San Juan Puerto Rico Pool Rooms

Ghost of OBC

Next month I'll be spending a couple of weeks in Old San Juan. I was wondering if anyone had insights into places to play. Not necessarily looking for action, but definitely looking for a place to practice a little. South of town there looks to be a room called Zona 9. In San Juan there look to be a few touristy bars that have a table or three (Andy's, Douglas', Point 8, by the airport). Any insight, suggestions, or recent experiences would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just there a week ago and did not hit a single ball.

That said, I was very surprised at the amount of places that had pool tables. Not nice ones, but any pool is better than no pool!
Screenshot_20230107-090015.jpg

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK...just got a msg from Alan Rolon, PR's best player. THE places to play are really in San Sebastian--Players Factory (immaculate Diamonds) and Master's (also good tables). But it's a two-hour drive. There's another spot in Bayamón, but it didn't sound too hot and if I remember the place, I wouldn't send you there unless you're comfortable with the Hard Knock Life.

As other posters pointed out, there a million and one spots to play on the 8-foot bar tables that are ubiquitous in this region. Just be aware of your surroundings.

For me, I would go to where Alan Rolon and the other players are at. Great people and great pool!

Ghost of OBC

M
OK...just got a msg from Alan Rolon, PR's best player. THE places to play are really in San Sebastian--Players Factory (immaculate Diamonds) and Master's (also good tables). But it's a two-hour drive. There's another spot in Bayamón, but it didn't sound too hot and if I remember the place, I wouldn't send you there unless you're comfortable with the Hard Knock Life.

As other posters pointed out, there a million and one spots to play on the 8-foot bar tables that are ubiquitous in this region. Just be aware of your surroundings.

For me, I would go to where Alan Rolon and the other players are at. Great people and great pool!
Many thanks! I'm not sure I'll make it that far out of San Juan, but if I find myself in San Sebastian, I'll definitely check them out. I really appreciate the insight.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Majormiscue lives in Costa Rica. Message him, I'm sure he can help you out. He hangs out in the npr forum section a lot.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Im a little bothered I did not seek this same info a few weeks ago.

Next time!

Ghost of OBC

Out of curiosity, would one meet his mother's sister's sons at the place in Bayamón? My Puertorriqueno brother in law thinks he knows the place, and shares your reservations.

Last edited:

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the experience check out El Batey in Old San Juan. They have a beaten up table that has almost no room around it, so they have a medley of short sticks that you can use. I just ended up using a short stick all the time to save messing around switching cues.
It is a real dive bar, but a lot of fun.

Ghost of OBC

For the experience check out El Batey in Old San Juan. They have a beaten up table that has almost no room around it, so they have a medley of short sticks that you can use. I just ended up using a short stick all the time to save messing around switching cues.
It is a real dive bar, but a lot of fun.
Very cool. Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. Looks like my kind of bar.

Google says it is 300 meters from my house. I'll definitely check it out.

Last edited: