Replacing cushions

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about replacing my cushions...

Can the cloth be re-used after replacing cushions? Can Simonis be bought with only enough for the rails. What cushion profile do Gandy tables use?

Great forum, you guys really know of what you speak.

Thanks

Dartman

Silver Member
Thinking about replacing my cushions...

Can the cloth be re-used after replacing cushions? Can Simonis be bought with only enough for the rails. What cushion profile do Gandy tables use?

Great forum, you guys really know of what you speak.

Thanks

Gandy uses K66
You can't reuse rail cloth.
Yes you can buy just a simonis rail set - I think we're the only ones that offer this on-site.

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
I've reused rail cloth after replacing the rails. The key is to leave it in the feather strips and just tape it out of the way back on the rail. It's a pain because you end up having to clean the exposed backside of the cloth, but it can be done.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I've reused rail cloth after replacing the rails. The key is to leave it in the feather strips and just tape it out of the way back on the rail. It's a pain because you end up having to clean the exposed backside of the cloth, but it can be done.

Usually though, the cloth is trimmed when it's initially installed to get rid of the excess under the rail. If it's trimmed, that doesn't leave much to stretch, so between that and cleaning it to make sure there's nothing left under the cloth, it's generally better to just replace it.

Al Coholic

Wrap it like it's yours.
Silver Member

Man that takes alot of time to re-stretch the existing cloth.

It all depends if you have the time or the money.

You only need 1 yard of cloth. :groucho:

Dartman

Silver Member
Usually though, the cloth is trimmed when it's initially installed to get rid of the excess under the rail. If it's trimmed, that doesn't leave much to stretch, so between that and cleaning it to make sure there's nothing left under the cloth, it's generally better to just replace it.

Right on.
I'd like to see someone try to reapply simonis that was trimmed.

Al Coholic

Wrap it like it's yours.
Silver Member
Right on.
I'd like to see someone try to reapply simonis that was trimmed.

It can be done with a pair of pliers... :eek:
Your gonna have shadows all down the rail,
And it's gonna look like Shit.
But it can be done.... :eek:

Dartman

Silver Member
It can be done with a pair of pliers... :eek:
Your gonna have shadows all down the rail,
And it's gonna look like Shit.
But it can be done.... :eek:

Oh, no doubt it could be done but it would be pretty stupid because it would
look like a POS as you said.