Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Allsion Fisher

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
lodini said:
Sorry to everyone who disagreed, but Jay is absolutely correct on this... I think I've said it before, but it's been estimated that Jeanette makes between $3 and $5 million a year between endorsements and tournaments. (from the Sports Business Daily, which is the trade journal for the sports biz industry... article written in late 2006)
:cool:

holy crap.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Fatboy...what does this mean??:confused:
"....problem is too many cock blockers sabataging the other guys."
:p

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
A high income doesn't necessarily make one rich. It's how one manages their money that really counts.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
lodini said:
Sorry to everyone who disagreed, but Jay is absolutely correct on this... I think I've said it before, but it's been estimated that Jeanette makes between $3 and $5 million a year between endorsements and tournaments. (from the Sports Business Daily, which is the trade journal for the sports biz industry... article written in late 2006)
:cool:
OK...:rolleyes:

Per the AZ money list for 2006 Jeanette won $26,725.00.

So you are telling me she made $2,973,275 in endorsements.

For what? What exactly does she endorse? Coke? Nike? Thats the kind of money your talking about. Did I miss the new Black Widow Ford F150 commercial? I don't think repping "The Spider" pays that kind of dough.

Isn't the point of endorsements to get publicity? So someone tell me who her deals are with?

Guest spots on This Damn Sports Show and Arli$$ along with commentary on Bowling and Pool for ESPN do not $3 MIL make.

To put this in perspective:

According to Forbes (a magazine I have heard of):

Danica Patrick, IRL driver made $6 Mil. last year. She endorses Tissot watches, Hostess cakes, and Mr. Clean

Scarlett Johansen, actress, made $5 Mil. She endorses Louis Vuitton, Reebok and L'Or?al.

Bobby Flay of Food Network made $2 Mil.

Jeanette is the top icon of the sport now. She did that on her own through hard work and has earned every dime that comes her way. I do not know for sure how much she makes and I would never ask. This really isn't about what she does or doesn't make. It's about people throwing crazy shit out there and before you know it is accepted as fact.

Somebody convince me I am wrong, but it is gonna take more than "I heard from my buddies cousins roommate Jeanette is making millions in Asia selling cereal and Lego's"

My whole point is, for god sake, think about what you read and ask your self "Based on my experience, is this feasible or likely to be true"

I await patiently to be proven wrong.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:

For what? What exactly does she endorse? Coke? Nike? Thats the kind of money your talking about. Did I miss the new Black Widow Ford F150 commercial? I don't think repping "The Spider" pays that kind of dough.

Isn't the point of endorsements to get publicity? So someone tell me who her deals are with?

Guest spots on This Damn Sports Show and Arli$$ along with commentary on Bowling and Pool for ESPN do not $3 MIL make.

Danica Patrick, IRL driver made $6 Mil. last year. She endorses Tissot watches, Hostess cakes, and Mr. Clean

Scarlett Johansen, actress, made $5 Mil. She endorses Louis Vuitton, Reebok and L'Or?al.

Jeanette is the top icon of the sport now. She did that on her own through hard work and has earned every dime that comes her way. I do not know for sure how much she makes and I would never ask. This really isn't about what she does or doesn't make. It's about people throwing crazy shit out there and before you know it is accepted as fact.

Somebody convince me I am wrong, but it is gonna take more than "I heard from my buddies cousins roommate Jeanette is making millions in Asia selling cereal and Lego's"

My whole point is, for god sake, think about what you read and ask your self "Based on my experience, is this feasible or likely to be true"

Justin, you're not wrong to question these numbers as unlikely as they sound. Jeanette has made a wide array of deals with a variety of companies. She has marketed herself extremely well using the "Black Widow" name. She is on video games, internet websites and endorses more products than you can imagine. No major brands but countless smaller ones. It all adds up and she and her agents never relent in searching for more "deals".

Her personal appearance fee for corporate events (these are major companies) is in the 10K neighborhood per day! I believe she has earned in excess of one million a year for about five years now, and her marketability is growing, not receding. Tournament winnings - who cares? That's lunch money!

And you can take it to the bank Frank! As for me, I take my hat off to her. She found a way to get rich in a business where most of the players are starving. In my best years owning poolrooms, I may have made a couple hundred thou. Real estate has been better.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
jay helfert said:
Justin, you're not wrong to question these numbers as unlikely as they sound. Jeanette has made a wide array of deals with a variety of companies. She has marketed herself extremely well using the "Black Widow" name. She is on video games, internet websites and endorses more products than you can imagine. No major brands but countless smaller ones. It all adds up and she and her agents never relent in searching for more "deals".

Her personal appearance fee for corporate events (these are major companies) is in the 10K neighborhood per day! I believe she has earned in excess of one million a year for about five years now, and her marketability is growing, not receding. Tournament winnings - who cares? That's lunch money!

