Rhino shaft buyers, let 'er rip.......

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I ordered my first 5/16x14 from them in late December, I questioned them before receiving it and was told they only make it one way now. That shaft was perfect for my Schon's other than being about .006 larger diameter at the joint. I could have lived with it but as I have a cue lathe I easily cleaned that up. That shaft was so nice that my wife stole it from me to use on her cue and I ordered another.
It's been over three weeks, and not only do I not have it yet but was given a tracking # the day after ordering so they could bill my account, but there still is no actual ship date. problems of success I guess. To their credit, they admitted they ran out of stock and my shaft was in another shipment already sent from overseas. They are good at responding to questions.

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I ordered my first 5/16x14 from them in late December, I questioned them before receiving it and was told they only make it one way now. That shaft was perfect for my Schon's other than being about .006 larger diameter at the joint. I could have lived with it but as I have a cue lathe I easily cleaned that up. That shaft was so nice that my wife stole it from me to use on her cue and I ordered another.
It's been over three weeks, and not only do I not have it yet but was given a tracking # the day after ordering so they could bill my account, but there still is no actual ship date. problems of success I guess. To their credit, they admitted they ran out of stock and my shaft was in another shipment already sent from overseas. They are good at responding to questions.
Thanks!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at a cue with diameter bigger than a rhino.

Can I have what you cut off? Do you think the shavings will work for a carom shaft?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll save them just for you when my next one arrives. If you send $50, I will expedite shipment and insure. Heck, you are still ahead at the price of these shafts.
Actually, I was considering ordering one of these shafts for a DZ cue that I have but have been holding off as I really don't use that cue, and probably never would use that cue in pool league. It's just too pretty. Probably should just sell it to someone that could make better use of it and buy more fishing stuff. It is pretty sitting in my pool cue rack though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll save them just for you when my next one arrives. If you send $50, I will expedite shipment and insure. Heck, you are still ahead at the price of these shafts.
Actually, I was considering ordering one of these shafts for a DZ cue that I have but have been holding off as I really don't use that cue, and probably never would use that cue in pool league. It's just too pretty. Probably should just sell it to someone that could make better use of it and buy more fishing stuff. It is pretty sitting in my pool cue rack though.
You are a true friend.

Almost a miracle.

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at a cue with diameter bigger than a rhino.

Can I have what you cut off? Do you think the shavings will work for a carom shaft?
You might take a tip from Strickland and just wrap some tennis grip tape around the base of the shaft.
if anyone asks about it, just tell them it tames the harmonics of the shaft because vibration was killing your bridge.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, guys, for the information on the shafts.
been considering a break shaft.
:)
Well, as the best pool player in my house (usually), I'll share a suggestion...if you are just wanting to break a cue, carbon might not the best choice.

If you whack it on the table it could leave a dent on whatever you break it over. Also, tiny carbon shards might get on the cloth and possiy injure you after.

Also, there are much cheaper alternatives that can make the cue pay.

Sometimes the cue must pay.

Jedco

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
When I play competitively, I use a Predator Revo setup, including a carbon break cue. For casual play, however, I try a lot of different cues. I recently bought a Rhino 5/16x18 break shaft for use with Meuccis, and have been impressed with its quality and performance. I chose Predator after having tried a lot of different carbon play shafts. This is the only other carbon break shaft I've regularly played with, so my experience isn't as well tested, but to me it feels very similar to the Revo and I believe it is an incredible value. Because of my positive experience, I intend to buy a Rhino play shaft, just to see how it feels.

vincett

I have got Rhino arrived , the shaft fit my predator butt just fine, not as flush and perfect as the Revo line. There is visual ribbing on the Rhino, like rings, where the Revo just look very Uniformly and straighter. Though, there is no ribbed feelings, the finished on the Rhino isn’t as bad as someone has said. There is no residues, it does not has the deep dark and black color as the Revo, more grey where as Revo is deeper Black.

The sliding feelings when stroking it is about 8-1/2 VS 10 on Revo

The deflection is about the same. Very very low deflection

The quality is about 9/10 compared to Revo, but the finishes is about 7/10. I would say that it is amazing for the money 💴. It was well spent

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have got Rhino arrived , the shaft fit my predator butt just fine, not as flush and perfect as the Revo line. There is visual ribbing on the Rhino, like rings, where the Revo just look very Uniformly and straighter. Though, there is no ribbed feelings, the finished on the Rhino isn’t as bad as someone has said. There is no residues, it does not has the deep dark and black color as the Revo, more grey where as Revo is deeper Black.

The sliding feelings when stroking it is about 8-1/2 VS 10 on Revo

The deflection is about the same. Very very low deflection

The quality is about 9/10 compared to Revo, but the finishes is about 7/10. I would say that it is amazing for the money 💴. It was well spent
Of course a Revo will fit flush on a Pred butt. You can't expect aftermarket shafts to fit all cues flush.

I tried a Rhino (12.5, purchased from Amazon) and had it boxed up and sent back later that day. I thought it hit pretty well and seemed high quality - my major gripe was that it seemed to deflect noticeably more than my Vantage shafts. Going to stick with wood for now.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Thanks, guys, for the information on the shafts.
been considering a break shaft.
:)
I went to CF when I started playing again. Now I have 5 diff ones.
Oops. Lol. Jus cain't hep mysef!!!🤣🤣
Anyhoo, the Rhino plays as good or better than any of the CF shafts I have. It came with a 5/16 - 14 so I could use it on a Joss and lined up Perfectly. Brass pilot!!! I was impressed. No phenolic pilot. Made the ass end of the shaft heavy, but don't notice that once it's screwed together. Rolled straight together and apart.
For the coin, you just can't beat the Rhino CF shaft.
Careful you don't become one of these Purists that won't buy anything unless it's a predator or some brand name of the cue of a player they admire.
I'll beat any of em w a broomstick. Lol.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Well, as the best pool player in my house (usually), I'll share a suggestion...if you are just wanting to break a cue, carbon might not the best choice.

If you whack it on the table it could leave a dent on whatever you break it over. Also, tiny carbon shards might get on the cloth and possiy injure you after.

Also, there are much cheaper alternatives that can make the cue pay.

Sometimes the cue must pay.
If you whack the shaft too much you'll get hairy palms. ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course a Revo will fit flush on a Pred butt. You can't expect aftermarket shafts to fit all cues flush.
I tell you what you can expect though...rhino said shaft collar was 21.5 mm (I read that on the pool forum, AZBilliards).

I had a butt made and told the guy I wanted collar 21.5 and guess what? Fits perfectly!
Screenshot_20240421-111111.jpg

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I was reading this thread until someone said shot speed has nothing to do with squirt.

Now I wonder if he's ever hit a ball hard or not. You have to hit the ball harder to increase shot speed.

Every shot I ever hit harder required a much larger allowance.

Unless of course you're playing with lasers and not pool cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was reading this thread until someone said shot speed has nothing to do with squirt.

Now I wonder if he's ever hit a ball hard or not. You have to hit the ball harder to increase shot speed.

Every shot I ever hit harder required a much larger allowance.

Unless of course you're playing with lasers and not pool cues.
'Initial' squirt line is same regardless of speed. A firm/hard hit shot just stays on that line longer. Soft shots(and masses of course) will curve/swerve back towards the initial line.