Ricco Cervantes Cue

noddon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a unique, rare, vintage Ricco Cervantes pool cue in fine condition. It is made of Pink Ivory. It has six ivory and ebony points. It also has six ivory and ebony windows on the butt. It has seven ebony rings on the butt and two ebony rings on the shaft. It also has “Ricco” in gold lettering and his mustache logo on the butt plate Ricco made many of his unique cues out of unusual wood, I bought this cue new, directly from Ricco before he retired in 1995. This cue includes provenance which is a Certificate of Authenticity filled out and signed by Ricco when I bought the cue. I shot about 5 or 6 balls (not games) with this cue and shafts, then cased it where it has remained ever since. Other than chalk on the tips, this cue is in the same condition as the day I bought it. It has a fine leather wrap and the cue is approx. 58 1/2" long and weighs approx. 19 oz. The cue is straight with no dings or scratches. Ricco was one of the last "old school" cue makers, as he made his cues entirely by hand. A picture and write-up of Ricco is in the Billiard Encyclopedia (page 355) which states that, "Ricco's cues are fine playing tools as well as exceptional sights to behold." "He was a true artisan and his contributions to the craft of cuemaking combine old world tradition with a personal style that made his cues unique." Note that any white lines, dots, etc. are only camera reflections. This cue is very rare and unique, as all of Ricco's cues were all hand-made and one-of-a-kind. I am selling this cue for $1695. If interested, contact me at noddon1@aol.com..

Attachments

• More Ricco 004.jpg
    More Ricco 004.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • More Ricco 007.jpg
    More Ricco 007.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 846
  • More Ricco 008.jpg
    More Ricco 008.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • More Ricco 012.jpg
    More Ricco 012.jpg