Rule Clarification, Please.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
We are playing BCA Rules with the Cue Ball Foul Only Rule in place. I am shooting and I inadvertently knock a ball into the pocket with my elbow. What are the consequences?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are playing BCA Rules with the Cue Ball Foul Only Rule in place. I am shooting and I inadvertently knock a ball into the pocket with my elbow. What are the consequences?
Some play where it re-spots and others play where its opponents choice. If its the 8b you lose. Sometimes. ;) BCA/WPA do not have a 'CB foul only' option. You need to get this stuff straight before you start.

Last edited:

geoff_182

In the BCA league that I play in, your opponent would have the option to leave the ball down, or re-spot on the table where he thinks the ball was. No foul unless more than 1 ball moves. If more than 1 ball moves, it is a foul, and any pocketed ball stays down.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the BCA league that I play in, your opponent would have the option to leave the ball down, or re-spot on the table where he thinks the ball was. No foul unless more than 1 ball moves. If more than 1 ball moves, it is a foul, and any pocketed ball stays down.
Sorry but you'll have to show me in the rules where the opponent gets a choice in this matter. As far as the rules go, it gets respotted.... even if it was the 8 ball. Unless as Greg said, it had an affect on the path of another ball.

Flakeandrun

All ball fouls. Reading some of these scenarios that come up from time to time RE: moving object balls makes me hurt inside :ROFLMAO: