San Jose pool halls

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the skinny on a good place to play in San Jose?

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Shoreline is good. If you have a car, drive to Mountain View to California Billiards, not too far. Check out the WorldPPA website tournament list, there are a few other spots that have OK tables (Cuetopia) and Bob runs a good tournament system.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
milpitas and mountain view best places to hang out with good equipment.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Cal is the best in terms of equipment and eats and drinks. Cal has a full kitchen.

Shoreline is ok as is Edgies. Both have food but the food is so so because they do not have a full kitchen and only serve beer.

Also if you would like to watch some 3 cushion, Edgies has the most 3 cushion players and tables in the area.

I play at either Edgies or Cal.

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info

Does Cuetopia have 4 1/2 inch pocket tables, smaller or buckets? I only like 4 1/2 inch GC or Diamond and for 7 or 8 bucks an hour (thats per person) I better like the table. Were at $4 per hour per person in Denver.

Last edited:

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Cuetopia have 4 1/2 inch pocket tables, smaller or buckets? I only like 4 1/2 inch GC or Diamond and for 7 or 8 bucks an hour (thats per person) I better like the table. Were at $4 per hour per person in Denver.

I haven't been to Cutopia in a while, but I think 4.5". Most of halls in the Southern Bay Area use Brunswicks. You won't generally find Diamonds out here.

As for the table price that's a normal price out here, all the halls out here are priced similarly. It's just the cost of doing business in California, plus the extra cost of doing business in Silicon Valley. Just as with pool... Eating, rent, hotels, seeing a movie, fuel, etc.. it's all more expensive.

In the case of home and rent it's mind-boggling, and those pool halls have to pay the lease somehow.

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetopia has a few tables with 4.5" pockets, I think tables 1-4, but ask to make sure. They offer half price pool before 4pm, if you can make it then.

Shoreline also has a couple tables that are tighter than 4.5"; again, ask if you want them and I'm sure they'd be happy to put you on them. I've seen them put bangers on those tables when everything else was full and it's rather amusing.