Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Do you give mostly negative?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul Mon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you feel the need to rep every thread you believe stands out? I would rather REP and use the comments to tell why. Obviously, sometime you feel the need to reply. Just wondering. BTW, my first poll so forgive me if this somehow (read: 50% chance) gets messed up. So it was supposed to allow mutliple choise, but that didn't seem to work

Paul

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I give rep just occasionally, giving only when a poster makes an especially well-considered, well-researched, well-presented or otherwise creditworthy post. In my view, the comment left is much more important than the rep. If the post is truly extraordinary, however, I'll send a PM of praise to the poster, which I view as a far greater endorsement of that post.

Though rep means different things to different people, it's best used to encourage those whose posts are most noteworthy and informative.

Finally, about 99% of the time, if I give rep, it's positive rep.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99 percent of the rep I give is positive.

99 percent of the posts on this forum are positive, so I guess it pans out.

I have given red rep before, but it was mostly for trolls who are acting stupid and posting tripe.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never gave a red. I'd rather just post the fact I didn't like what they said in plain sight and why. Same with pm's. Only positive. Greens go to what I consider a informative or a funny post.

RD3P

Banned
99 percent of the rep I give is positive.

99 percent of the posts on this forum are positive, so I guess it pans out.

I have given red rep before, but it was mostly for trolls who are acting stupid and posting tripe.

you mean posting stuf like this?

what is rep???? what does it do for a guy....does he get a coupon in the mail for some free donuts at the end of the year if he doesnt get any bad rep?

Last edited:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
you mean posting stuf like this?

what is rep???? what does it do for a guy....does he get a coupon in the mail for some free donuts at the end of the year if he doesnt get any bad rep?

i'M NOT SURE WHAT REP DOES, BUT YOU GOT ONE FOR THIS ONE!!!
:grin:

Steve