Ray Martin video 14.1 Seminar

VKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Ray! An old friend and admirer here. It's Johnny Juback writing.

Sounds like all is good with you and I'm glad to hear it. I've actually had this video for many years and told tons of people about how great it is and that it's one of the best teaching videos ever made. I just got back into town and saw this thread so I had to write. I have a nice part in a movie called "Turn The River" that I hope will be comming out soon. I play a lawyer that plays big money pool and taught the lead actress how to shoot. The movie is not about pool but has a lot of pool in it.

I wasn't surprised at how brilliant your video is cause it made me think of all the 100's, 200's and even a few 300's you ran at the Clifton Billiard Lounge. Many of them while explaining to us what you were thinking as you ran them. Those were amazing times. What a way to learn 14.1. I remember how you played us 100 to 20 and I don't recall if we ever won. It was during the years when you were winning your 3 World Championships.

Because of work I've not been able to keep my game up but a number of years ago I ran aprox.168 give or take a few balls. It wasn't in competion but I was still happy with it. All of it due to your teaching and playing us kids at Clifton.

I think of you and the guys at Clifton often. Hope everyone is doing great.
My best regards to Alan. If you ever get up to NYC you've got to contact me. Dinner is on me.

All the best,

JJ

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi JOHNNY J
So good to hear from you after all these years,hope you are healthy and happy and wise,you know ALLAN quit pool a long time ago and i played up till a last year,the way they run the tournaments today you may play your last game at 4 or 5 in the morning and must play if your winning the next day at 10 am not for me. If or when the movie comes out please let me know i will go see it.
BEST REGARDS
RAY

VKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was so great seeing your posts at this site.

I try to get to a table once a month if possible. Sometimes I shoot pool balls on a snooker to try to get my eye back since I don't play that much. After shooting on the snooker table the pool table looks like a small bar table.

I know what you mean about tournys. I haven't been in one for years but I've watched many and the late night into the AM hours is not pool anymore it's an endurance test.

If I get down your way I'll look you up!

Anyway have a great Christmas and New Years and my best to your family.

JJ

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
CaptainHook said:
I live in North St.Pete near the Old K-Mart on 9th St N., it a straight shot out park blvd. I use to play at CM's in the late 80's to early 90's with Sam & Beth Massano.

You & I played some one hole a long time ago at the One Pocket club, that was Tom's park billiards after those two Brothers took it over, Charlie something, can't remember his last name. That was where you Autographed my first edition.

I use to play one hole with Eric and Little Donny Carlson, Big George and
Clean and Dirty Nick.

I use to travel around to all the pool hall's in the area, West Coast, Cm's, Keg & Cue, Side Pocket, Park Place, Crazy Cue, Tom's park, then they closed the Park BLVD location and moved to the second floor above the Speed shop on 34th st between 54th and 62nd ave N. after the brothers turned it into the One Pocket club and Bob's Family Billiards at 66th St & Ulmerton after he sold Crazy Cue to the idiot that would not turn the A/C on lol.

Now days I just stay at the Flamingo, as It's just down 9th street (now MLK )from my place, about 8 minutes and just around the corner from my office downtown.

I have not been to the other pool halls or bars in about 15 years.

I go to my Chiropractor every month or so, I was just a bit sore this past weekend and still a little sore today, when it flairs up I ice it 20 minutes every hour and helps, just over did it putting up the X-mas lights Friday evening.

:)

charlie jenkins?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Bump for the new guys in the forum

Not great video quality but a great lesson by Ray Martin.

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe he made 95 while conducting the clinic at the CUE CONECTION POOL HALL.,This clinic is a classic by the COOL CAT RAY MARTIN,>HALL OF FAMER.There is one other clinic put on at AMSTERDAM's by ROLANDO ARAVENA--2hours long on dvd [available for $15.00 + handling ].It has non stop everything from A to Z.>>PM<<me for his tell#He is our house pro at STROKERS here in fla. As for Al Baron his health has gone down hill,I am his mailman,he has so so many wonderfull stories and is a class guy.>>Ray Martin still makes the rounds and is also given lessons.

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Ray Martin ....

:eek:Wow....

really amazing to see such a legend writing here. When i started to play pool and tried to get books, material etc there was almost nothin worth to buy here. Then i found *the 99 critical shots* ....when i went down to the table with it i think i was several weeks *not available* for others-LOL

I was already so extremly excited when i was able to change some words with George Fels (on of my all-time heroes ^^) here on AZ- and now Ray Martin is also writing here-
This will be a great day for me- started with thinkin of the old days.....uhm....great :smile:

Ths Mr. Martin for a lot of impressions and makin me so many times upset when *workin* with your book ... hrhr

lg from overseas,

Ingo

cueconnection

I was there too, and going to actually guess 1990 (although it could have been 1989). I had just moved to NH at the time. Also, no my handle is not names after The Cue Connection pool hall where this was held. It must have been some kind of weird subconscious thing.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting a "404 error" can't find when I click on the link from the op....can anyone help ?