Schon and the Pros?

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a few Pros play with Schons. Can you add to the list?

Alex Pagulyan
SVB (before Cuetec Deal)
Johnny Archer (younger years)
Ronnie Wiseman
Wu Chia-Ching (formally)
Jason Kirkwood
Reed Pierce (when he won the Open)
Wade Crane
Jimmy Wetch
Scott Kitto
Willie Munson
Shannon Daulton (early years)
Michael Coltrain. ( before Lambros)

Thanks.

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a few Pros play with Schons. Can you add to the list?

Alex Pagulyan
Johnny Archer (younger years)
Ronnie Wiseman
Wu Chia-Ching (w/Predator shaft)

Thanks.

Alex pagulyan plays with a mezz but when he did he played with a schon/predator combo

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that when I was in Japan, most of the 2nd tier Philippino players that live there played with Schon butts and 314 shafts. It became somewhat of a boom. When I say 2nd tier Philippinos, I'm talking about guys that could play on the world level any day, but just don't have the paperwork or the funds to get into the United States, so many of them live and play in Japan.
dave

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet if you asked......a large majority of the Pros played with a Schon at one time or another.

On the same topic.....I hit the Expo yesterday and an old friend working at a cue booth pulled me aside to ask about an old Schon. I used to sell Schons 20 years ago. One of the cue repair guys has a Schon no one has ever seen before. It has boxes inlaid in the forearm and the butt.....no points and has the Schon on the shaft. I am hoping to see it today he wasn't available last night.

Anyone ever seen one of these?

thanks, Gerry

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> Jimmy Wetch has used a number of them over the years.

Early on,so did Shannon Daulton.

Scott Kitto

Willie Munson

Grady Mathews made his first instructional video with one.

Coltrain used one before his Lambros. Tommy D.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
I read in BD mag. that SVB played with a Joss butt from a cue he received from Mike Sigel when SVB was a kid and had a Schon shaft fitted to it later on.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
atthecat said:
It was the opposite. Schon butt, Joss shaft.
I knew it was one way or another, lol. I'll find the article when I get home, there's also a picture of him with the cue & Mike Sigel yeeeears ago.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
On the same topic.....I hit the Expo yesterday and an old friend working at a cue booth pulled me aside to ask about an old Schon. I used to sell Schons 20 years ago. One of the cue repair guys has a Schon no one has ever seen before. It has boxes inlaid in the forearm and the butt.....no points and has the Schon on the shaft. I am hoping to see it today he wasn't available last night.

Anyone ever seen one of these?

thanks, Gerry

A friend of mine had a Schon that no one had seen before and when he contacted Schon about it they told him they made cues to cuctomers specs just like custom cue makers today, so there are probably quit a few one-of-a-kind Schons out there.

somms69

escape artist
Silver Member
2009 WPC they listed him as playing with a Schon.
I'm always late...:) He won the world 8 and 9 ball championships using a South West that he had for many years. He lost his cue or it was stolen in 2008 right before he placed 2nd behind Darren Appleton in the world 10 ball championships using a borrowed cue. Always a day late and a dollar short I am.