RIP Brendan Crockett and his brother Jeff.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a tragedy and it's painful for me to even write about it. Brendan was just 21 years old and had returned to playing pool after a break from the game. He was our former Junior National Champion and a Ventura County resident. He played some at my room but was a regular at Butera's Billiards. We don't have any of the facts yet except for the news reports that he was somehow involved in an accident with Big Rig Truck on the freeway. His brother also died in the crash.

Its over before it begins.........RIP

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Young boys, taken from us waaaay too soon. God Rest Their Young Souls.
The AzBilliards Family Grieves for Them.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts and Prayers for the young Men, Family, Friends and Loved Ones. This hit's home hard as Brendan is just my Sons age with his whole life in front of him. I would be devastated.

RIP

-Kat,

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Gosh, 2 brothers, 2 sons, 2 friends, all lost in an instant. Just tragic. Sounds like they were terrific kids to boot. Condolences to the parents, I don't even want to think what they can feel at this point, but at least know they raised 2 fine human beings that many folks respected...........

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
He was just playing Edgie at Butera's Billiards in Moorpark last Saturday... I didn't know Brendan, but I recently moved to the area and I was looking forward to playing him at some point in the future. My condolences to his friends and family. 21 is way too young. He had his whole life ahead of him and bright future in pool.

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Driving is the most dangerous thing most of us do on a daily basis.

This is a true tragedy, I can't even imagine what the family is going through. Hug your loved ones and take nothing for granted and please don't drink, text or do anything else you shouldn't be doing when you are on the road.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was genuinely crushed when Tommy Hill shared with me earlier today what happened.

I met Brendan at the Mezz tour stop in Fresno earlier this month when he played TJ Hill, Tommy's son.
The young man won with grace and lost with dignity & was more mature way beyond his young years.

Never had the pleasure of meeting Jeff but I am sure he was cut from the same cloth which testifies
to the great family upbringing they must have enjoyed. Their parents must be devastated beyond
belief to have their children just suddenly die in a horrible tragedy at such young ages with so much
to live for and still experience and contribute to our world.....If God has a plan, he sure made it darn
impossible to understand and something like this has to be unfathomable to those who knew & loved
Brendan and Jeff.......as a parent my heart actually aches so this has to be unbearable for their parents.

This is a nightmare every parent lives with & I will pray for the dearly departed souls of Brendan & Jeff.
May they never be forgotten, always be cherished and remembered in our hearts and minds forever.

Respectfully,

Matthew Brennan

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
RIP Brendan and Jeff

Brendan was a great guy, so was Jeff, and their parents.
This is such a bad tragedy...

I've just saw Brendan at Rum Runner just a few months ago. I am profoundly sad, and my wife could not sleep last night over this.

Bill Crockett stay strong, they are both at peace. Time may not be the same concept of what we know nor the same way we think it works for us on earth, we may all reunited with them much sooner than we think.

It may not make much difference when we all die, we may all be going to the same place, at the same time.

I'm sure they are at a better place.

My thoughts are with the Crockett family right now, just can't think of anything else...

MikeyLittle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember my first SBE I played Brendan. He must of been 14 or something at the time. I remember it because he was this scrawny little kid. He showed up. Hit a bank shot and kicked the cue ball around a few rails and said he was ready to start, and than preceded to beat the brakes off me. But we were joking the whole time. Good kid sad ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jus1pktson

Registered
I saw Brendon at hardtimes early this year with Chris Robinson, he called my name and when I turn he said up here! I could not believe he grew a foot I had to look up. Man he was ready to go back to school with C R. Sorry to here! To soon! RIP

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The stuff of nightmares , truly.

Pray that mom and dad can someday get to sleep at night.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
A tragedy of unthinkable proportions.
God bless these grieving parents. Their minutes have turned into hours.

Last edited: