit territory....

Trent
True. The tables on the MFG site are all copys. I hate that.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
the video you posted is the Rasson Innovator model, the video that was originally posted looks exactly like a stickered up pro am.

Exactly.
The Diamond looks like it was bought after some tournament.
:D
Complete with all the sponsors' stickers.
Pretty cheesy move , I think.
Or a misrepresentation.
I'm surprised RKC has not gone nuts yet.

CMB1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he pay for it or was it some kind of sponsorship deal??

I think it's a sponsorship deal, but the guy can choose whichever sponsor to accept and he chose Rasson. according to a friend, venom has some good things to say about it.

pedro.botta.9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the process of choosing between two diamonds or two rasson tables for my room... has anybody had any more experiences with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk