Reports from Philippines

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
teedotaj said:
Jay,

I'm actually Filipino Canadian :thumbup: One day I shall visit home and conquer these fine ladies :grin-square:

NO, they will conquer you!

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Look like the World team won the battle 9-8 according to Raj Hundal post on Facebook..
"Raj Hundal and the World team are champions of the Quezon City Invasion after a dramatic 9 matches to 8 victory. Great team effort guys.................www.Rajhundal.com."

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Day 3: 1-on-1 between Raj and Busta was the best I've seen. The whole house went down. Hill-Hill match that Busta won.

Master Bandido, will there be a DVD on this whole Shebang?

vin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
Day 3: 1-on-1 between Raj and Busta was the best I've seen. The whole house went down. Hill-Hill match that Busta won.

Master Bandido, will there be a DVD on this whole Shebang?

i wanted to ask the same question :D

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Yes, I'll be receiving the master copy next week.

It was a very exciting match and like I said in another thread Charlie and Raj were more than capable. I have a bunch of pics but still have to sit down and work on getting them uploaded.

Oh, and all the players got their prize money even if it took Verna, Ish and Perry to 5 am to do the math and deliver to the players personally. Why the late hours? Most of the players were leaving in a few hours to head back for the Mosconi.

This event and format got a lot of people in power, sponsors and tv networks very interested. So, watch out for a bigger Team Philippines vs The World event next year!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
f210 said:
RP rides Bata, Django victories to tie Int'l team in 9-ball showdown
12/04/2008 | 09:11 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us MANILA, Philippines - It could have been a rabbit that was pulled off this magician's hat.

Efren "Bata" Reyes came to the country's rescue with an important win on Thursday that helped Team Philippines pull even with the International side in the QC Invasion: Quezon City-Philippines vs The World Grand "Villards" Showdown at the Trinoma Mall in Quezon City.

Reyes, more popularly known as "the Magician", weaved his wand to take down Rodney Morris of the US 7-4.

The victory leveled the Ryder Cup-style tournament to six wins each for the locals and the foreigners.

Earlier, Francisco "Django" Bustamante escaped with a 7-6 cliffhanger over Raj Hundal of India, just after Warren Kiamco lost 7-4 to Thorsten Hohmann of Germany.

With a stalemate after 12 matches, the first side that gets to nine wins will take home the championship purse worth $40,000 (P1.96 million).

The next matches will be between Roberto Gomez versus Yang Ching-shun of Chinese-Taipei; a team event pitting Bustamante, Gomez Alex Pagulayan and Dennis Orcollo versus the quartet of Hundal, Yang, Mike Immonen of Finland and Wu Chia-Ching of Chinese-Taipei; and a singles match between Orcollo and Charlie Williams of the US.

If the showdown isn't decided after the Orcollo-Williams face-off, the next matches will feature another team duel between the group of Reyes, Kiamco, Ronnie Alcano and Lee Van Corteza and the foursome of Hohmann, Morris, Williams, and Fu Jianbo of China.

If the score is tied at 8, a team event will decide the winner, with the RP side represented by Alcano, Gomez, Kiamco and Pagulayan taking on Hundal, Morris, Williams and Wu. - GMANews

And that's how it went down. Raj, Charlie, Wu and Captain Rodney placed the exclamation point on the great comeback, of the Team World, that was started by Charlie Williams' great performance when he defeated Dennis O. Not one pulled any punches for there were sooooo many amazing shots!! Great drama with a lot of twists and turns!

Last edited:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
AnitoKid said:
Alex.jpg

I'm going to ask him the same question!

:)
The players had a great time! I can't wait to show you the videos. It's going to be extremely difficult to top this event!

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Looks like Philippines had a bad year. Not one won a major tournament. Better luck next year.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
bandido said:
The players had a great time! I can't wait to show you the videos. It's going to be extremely difficult to top this event!

Master Bandido, I want 1 copy of the DVD. I'm going home next week. I'll passby Superman Sports Bar on Saturday, Dec 13. :D

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Renegade said:
Rizah2.jpg

:eek: wow!

thanks for the pics, bandido! contact details next? :D
If you send me yours then you'll get announcements and reminders (text messages) from Rizah about upcoming in-house tournaments that we do at the Superman Sports Bar. I'll make sure that she gets your number.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
Master Bandido, I want 1 copy of the DVD. I'm going home next week. I'll passby Superman Sports Bar on Saturday, Dec 13. :D
I'll be getting the Master from Solar next week.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
parvus1202 said:
Looks like Philippines had a bad year. Not one won a major tournament. Better luck next year.
We sure did but come 2009 we'll start the year off with a 7-City Villard Cup from Jan-March. The guys are all burned-out from all the tournaments and travelling and the turmoil.

Some pics:

I think we need bleachers for 2500. The audience watching from the upper floors are 2-3 deep in some areas!
arenaLastDay.jpg

Raj, Waway (our TV Program's Marketing Director and Rayne (our interviewer).
rayneNraj.jpg

In between match clean-up crew!
CleanUp.jpg

Later!
chill2.jpg

Last edited:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Much thanks, kabayan!

bandido said:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
More Pics!

n661993423_1199632_2505.jpg

Got more pics on the event
from one of my billiards buddies, friends!

New pics number about 50+++!
And I kid you not!

Hope you like 'em!
Much thanks for looking, everyone!

Link is here, friends!

:)

Last edited:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Phil. Olympic Com. halts BSCP election

Local pool body in disarray

By Manolo Inigo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 02:19:00 12/08/2008

MANILA, Philippines: Heeding the letter-request of the country?s top players and billiards supporters, the Philippine Olympic Committee has directed the Billiards and Snookers Congress of the Philippines to put on hold its general membership meeting-election originally scheduled for Dec. 5 at the Makati Sports Club.

Among those who signed the letter-request, dated Nov. 28, were former BSCP chair and incumbent director Arturo Ilagan, BSCP members Mahar Mangahas (the SWS president) and Jonathan Sy of Negros Billiards Stable; Perry Mariano of Bugsy Promotions, Puyat Sports president Aristeo G. Puyat, world No. 1 Dennis Orcollo, Hall of Famer Efren "Bata" Reyes, Francisco "Django" Bustamante, 2007 world 9-ball runner-up Roberto Gomez, Lee Van Corteza and Warren Kiamco.

On Dec. 3, BSCP president Ernesto Fajardo circulated a memorandum to BSCP members announcing the postponement of the meeting. I tried to touch base with Mr. Fajardo to get more details, but my efforts were all in vain. Still, I would welcome a reply from him.

What were some of the issues against the BSCP leadership?

According to the letter addressed to POC president Jose "Peping" Cojuangco Jr., the officers of the BSCP, particularly chair Yen Makabenta and Fajardo, have lost the respect of the local billiards community.

Almost all the country's top players did not join the last World Ten-Ball Championship held here despite the big prizes offered. It was produced by Makabenta?s Raya Sports.

The letter also said that in spite of repeated queries, Mr. Fajardo has refused to disclose the names of the members who will be allowed to vote. It is our feeling that Mr. Fajardo and his group are purposely doing this to hide the fact that they appointed only people close to them so that they can perpetuate their tenure in the BSCP.?

The BSCP has denied hiding the names of the eligible voters, according to news reports.

Likewise, these BSCP officers were said to have used their powers to intimidate and coerce players into participating in events staged by their outfit. The players who refuse to join these events, no matter how deserving, are allegedly not allowed to represent the Philippines in international tournaments where the country is allotted slots.

Take the case of former world champion Alex Pagulayan. BSCP officials had dropped him from the RP team after Pagulayan was accused of ?sharking? (distracting an opponent in order to win) during the 2007 Singapore leg of the Guinness Asian 9-Ball Tour. They did not even bother to get Pagulayan's side before making the pronouncement in the newspapers and on the Internet.

Makabenta and Fajardo are now facing a criminal libel suit at the Pasig Regional Trial Court on account of the damage and injury they have done to Pagulayan. (To be continued

Last edited:

Renegade

Consume Mass Quantities!
Silver Member
bandido said:
If you send me yours then you'll get announcements and reminders (text messages) from Rizah about upcoming in-house tournaments that we do at the Superman Sports Bar. I'll make sure that she gets your number.

Thanks, Bandido! Was only kidding about the pretty girls, though. I'm married. :smile: I'd appreciate getting those updates, though. Will pm you my contact details.

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I can only regret my pc went down just before my trip to Manila. And it is still dead now when I returned back home. Will take some time to fix it, and only then I will be able to share some pictures and videos with you guys.
As for nice looking Filipinas I wonder if anyone has got a photo of Grace who plays poker at PPT Player's Den occasionally. Or just a cell number so that I could ask her about a pic :) She's mouth-watering :D