Redneck BB Table Rant

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Redneck Bar owners and there crappy Tables.

I live in a small town of Rednecks, While I love the genuine people in my town, I can't stand the Redneck attitude about Pool Tables.

Let me start with CHALK, All over the table and the floor. I almost killed myself trying to reach for a shot over the table. My foot slipped on the floor CHALK. My Blue Jeans are now powder white from the table.

The need to provide shorter sticks if you are going to put Pac-Man and Boxing Bag Games right next the the table. Oh and don't leave the Cue Ball on either rail because of the walls.

Of course if you don't like the roll on the table this week, just wait till the band plays this week end. They will slide the tables back and just might get them near enough to the lights to see.

Of course why am I crying when I can drive 35 miles to the nearest real pool hall.

BTW there is actually a Table in my town that still has the old Giant Mud Cue Ball that weights a ton. Let us not even talk about Cloth.

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could always do what we did at one bar. Stop putting the money in them until they fix them.

Of course, they might just take the tables out and put in a riding bull like they did here.:eek:

Neil

As much as I hate to admit, Most of the women in the bars are big enough to make fine Riding Bulls. In fact most have bigger butts than a Bull.

PS And I am only stating fact.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member

LOL that sounds like the table at the bar I go to. I was joking with my buddy the other night and went to brush the table, you should have seen the dust cloud that came up. I had to stop becuase the bar would have to be evacuated.:eek: And the giant grapefruit CB would still be there, but I smashed it into pieces when I was breaking.:bash: Now they got a new CB:thumbup:

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I know what you mean. That is par for the majority of places I've been to as well. I don't know what to say except you have to find a better place. I used to drive an hour to get to a place with a decent table to play on...It motivated me to get my room together. Good luck to you till then.

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
yeah, the bar boxes around here look like someone performed and alien autopsy with a chainsaw :barf:

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but can they *uck??? (that's "buck" for all you dirty-minded people :grin:)

Maniac

Maniac

THEMTHERE is Country girls. You better believe they can Buck and I have no desire to find out how hard.:eek:

Well there is nothing I can do to change the situation but My rant and your replies at least make me feel I am not alone. The kids and Cow Boys will still stick Quarters in the table and pour Baby powder all over it.

I'm spoiled. The local pub is a block away from my place, they have a sweet Valley-Dynamo bar table. The cloth is Simonis 860 which is brushed vacuumed and wiped down with Blue Coral Dri-Off upholstery cleaner and a microfiber cloth on a daily basis. The chalk is never worn down to next to nothing, and there is no baby powder or hand powder allowed. The table is level, the rails play dead true, and the balls are Aramith Super Pros with an Aramith green "S" 2.25" cueball. The house cues suck, but all the decent players bring their own cues anyway. Oh, and the house rules are the WPA rules modified slightly for coin op table.

If I feel like going to a Pool Hall, I have about 10 to choose from all within 35 mins max. Yeah it's rough for us pool players around here! :wink:

Glendale

Banned
Maniac

THEMTHERE is Country girls. You better believe they can Buck and I have no desire to find out how hard.:eek:

Well there is nothing I can do to change the situation but My rant and your replies at least make me feel I am not alone. The kids and Cow Boys will still stick Quarters in the table and pour Baby powder all over it.

LOL...I've been to those kinds of places. I'll bet the ferrules on the house sticks have chalk rings around em'. That's a given :thumbup:

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
If I feel like going to a Pool Hall, I have about 10 to choose from all within 35 mins max. Yeah it's rough for us pool players around here! :wink:

Man thats SICK. I just wish we had ONE decent poolroom around here. There is one bar that has (although I havent been there for a long time) decent bar tables. But I really would rather play on big tables.