And you can take it to the bank Frank! As for me, I take my hat off to her. She found a way to get rich in a business where most of the players are starving. In my best years owning poolrooms, I may have made a couple hundred thou. Real estate has been better.
See, we have went from $3 million to $1 million in a couple of posts. That is the only point I am trying to make. Now do I hear $500,000 :D

I will say this:

I generally do not speak on things unless I have a basis for my opinion based on personal experience, knowledge or familiarity with the subject.

I am gonna leave this alone now.

lodini

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:

Oh good, I love proving people wrong:D

Let's start with these...Canadian Club, LG Electronics, Laser One, Interplay Virtual Pool 3, Stern Pinball, Escalade Sports and Mosconi Billiards among her corporate partners, and she also has deals with King.com, Excitations.com and Cloud9living.com, where users can purchase personal lessons from Jeanette.

She books numerous appearances, does public speaking, and has her own line of merchandise.

She's appeared in or on the following: ESPN Sports Center commercial, Today Show, HBO Real Sports, People, MTV, Rolling Stone, Esquire, ESPN, Maxim, Arli$$, Late Show with Craig Kilborn, Cigar Aficionado, Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Tonight, Extra!, Late Show with David Letterman, Hard Copy, One Life to Live, Regis and Kelly, Say What Karaoke.

She is repped by Octagon, one of the largest sports marketing firms in the world.

Enough, or should I look into it some more? The point is, that is doesn't matter if this doesn't add up in your internal calculator. It's a fact, not a rumor started by my buddies cousins anything.

I'm also sorry that you have never heard of the Sports Business Daily... but coming from someone who works in the biz, I can guarantee it's a reliable source.

lodini

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
See, we have went from $3 million to $1 million in a couple of posts. That is the only point I am trying to make. Now do I hear $500,000 :D

I'm the one who said $3-$5 million. I stick with that.

allprobilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:

I agree with JCIN on this .
There is no way Lee makes 3 mill let alone 5. Jay is also correct that Lee gets as much as $10k per day appearance, but she doesnt get that everyday of the year. If she was making 3-5 mill, she would command more towards 50-75k per day appearance. Also, she would not be spending 8 weeks of the year playing in $15k first place events on the WPBA. That would be a borderline idiotic because there would be alot better ways to create more money with her name and time(if shes already making 3-5mill)
In her ESPN interview, she mentioned she makes "high six figures".I take things at half value when stars and athletes dont want to brag about what they make(which is standard in pool world) because its really small compared to what other top A class stars make.

She probbaly gets about 150-200k in endorsements and makes around 20 paid appearances a year . Thus around 400k mark. Still very high good living.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
isn't Semih Sayginer royalty? i might be wrong i don't know much about players but i thought i heard that somewhere

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:

I will say this:

I generally do not speak on things unless I have a basis for my opinion based on personal experience, knowledge or familiarity with the subject.

I am gonna leave this alone now.

My man, my man. I said IN EXCESS of one million a year. And that began several years ago. She may well have reached or exceeded the three million mark by now. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. No one in the history of Pool (NO ONE) has come close to the marketing job she has accomplished. Okay, maybe Fats. The WPBT is lucky to have her (and vice versa I might add).

If they were going to name anyone Commissioner of professional Pool, I would vote for her in a heartbeat. I know the numbers sound huge for most of us. But, yes it can be done and Jeanette is living proof of that. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rayjay said:
Fatboy...what does this mean??:confused:
"....problem is too many cock blockers sabataging the other guys."
:p

What does it mean? what are you refering to? :confused: :confused:

if your refering to her 3-5 income , i'm happy for her, She is a great person we played once before she could play good, for about 4 hours and we talked alot, she was determined to become a Pro at the time she was a B- player at best, I was beating her easily-we wernt gambling it was jus t social, I knew she would be successful in what ever she was going to do, her determination is like mine. I dropped out of pool but a few years later I saw her on TV and wasnt suprised at all, i was very happy for her.

or if your talking about this:

problem is too many cock blockers sabataging the other guys

i'm refering to promoters of tournments and people in the industry, there is no synergy in this industry, and no trust between people, for example i needed a guy to come break down my GC4 he said he couldnt do it for 3 weeks, i had to get it out that day so i said i'll give you $500 which is insane $$ for breaking down a table and telling my guys how to move it. I was driving over to the table was to pay him while they were breaking it down, he said"I didnt leave(his business) yet because you didnt pay me yet, I know you drive a $350,000 Rolls to the pool room and have a body guard, but that dosent mean you pay your bills" I said I didnt steal the car and the body guard would kick my ass if his pay checks bounce. he cost himself $500 for 2 hours work because he was that intense over $500.

or the cue dealers who were going to protect me from the thieves slamming other dealers, that aint no way to do business,

When i first started my own business i came right out of the pool hall and had ths $hitty attitude that is like cancer in the billiard industry at all levels and I didnt do myself any favors, I learned real fast that there are beter ways of treating people and trusting them etc. this is why pool wont ever work, penis envy, lack of trust etc. I could open 5 pool rooms in Vegas and sponser the thing like KT promised(posting up the $$ in escrow before it started) and not miss the $$$.

Why dont I? because of reasons like the 2 I stated above, or a pissing contest about invitations, hall of fame etc. Its a bad indusrty to be in, I have friends in the biz, and pool rooms but only a handfull, i aint gonna get involved with a bunch of "know it all" nits. If they are so smart why arnt they rich?

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
lodini said:
Oh good, I love proving people wrong:D

Let's start with these...Canadian Club, LG Electronics, Laser One, Interplay Virtual Pool 3, Stern Pinball, Escalade Sports and Mosconi Billiards among her corporate partners, and she also has deals with King.com, Excitations.com and Cloud9living.com, where users can purchase personal lessons from Jeanette.

She books numerous appearances, does public speaking, and has her own line of merchandise.

She's appeared in or on the following: ESPN Sports Center commercial, Today Show, HBO Real Sports, People, MTV, Rolling Stone, Esquire, ESPN, Maxim, Arli$$, Late Show with Craig Kilborn, Cigar Aficionado, Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Tonight, Extra!, Late Show with David Letterman, Hard Copy, One Life to Live, Regis and Kelly, Say What Karaoke.

She is repped by Octagon, one of the largest sports marketing firms in the world.

Enough, or should I look into it some more? The point is, that is doesn't matter if this doesn't add up in your internal calculator. It's a fact, not a rumor started by my buddies cousins anything.

I'm also sorry that you have never heard of the Sports Business Daily... but coming from someone who works in the biz, I can guarantee it's a reliable source.

Thanks for confirming what I said. She is definitely making the big bucks!

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
What does it mean? what are you refering to? :confused: :confused:

if your refering to her 3-5 income , i'm happy for her, She is a great person we played once before she could play for about 4 hours and we talked alot, she was determined to become a Pro at the time she was a B- player at best, I was beating her easily-we wernt gambling it was jus t social, I knew she would be successful in what ever she was going to do, her determination is like mine. I dropped out of pool but a few years later I saw her on TV and wasnt suprised at all, i was very happy for her.

Rayjay was referring to.. "problem is too many cock blockers sabataging the other guys."

which is from an earlier post you made Fatboy.

Spade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
I find it hard to believe that ANYONE who's income comes soley from the billiards industry and is on your list makes anything near $700K. :D

I know some of the people on your list and me thinks all of them would like very much to make half of what you suggest.

Not sure of your formula but I am pretty sure it is flawed.

There just isn't that much money in pool.

I think it's very possible. If Williams is making profits in USA promotions, then I'm sure his Dragon Promotions in Asia are making exponentially more with producing 30 events according to their website. And 7 TV network contracts. That would be alot in licensing fees if it's a top sport, which it seems to be over there.
Also, if these threads are true about what Jeanette Lee makes, and she is going to Korea often because of Dragon and on their dime each time, then perhaps Williams is making even more. I like to bet that promoters make more than players do(like in boxing). Of course there are promoters in pool that dont do well, but when you think of Barry Hearns(Matchroom Sport), Mr.Tu (Taiwan), and Puyat Sports(Philippines), I'm sure these are all multi-millionaires.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
allprobilliards said:
I agree with JCIN on this .
There is no way Lee makes 3 mill let alone 5. Jay is also correct that Lee gets as much as $10k per day appearance, but she doesnt get that everyday of the year. If she was making 3-5 mill, she would command more towards 50-75k per day appearance. Also, she would not be spending 8 weeks of the year playing in $15k first place events on the WPBA. That would be a borderline idiotic because there would be alot better ways to create more money with her name and time(if shes already making 3-5mill)
In her ESPN interview, she mentioned she makes "high six figures".I take things at half value when stars and athletes dont want to brag about what they make(which is standard in pool world) because its really small compared to what other top A class stars make.

She probbaly gets about 150-200k in endorsements and makes around 20 paid appearances a year . Thus around 400k mark. Still very high good living.

The WPBA Tour is important for her because of the television exposure it affords her. It confirms her credibility as a top ranked women player. "High six figures" may be right for all I know. But I would take that to mean close to a million a year.

And I strongly suspect her income has taken a big jump in the last two years, since all her new deals have been made in that period. If you were to ask her today, she may say "seven figures".

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
punter said:
Rayjay was referring to.. "problem is too many cock blockers sabataging the other guys."

which is from an earlier post you made Fatboy.

i answered it above i just edited a few mistakes its a good post

lodini

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just cause it's fun, I can't stop :D

From a USA Today article in 2005...
"When you walk into a hospitality suite and she's there, she's instantly recognizable," says Jeff Urban, sports marketing director for Gatorade, which used Lee for its corporate hospitality at the Super Bowl. "Will she be the next Serena or Mia? No, probably not. But she's really making an impact."

That includes appearing at about 25 corporate outings, at up to $10,000 a pop, so far in 2005, up from about 20 last year.

In other words, there are so many things that she is involved in (and paid well for) that we mere mortals can't even imagine!

Last edited: